[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
He did a great job with Hobbiton Val, looks very nice. The same insane level of detail as draconis....just...hobbity. Is hobbity a word/
Oh i am not even done with hobbition...hehe
Since I'm fairly much in the early game, I totally have no problem with starting over.
Little question to that: Will I still use the template-folder from the current version (so the one downloaded from the curse-website) or will there be a new download once the update is out?
I already have the 2.4 template uploaded to curse, just not available on the launcher, and FYI, there will be no server version for a bit until 2.4.x is a recommended release
Congrats GO on the FTB team member and the Phoenix Team member. Well deserved.
Thank you very much!

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
Hello. I'm having a problem with a server I'm trying to run for a few friends and myself. I looked this up already and tried the method, but it didn't work. I cant seem to open the quest book. I tried to copy the HQM folder in the config folder, then moved it to the server config folder but I still cant seem to open it.

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
I actually deleted my modpack folder, reinstalled, then did the same process and it worked. Thanks!

Its working fine but no one can break objects, or open doors :/ Well I can but they cant.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I actually deleted my modpack folder, reinstalled, then did the same process and it worked. Thanks!

Its working fine but no one can break objects, or open doors :/ Well I can but they cant.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
That would be your server settings for protection...can't help you there

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
It's strange. I'm not using any type of caldron or plugins. Just running a basic ftb server. I've never seen or experienced any type of protection aspect unless I was using plugins.

Its the first mod pack my fiends couldn't break anything in, so I figured the pack may have some type of protection within it. Maybe not.

Anyone who is running this server with a few friends experience the same thing? Maybe ftb built some type of protection in their default servers you can download from the launcher?

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
It would be something I would have to experience to be sure...have not seen that happen, though there are areas I have built-in protection to discourage breaking things.

unseennote

Jul 29, 2019
Good news, my new PC has arrived and is fully operational, and that means I can play the pack, I am so excited to start.

:-( ok so the "starting tools" are bye bye.

suggestion to starter stuff. give parts needed for making own weapon/tools along with maybe have a smeltery around the city some where (possibly forge Be a smeltery/steelworks?)

I'm pretty sure the blacksmith has one.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
It's strange. I'm not using any type of caldron or plugins. Just running a basic ftb server. I've never seen or experienced any type of protection aspect unless I was using plugins.

Its the first mod pack my fiends couldn't break anything in, so I figured the pack may have some type of protection within it. Maybe not.

Anyone who is running this server with a few friends experience the same thing? Maybe ftb built some type of protection in their default servers you can download from the launcher?

Is this just within so many blocks of draconis or of the ring portal in Middle Earth? I was under the assumption it is protected by default in the pack so that you don't build to near areas that will change with upgrades. Possibly you have perms as admin, friends do not, and that's what is happening?

Reactions: GreatOrator

NaZeP

Jul 29, 2019
excuse me, where i can download the server file? because every time i download server file @ launcher, i getting mod rejection for infernal mobs...

Dallas123450

Jul 29, 2019
I cannot do anything!
I launched the latest version, 2.4.0, and it says it could not find any mods or files for Thaumcraft:any.
Why am I having this error?
It says Thaumcraft is enabled when I look at Edit Mods.
Help!

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
Is this just within so many blocks of draconis or of the ring portal in Middle Earth? I was under the assumption it is protected by default in the pack so that you don't build to near areas that will change with upgrades. Possibly you have perms as admin, friends do not, and that's what is happening?

It was at the start by the boats where you spawn when first entering the map.

My two friends tried to break barrels, and they both claim they would turn into a creeper trophies or stuffed creepers or something.

Its wasn't like that for me however, I could easily break anything I wanted.

They also couldn't open any doors. Again I could open them, but they couldn't.

It wasn't like this before. I had an old server of this pack right after they fixed the quest long not showing the quest complete thing.

I honestly wish I would have paid attention to the old update we were on. Then we could downgrade and use the old update and server, which let my friends do what ever they wanted.

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
In short I'm positive this is an issue with something ftb recently did to their server option they offer on the launcher, or something with a pack update.

Something has to be adding a protection element to the sever, and its not any type of cauldron or plugin because I'm not using any.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
In short I'm positive this is an issue with something ftb recently did to their server option they offer on the launcher, or something with a pack update.

Something has to be adding a protection element to the sever, and its not any type of cauldron or plugin because I'm not using any.
It would be something I would have to experience to be sure...have not seen that happen, though there are areas I have built-in protection to discourage breaking things.

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
I cannot do anything!
I launched the latest version, 2.4.0, and it says it could not find any mods or files for Thaumcraft:any.
Why am I having this error?
It says Thaumcraft is enabled when I look at Edit Mods.
Help!

It was doing this yesterday for me also.

I think the update isn't done yet, but the 2.4.0 is showing on the launcher.

Just use the 2.3.17 for now until further notice. 2.3.17 should work fine.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
2.4.0 has no server version as I mentioned in my update post, until it become recommended there will not be one, as for the errors with the client version, apparently something happened in the launcher update, reported and hopefully will be fixed today

NaZeP

Jul 29, 2019
2.4.0 has no server version as I mentioned in my update post, until it become recommended there will not be one, as for the errors with the client version, apparently something happened in the launcher update, reported and hopefully will be fixed today

currently i using 2.3.17 when i using 2.3.16 also same problem happening, the problem is mod rejection to infernal mobs.
i download server and client using launcher.
which one the problem, server file or client file?

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
As to breaking barrels and they become stuffed creepers: Props mod is pretty much just visual. With protected blocks, you can try to 'break them' and it resets the animation to the first entry in the file, the stuffed creeper that is sort of the logo. As soon as they log out and back, it will be a barrel again. They didn't do anything, just a visual glitch.