[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

LordPMac

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if this is a known bug, if you drop an item on the floor it will no longer stack, I would have to throw all the items of same type on the ground for them to stack again, It appears the item info is different now.

Today I tried to make a pick axe head in the smeltery and I could not pour into the Pick axe cast, I tried the ingot cast and it worked, so I wondered if I may have dropped the cast on the ground at some point, To test the theory I throw the ingot cast on the ground and tried pouring into it and it no longer works

any Idea what may be causing this?

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
Finding out I can ride a warg has me excited. Time to practice some spells, get a crossbow, tame a puppy, and go let loose a can of whupass on them Rohan sissie boys.
Sissie boys?! Rohan has the finest horses in all of Middle Earth. Their stats are quite good.
Riding a warg though... can't be beat. Spooked someone by having a warg under the house.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Heya.
I have a little problem with the quest-book/hqm quest:
I started a new world (due of mistake of not saving the world when I had to reinstall FTB-Launcher), so downloaded the template-stuff from the website as it stands in the FAQ. For some reason however my questbook is in constant "edit-mode". So I can edit the texts, delete quests etc.
I don't know how to disable the edit-mode and it seems, that whenever I log back in into the world it resets my quests back to the start... is there any way to fix that or did maybe something go wrong with my download from curse? (since the last time I downloaded it, it was working normal)

[edit]
Ah damn, looked through the last pages and didn't find something about this, now after writing this and looking again I found the solution *grumbles*
Sometimes I really wonder if I'm solution-blind.

----

Edit 2:
Is it meant to be, that fences and fence-gates not connect to each other anymore?

Last edited:

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Depends, if you use the ones from the same mod, they should, cross mod, not always, why I use carpenters barrier, can make any fence style/material

Ah sorry should have made it more clear when asking (so many mods add such things ^^)
I'm speaking about the vanilla-minecraft fences (wood and stone, tried both) and the vanilla-minecraft fence-gates. For some reason they seem to not connect. Still blocking everything what is bigger than a chicken, just looking weird.

Emyprial

Jul 29, 2019
Hello im really sorry for posting this, i realize there is a solution to the editmode issue with the HQM book and that i have to change the editmode.cfg file to false, but me being a complete noob at anything computer related... how exactly do i do that....?

btw love the mod it made me want to play minecraft just for this!

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
so wood fences not connecting to other wood fences or wood to stone? if wood to wood, that i'll look into, but wood to stone, they never have connected.
Hello im really sorry for posting this, i realize there is a solution to the editmode issue with the HQM book and that i have to change the editmode.cfg file to false, but me being a complete noob at anything computer related... how exactly do i do that....?

btw love the mod it made me want to play minecraft just for this!
In configs folder look for HQM and edit.cfg

Reactions: eDilettante

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
so wood fences not connecting to other wood fences or wood to stone? if wood to wood, that i'll look into, but wood to stone, they never have connected.

The fences with the fence-gates do not connect.

A screenshot about what I mean (and it only took me 3 postings to get the "maybe that would be better" thought :D)

GE9eoKE.png

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry to clarify i know where the file is but how do i change it to false?
You change true to false...

A screenshot about what I mean (and it only took me 3 postings to get the "maybe that would be better" thought :D)
Ahhh, I see now...hmmm, not seen that (though I tend to use carpenters almost exclusively so might be why) i'll take a look, but not sure what could cause it, are you using optifine?

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019

Ahhh, I see now...hmmm, not seen that (though I tend to use carpenters almost exclusively so might be why) i'll take a look, but not sure what could cause it, are you using optifine?

Nope, only using fastcraft for these "Performance"-mods.
Thought first it might be a mistake in the ressourcepack, but without any selected same issue. (not even sure if texture-packs "could" cause that, but wanted to be sure)

Sideshow

Jul 29, 2019

This caught me by surprise when I first started the pack as well but I noticed that the fence gate was actually from extra trees not vanilla minecraft. The recipes are exactly the same and the outcome favors the extra trees gate unless you use 2 different kinds of planks. If you use 2 oak, 2 spruce, etc. you wind up with the extra trees gate that won't connect. But make it with one oak and one spruce plank and you wind up with the vanilla minecraft gate and it connects just fine.

Eastern Mouse

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if this is a known bug, if you drop an item on the floor it will no longer stack, I would have to throw all the items of same type on the ground for them to stack again, It appears the item info is different now.
Yeah, have same problem too, coins after dropping are no more usable in shops... With blocks you can place/break them that seems help, but is there any way with coins or cast ?
Also, what about placing info about edit.cfg of HQM in first post? I had that problem too, at least found there solution without asking...

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
This caught me by surprise when I first started the pack as well but I noticed that the fence gate was actually from extra trees not vanilla minecraft. The recipes are exactly the same and the outcome favors the extra trees gate unless you use 2 different kinds of planks. If you use 2 oak, 2 spruce, etc. you wind up with the extra trees gate that won't connect. But make it with one oak and one spruce plank and you wind up with the vanilla minecraft gate and it connects just fine.
That would make sense then, and would go back to the modded fences, one good reason I have no more recipe conflicts, in a vanilla crafting table you will see an arrow that let's you cycle through available outputs for the recipe you have in the table.
Yeah, have same problem too, coins after dropping are no more usable in shops... With blocks you can place/break them that seems help, but is there any way with coins or cast ?
Also, what about placing info about edit.cfg of HQM in first post? I had that problem too, at least found there solution without asking...
If that's the case (for the coins) I can think of a fix for that, not sure about the casts though..will continue to look into it. For edit.cfg, as soon as the new update is available it will be a non-issue

teagan75

Jul 29, 2019
I am liking this modpack a lot! You have done a great job with the CustomNPC and HQM quests. I have a suggestion. In MMOs there is always an icon above the heads of quest givers to alert players. I know you can't do that, but maybe you could use the HQM quest book to alert us to the NPCs that have quests. Especially the ones that will unlock The Investigation and other story ones. I have done a lot of fetch quests, the bandits, monster culling, found the ancient but having issues progressing further. Side quests in my mind are optional but if they are needed, alerting me in the quest book would be helpful.

Also, when I spoke to the ancient, I completed the Find the Ancient quest but it also completed Visiting Strange Lands quest. I dont think that was intentional. After that quest, I am lost at what to do. Had to reload the region files so the commander would be there again but he gives nothing either. All this confusion would be solved by a few added quests in HQM.

Anywho, keep up the great work. I have a world using both the npc and hqm mods too and understand how difficult it can be :)

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I actually have been working on a small rework of the main quest chain that will always keep an active quest to help point you to the next spot. This way it should alleviate that confusion, I have been trying to use where plausible the HQM book as a sort of quest log though.

The_Horde5

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, im new to this forum and i need some help. I have been trying to install the new map for tolkiencraft II but im not really sure how to. I have extracted the files into my .minecraft folder in tolkiencraft II, but when i try to make a new world it takes me back to the home screen and doesn't allow me to create a new world. Can anyone help me?