[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Well, it has been ready for them since tuesday, so I hope anytime now, though funny thing, I am planning a beta release of the new content tomorrow...so rapid fire updates...lol

Reactions: eDilettante

nuke21

Jul 29, 2019
I downloaded the server and client from FTB. I first start up the server and it says some stuff has changed and I have to accept it by typing /fml confirm. I do this and the server does some more stuff then it says it is ready. I boot up my game and load into the server and it tells me the InfernalMobs-1.7.10.jar is different on client and server so I stop server, copy client version over (so it will be easier when my friends join the server) and then the server works, I get it and everything is good. Until I try to do the questing. I can apparently activate the /hqm quest after I make myself OP but after I get a quest book I right click on it and nothing comes up. All the other books work fine when I right click on them, but the quest book nor the /hqm edit book does anything when I right click.

I even stopped the server and deleted the hqm config coldier then copied my client hqm config folder to the server and started the server again but same problem happens. I can't right click the quest book and open it up.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I downloaded the server and client from FTB. I first start up the server and it says some stuff has changed and I have to accept it by typing /fml confirm. I do this and the server does some more stuff then it says it is ready. I boot up my game and load into the server and it tells me the InfernalMobs-1.7.10.jar is different on client and server so I stop server, copy client version over (so it will be easier when my friends join the server) and then the server works, I get it and everything is good. Until I try to do the questing. I can apparently activate the /hqm quest after I make myself OP but after I get a quest book I right click on it and nothing comes up. All the other books work fine when I right click on them, but the quest book nor the /hqm edit book does anything when I right click.

I even stopped the server and deleted the hqm config coldier then copied my client hqm config folder to the server and started the server again but same problem happens. I can't right click the quest book and open it up.
seems like when i load the game the quest book is in edit mode
Please read back a few pages, both issues have been covered already, new update should be out today i hope to fix most of the issues.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
  • Special Update - v2.4.0
    • This is the first of the content update!
    • This is not set as recommended and WILL require a reset (new map) due to the large number of changes, so only people who are risk-takers or want to help bug test should play this version and there will be no server version until it is set to recommended.
    • New Mods Added
      • Aura Cascade
      • TC Node Tracker
      • ClothingCraft
      • Cosmetic Armor
      • TolkienTweaks (Mod made specifically for this pack, special features unique to minecraft (I hope))
    • Mods Updated
      • AsieLib
      • BDLib
      • Forge MultiPart
      • RedGear Core
      • Applied Energistics
      • Ars Magica
      • Botania
      • BuildCraft
      • Extra Cells
      • Logistic Pipes
      • Lord of the Rings
      • Project Red
      • RailCraft
      • Storage Drawers
      • Thaumic Energistics
      • Thaumic Exploration
      • Thaumic Tinker
      • Flaxbeard's Wonderous Steam Power
      • NEI Integration
      • Thaumic NEI
    • Config Tweaks
      • More work to try to fix the combustion issue
      • Couple more blood magic tweaks
      • Multiple other tweaks from user input
    • New towns in the downloadable map!
      • In the overworld
        • WyvernHaven - Small town, with some special features! There is a spleef arena and the ability to buy houses!
        • DragonBurg - Larger town and they are definitely a manufacturing city! Large outdoor market
      • In Middle-Earth
        • Hobbiton can now be visited!
        • While not a town, Mount Doom is now available!
  • This update is the first in a roadmap that will further set apart TolkienCraft as a unique modpack!
So some announcements:
  • There is now an official build team for this pack! No official team name yet, but I have partnered with lolnet and some of their best builders to help expand on middle-earth in a way I had never expected!
    • Roadmap
      • Currently this update is mostly the builds with a very small number of additional NPC quests, mostly to direct you and make transport easy, to the new towns in the overworld
      • More quest and a continuation of the main quest line to come as well as a more intuitive main quest line.
      • With the new build team, once the pack is in stable status we will begin to release content packs! These will be regions of middle earth with iconic buildings and their own self-contained quest lines!
  • As of this week I am officially an FTB team member as I was invited to, and joined The Phoenix Team, I assure you though, this will not affect tolkiencraft in any way, the means I now help with processing 3rd Party Mod Packs as well as help on development on new FTB official packs
  • I now have a patreon page if anyone feels the need, link is in the OP and I am working hard to monitor and interract with facebook and twitter and player.me!
I know this was a lot of info, been working hard the last couple of months to bring you this update and information! Hope you all enjoy and keep watching facebook and twitter for pics of upcoming updates!

Last edited:

arnHH

Jul 29, 2019
This is not set as recommended and WILL require a reset (new map) due to the large number of changes, so only people who are risk-takers or want to help bug test should play this version
I might not have a lot of time, but I will be crazy enough to download the new version as soon as it is available. Not that I am a great risk-taker, but I like to help with at least some bug testing.

