[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

Brandon3055

Jul 29, 2019
OMG that is absolutly amazing, op as hell but i love it.

Well everything in my mod is op as hell so it should fit right in! But how exactly is being able to adjust things like walk speed, jump boost, mining speed etc. op as hell?

Edit: well except for the fact that i increased the max jump power and added depth mode to the staff and maby some other things that i dont recall...

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
ME is now infested with cute hobbit scenery. All over the place
Well everything in my mod is op as hell so it should fit right in! But how exactly is being able to adjust things like walk speed, jump boost, mining speed etc. op as hell?

Edit: well except for the fact that i increased the max jump power and added depth mode to the staff and maby some other things that i dont recall...

I haven't had time to look at it yet, sucking down coffee after working on the server until 5am, and waking up to windchill of -17 and my wife pointing to a snow shove....... Is that a config file that a server operator can use, or something each player can adjust. Having an option for people running servers to set speeds and abilities would be very helpful. So would some sort of limit on max movement speed. People moving to fast and loading new chunks can make servers unplayable for the rest of the folks. Goshen has a very nice fix over on Prospercraft, where moving to quick gets you hit with a Slow4 debuff :) I could finally get some work done on my roof.

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
Tolkiencraft II Beta 2.4.1: New Content Test Drive Tonight!

I'll be streaming 2.4.1 tonight a single player world, prepped off-line to take us to the new content right away. I am so looking forward to seeing how the new overworld towns have changed since our first peek, and of course, to check out the new content in Middle Earth!

Start time is 8pm MST. I hope to see you all in the stream!
http://www.twitch.tv/valsnoisytoys

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Little question regarding the new cities in the 2.4.1 version:
When you look for a place to build your own place, is it still that you only need to watch your distance from the spawn-point, or is it better to not build anywhere near the new cities, too?
Well, it will still be a 1000 blocks in any direction from the spawn point in each dimension once the content update is deemed stable for "reasons" but in beta status it is best to be prepared to restart each version update as they are not set to recommended for that reason (this only applies to version 2.4.x) I want players who are going to play this version to understand it is up to work out bugs, primarily with the quest system and secondary that the mods are playing nice.

Teraphina

Jul 29, 2019

mainly the fact that you can take off and put on enchants with just removing and placing an enchant book hehe no exp involved, which you can do with an anvil and books but exp to put the enchants on, havent played with it much yet but cant wait to get a staff and put enchants on it that are not suppossed to combine and see how they work together, you know like weapon and tool enchants

edit... though there are only 4 slots that i could see so that can really limit what you can put on there which could be a good thing, just carry the books with you so you can switch out when you need to change what your doing

Last edited:

Brandon3055

Jul 29, 2019
mainly the fact that you can take off and put on enchants with just removing and placing an enchant book hehe no exp involved, which you can do with an anvil and books but exp to put the enchants on, havent played with it much yet but cant wait to get a staff and put enchants on it that are not suppossed to combine and see how they work together, you know like weapon and tool enchants

The new enchant system with the books is to get past the fact that minecraft dosnt allow you to put an enchant on multiple item types e.g. I want the staff to accept both tool and sword enchants but that is not possible with the vanilla enchanting system. And sorry to ruin your fun but my system dose check that an enchant can be applied. So you cant put armor enchants on the staff etc. But the staff dose accept both sword and mining tool enchants.

As for the xp cost. Thats just another bonus when using draconic tools!

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Well, it will still be a 1000 blocks in any direction from the spawn point in each dimension once the content update is deemed stable for "reasons" but in beta status it is best to be prepared to restart each version update as they are not set to recommended for that reason (this only applies to version 2.4.x) I want players who are going to play this version to understand it is up to work out bugs, primarily with the quest system and secondary that the mods are playing nice.

Alright :) Just wanted to be sure even for the future.

As a minor-bug-report:
It seems the inventory-interface is a bit bugged, it has 2 tabs for your normal crafting/inventory screen.
(If that second tab was just added to be changed later into something else, ignore this report. :) )

QSCCQnT.png

Teraphina

Jul 29, 2019
OMG OMG OMG you did it Brandon thank you thank you thank you, (the ability to move locations up and down in the advanced charm) though the buttons are not displaying correctly but they work.

