[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know why but MC is always difficult to figure out, programming wise. I truly give kudos to mods and programmers.

Again it's extremely strange why the problem is fixed for me. I made a server yesterday, and friends couldn't break objects by the boat's at the start. Only I could. Today I delete the server and make a new one, and now my friends can break objects in the exact same area. MC you never fail to confuse me to death.

Ill also add that yesterday the quest book had a picture of a mushroom rather then the ring/other objects in the normal TolkienCraft II quest book.

Shonuff

Jul 29, 2019
UPDATE:
Removed InfernalMobs from server; replaced it by uploading the copy from the client.
No version mismatch and client is able to connect to server.

Love this modpack so far. Thanks for creating it!

------------------------- original message -------------
I am having the same issue as NaZep. The version of Infernal Mods, on the server, as well as my client files, both show as 1.7.10

Is this the correct version?
If so, we can try manually replacing a fresh copy from the creators website.

Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
UPDATE:
Removed InfernalMobs from server; replaced it by uploading the copy from the client.
No version mismatch and client is able to connect to server.

Love this modpack so far. Thanks for creating it!

------------------------- original message -------------
I am having the same issue as NaZep. The version of Infernal Mods, on the server, as well as my client files, both show as 1.7.10

Is this the correct version?
If so, we can try manually replacing a fresh copy from the creators website.
He hides the version number inside his mods, but server should match client, which is 1.6.0, so simple fixe would be to copy version from client to server to fix, though the server version I uploaded on my dev environment has the same, so not sure how a single mod was missed.

Teraphina

Jul 29, 2019
so yeh 2.4.0 isnt downloading correctly for some reason, the pack.json isnt downloading for 1 and a few other things

you dont happen to have a direct link you can put into the spreadsheet do you?

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
so yeh 2.4.0 isnt downloading correctly for some reason, the pack.json isnt downloading for 1 and a few other things

you dont happen to have a direct link you can put into the spreadsheet do you?
2.4.0 has no server version as I mentioned in my update post, until it become recommended there will not be one, as for the errors with the client version, apparently something happened in the launcher update, reported and hopefully will be fixed today

Goshen

Jul 29, 2019
I actually deleted my modpack folder, reinstalled, then did the same process and it worked. Thanks!

Its working fine but no one can break objects, or open doors :/ Well I can but they cant.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

In your server.properties change spawn-protection=0

Spawn protection isn't added to the config until after someone is opped, then it is added and confuses everyone because nobody can break but ops.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
GO, thank you for your patience with repeated questions hehe. I know it probably gets irritating to repeat yourself. Can't wait to see the new towns, with recommended release will our builds be ruined or will we follow the same process as before with the region files?
Unfortunately, with the major changes, even on recommended it will require a reset, the main reason it is not recommended is there will be a lot of changes for the next few updates so I only want serious testers to play because I want true bug reports.

Wylie

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm trying to update our 2.3.15 server to 2.3.17 but I keep getting a red X on the saved server entry in the client, and when I attempt to connect it gives me an FML mod errror.

I went so far as to completely replace the server to test, and the 2.3.17 server download's mod folder appears to be out of sync with the 2.3.17 client download's mod folder.

If I clear the client side's mod folder and replace it with the mod folder in the server download... I can log in, but a bunch of tools are missing. If I go the other way and delete the server's mod foldder, copying ovver the client's mod folder... then the server crashes on load.

Am I completely missing the boat here? Some obvious step I'm just overlooking over and over again? Is my server update process messed up?

Thanks,

- Wylie

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm trying to update our 2.3.15 server to 2.3.17 but I keep getting a red X on the saved server entry in the client, and when I attempt to connect it gives me an FML mod errror.

I went so far as to completely replace the server to test, and the 2.3.17 server download's mod folder appears to be out of sync with the 2.3.17 client download's mod folder.

If I clear the client side's mod folder and replace it with the mod folder in the server download... I can log in, but a bunch of tools are missing. If I go the other way and delete the server's mod foldder, copying ovver the client's mod folder... then the server crashes on load.

Am I completely missing the boat here? Some obvious step I'm just overlooking over and over again? Is my server update process messed up?

Thanks,

- Wylie
you might have missed something, but I will check on my end to see.

Teraphina

Jul 29, 2019
Hey @GreatOrator i some how placed the "Queens Ring" on the throne and like the bakers package it looses the turn in code when you pick it back up. since it is custom npc quest i dont know how to get the item back, is there a way to do it or am i just stuck and have to start over?

(am in ssp)

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Hey @GreatOrator i some how placed the "Queens Ring" on the throne and like the bakers package it looses the turn in code when you pick it back up. since it is custom npc quest i dont know how to get the item back, is there a way to do it or am i just stuck and have to start over?

(am in ssp)
You should be able to pick it back up and rename using an anvil

EDIT: So re-uploaded content update as 2.4.1 and seems to be working now, let me know guys!

Last edited:

Teraphina

Jul 29, 2019
ok so i been being carefull for 3 hours playing 2.4.1 and i noticed i was mining the block i was looking at as a bat, i fly to the cieling and holy wow im not taking damage, so happy about that.

on a side note i am using the beta or the map download and havent found the hobbit city, am i just looking in the wrong places?

so far so good

Reactions: GreatOrator

Shonuff

Jul 29, 2019
What are you using to control mob spawns? My server can't keep up and I need to tweak the mob spawning. Currently all players are still in Draconis area.

Reactions: GreatOrator

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
ok so i been being carefull for 3 hours playing 2.4.1 and i noticed i was mining the block i was looking at as a bat, i fly to the cieling and holy wow im not taking damage, so happy about that.

on a side note i am using the beta or the map download and havent found the hobbit city, am i just looking in the wrong places?

so far so good
If you are playing 2.4.1 you should be using the 2.4.0 beta map on curseforge
What are you using to control mob spawns? My server can't keep up and I need to tweak the mob spawning. Currently all players are still in Draconis area.
Nothing but vanilla mechanics for natural spawns

Teraphina

Jul 29, 2019
That feature has already been added in the latest snapshot aswell as much much more in the form of an in game gui that allows you to configure your tools and armor.

OMG that is absolutly amazing, op as hell but i love it

If you are playing 2.4.1 you should be using the 2.4.0 beta map on curseforge

ok the "or" in that should have been "of" stating " i am using the beta of the map download" hehe and i extracted it into the minecraft folder, draconis is the way it is suppossed to be and havent searched around looking for any other cities just went over to ME to look for some artifacts.