So some announcements:
There is now an official build team for this pack! No official team name yet, but I have partnered with lolnet and some of their best builders to help expand on middle-earth in a way I had never expected!
That is great news! I look forward seeing their middle-earth buildings.

As of this week I am officially an FTB team member as I was invited to, and joined The Phoenix Team, I assure you though, this will not affect tolkiencraft in any way, the means I now help with processing 3rd Party Mod Packs as well as help on development on new FTB official packs
Congratulations for the new position! Enjoy the new possibilities and responsibilities … for 15 seconds … and now back to work. – Just kidding. ;-) Enjoy the weekend.

The_Horde5

Jul 29, 2019
GreatOrator do you know when it will be avaliable on FTB? I'm am downloading the the TolkienCraftII2.4.0-beta.zip map file right now but in the change log it says it won't work with any versions prior to 2.4.0, so I'm not sure if I'm missing something

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
GreatOrator do you know when it will be avaliable on FTB? I'm am downloading the the TolkienCraftII2.4.0-beta.zip map file right now but in the change log it says it won't work with any versions prior to 2.4.0, so I'm not sure if I'm missing something
When it shows up on the launcher. I have mentioned nearly every update that I submit, then we wait for watchful to push it through since it is now listed by default on the launcher.

The_Horde5

Jul 29, 2019
Another question, when I am on the home screen of Tolkien craft down in the bottom left hand corner it says v2.4.0 even though in the launcher the version is not available. Is this a bug or is it supposed to say that? And if it is right then can I install the new map?

Reactions: GreatOrator

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
  • Special Update - v2.4.0
    • This is the first of the content update!
    • This is not set as recommended and WILL require a reset (new map) due to the large number of changes, so only people who are risk-takers or want to help bug test should play this version
    • New Mods Added
      • Aura Cascade
      • TC Node Tracker
      • ClothingCraft
      • Cosmetic Armor
      • TolkienTweaks (Mod made specifically for this pack, special features unique to minecraft (I hope))
    • Mods Updated
      • AsieLib
      • BDLib
      • Forge MultiPart
      • RedGear Core
      • Applied Energistics
      • Ars Magica
      • Botania
      • BuildCraft
      • Extra Cells
      • Logistic Pipes
      • Lord of the Rings
      • Project Red
      • RailCraft
      • Storage Drawers
      • Thaumic Energistics
      • Thaumic Exploration
      • Thaumic Tinker
      • Flaxbeard's Wonderous Steam Power
      • NEI Integration
      • Thaumic NEI
    • Config Tweaks
      • More work to try to fix the combustion issue
      • Couple more blood magic tweaks
      • Multiple other tweaks from user input
    • New towns in the downloadable map!
      • In the overworld
        • WyvernHaven - Small town, with some special features! There is a spleef arena and the ability to buy houses!
        • DragonBurg - Larger town and they are definitely a manufacturing city! Large outdoor market
      • In Middle-Earth
        • Hobbiton can now be visited!
        • While not a town, Mount Doom is now available!
  • This update is the first in a roadmap that will further set apart TolkienCraft as a unique modpack!
So some announcements:
  • There is now an official build team for this pack! No official team name yet, but I have partnered with lolnet and some of their best builders to help expand on middle-earth in a way I had never expected!
    • Roadmap
      • Currently this update is mostly the builds with a very small number of additional NPC quests, mostly to direct you and make transport easy, to the new towns in the overworld
      • More quest and a continuation of the main quest line to come as well as a more intuitive main quest line.
      • With the new build team, once the pack is in stable status we will begin to release content packs! These will be regions of middle earth with iconic buildings and their own self-contained quest lines!
  • As of this week I am officially an FTB team member as I was invited to, and joined The Phoenix Team, I assure you though, this will not affect tolkiencraft in any way, the means I now help with processing 3rd Party Mod Packs as well as help on development on new FTB official packs
  • I now have a patreon page if anyone feels the need, link is in the OP and I am working hard to monitor and interract with facebook and twitter and player.me!
I know this was a lot of info, been working hard the last couple of months to bring you this update and information! Hope you all enjoy and keep watching facebook and twitter for pics of upcoming updates!

Wow, just wow! So much fantastic news I don't know where to start. Congrats indeed on now being an official FTB Team Member (and part of the Phoenix Team)! I hope people stop by your new Patreon page and share the love. ;) And a build team for TII?! Cool, cool, and cool. Did I say cool? :p

It looks like I might have to start a single player world verrry soon again for Tolkiencraft II just to look around! Hm, Sunday night looks it will work. *ponders* Yep, gonna do that on Sunday night if the update is out. :)

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
    • This is not set as recommended and WILL require a reset (new map) due to the large number of changes, so only people who are risk-takers or want to help bug test should play this version

Since I'm fairly much in the early game, I totally have no problem with starting over.
Little question to that: Will I still use the template-folder from the current version (so the one downloaded from the curse-website) or will there be a new download once the update is out?