GO i think i figured out what i did wrong, had to start over to test so working on that now, think i moved the 2.3.x map into my minecraft by mistake (what i get for downloading them both into the same folder heh

1st bug, the King stil gives 16 silver coins for the town tour and the items he asks for are needing emerald coins (wondering once again if i installed the right template though i copied over everything) spawned them in and am continuing on to see if anything else is off, i might end up deleting the template folder and reinstalling it

Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
This is good news for the pack

http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...ements-and-now-allowing-redistribution.62316/

We don't have to make each player go download fastcraft, it can be included now.
Yeah, I was the first to notify the 3rd party team (benefits on being on it) but I have already signed up with sooo many websites for perms I really am not in a hurry to add one more to the list, especially when it is for the sole reason of fastcraft. So for now, players will still need to download on their own until I decide otherwise :) this is because watchful has decided that anyone including will have to notify player of their intent to include as part of the 3rd party pack process. (unless someone has a way to notify him somewhere else)
Alright :) Just wanted to be sure even for the future.

As a minor-bug-report:
It seems the inventory-interface is a bit bugged, it has 2 tabs for your normal crafting/inventory screen.
(If that second tab was just added to be changed later into something else, ignore this report. :) )

QSCCQnT.png
Bug yes, but not for the reasons you think. The inventory tab system is still very much a project not standardized (and why baubles and travellers gear now have a button on the picture) It used to overlap, and noppes tried a fix to keep it from overlapping tinkers but there are still issues. At least they function normally eve if there are two crafting inventory tabs.
OMG OMG OMG you did it Brandon thank you thank you thank you, (the ability to move locations up and down in the advanced charm) though the buttons are not displaying correctly but they work.

GO i think i figured out what i did wrong, had to start over to test so working on that now, think i moved the 2.3.x map into my minecraft by mistake (what i get for downloading them both into the same folder heh

1st bug, the King stil gives 16 silver coins for the town tour and the items he asks for are needing emerald coins (wondering once again if i installed the right template though i copied over everything) spawned them in and am continuing on to see if anything else is off, i might end up deleting the template folder and reinstalling it
And that is what bug testing is for! I must have forgotten to change his reward after I changed everything else. I'll make that change when I get home tonight.

Last edited:
Reactions: eDilettante

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
Any tips on how to get my server to 2.4.1?

I updated my client, but I cant enter the server. It gives me a paragraph of mod rejections.

Would copying all the mods or configs from my client then putting them into the server work?

Goshen

Jul 29, 2019
Any tips on how to get my server to 2.4.1?

I updated my client, but I cant enter the server. It gives me a paragraph of mod rejections.

Would copying all the mods or configs from my client then putting them into the server work?

Read back in the thread, 2.4.1 is for testing and there isn't a server version for that reason, there is more, that you need to know about it, scroll back.

Teraphina

Jul 29, 2019
And that is what bug testing is for! I must have forgotten to change his reward after a changed everything else. I'll make that change when I get home tonight.

ok i deffenitly did something wrong in middle earth and even the ring isnt here, time to reinstall and try again

edit... so far so good, reinstalled (completly from ftb and map download) and king has given me the emerald coins, so thinking i did something wrong on the last instal

edit 2... ok so after the reinstall there is still nothing at where you come into middle earth, not even the Ring to go back to Draconis....

Mount doom is there, and DragonBurg is here, WyvernHaven is there, Hobbiton is the only thing not present

Last edited:

Dezil_nz

Jul 29, 2019
Hobbiton is there you just don't spawn in next to it it's maybe a few 100 blocks away

@Mikhaila666 should be able to give you the location of the return portal as we were doing things with that part of the map last night

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
ok i deffenitly did something wrong in middle earth and even the ring isnt here, time to reinstall and try again

edit... so far so good, reinstalled (completly from ftb and map download) and king has given me the emerald coins, so thinking i did something wrong on the last instal

edit 2... ok so after the reinstall there is still nothing at where you come into middle earth, not even the Ring to go back to Draconis....

Mount doom is there, and DragonBurg is here, WyvernHaven is there, Hobbiton is the only thing not present
Sounds as though you did not move far enough, look on the lotr map for a point called waymeet, that is the direction to go for hobbiton.

Teraphina

Jul 29, 2019
Hobbiton is there you just don't spawn in next to it it's maybe a few 100 blocks away

@Mikhaila666 should be able to give you the location of the return portal as we were doing things with that part of the map last night

ok found it, it was 400 blocks away from where the Draconis Ring sent me, so the draconis
ring needs to be fixed (hopes this is the same for everyone)
x-377 z464 y65

hehe nice figured out how to put "spoiler" in

edit... ok so guess where i get stuck, hehe the Council Summons, i get it from Chald and it says "Council Summons 339" on it but the quest doesnt recognize it for some reason and is not letting me continue

Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
ok found it, it was 400 blocks away from where the Draconis Ring sent me, so the draconis
ring needs to be fixed (hopes this is the same for everyone) x-377 z464 y65
ummm...yeah, been trying. While it lets me adjust where you spawn in the overworld, seems to potentially be hard-coded where you spawn in middle earth. But that is ok, I have ideas to help with travel and direction so while your ME spawn point may not change, what happens when you do might! :)