[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Chunkloading in general can cause issues, not just specifically customNPC's, though there is a chunkloader at spawn (hidden) as well as the spawn chunks, so a majority of draconis is perma-loaded so there is something else at work with the npc's disappearing. Hopefully once the server gets to update this will be corrected with the newest version of customnpc's.

Derpfix Update 2.3.17
Only change was the configs over previous version

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
As a heads up, beta22 of the LotR mod adds roads as part of worldgen. You can update just that mod on your own and it will be fine. You might want to do that to see what happens to your Bree. as when the pack updates to that version it might screw up your build. ;(

Thanks for the heads up. The Bree I'm building on Goshens server will just have to survive the hit :) But I'm copying and modifying the build a bit on another and can use the Ruins mod there to make a copy of the work before we update, just in case. One advantage of the Bree on Goshens server is that it is in survival. Lots more time to build means it's loaded into my brain better, and i can recreate something in creative in about 1/100th of the time. No need to chop trees and fight ents I turn the Old Forest into a parking lot.

Goshen

Jul 29, 2019
Mik
One advantage of the Bree on Goshens server is that it is in survival. Lots more time to build means it's loaded into my brain better, and i can recreate something in creative in about 1/100th of the time. No need to chop trees and fight ents I turn the Old Forest into a parking lot.

There is a clientside mod called Schematica that will allow you to copy a schematic out of the world, which can then be placed in another world, in survival it provides a template and helps you build with items in your inventory, or you could use worldedit to place it in creative.

arnHH

Jul 29, 2019
So, with the loss of quest entries and finding them again, with new versions download and customNPC's switching, I am not sure if I did something wrong:

In chapter 7 "Quest Journal" of the hqm book I got the quests "Horizons Expanded" and "Trade Routes Explored". I completed both of them, traveling to the specified coordinates. Both locations showed wilderness, no houses or ruins.

The text with the second quest says "Each town has a speciality? I wonder what they have that DFraconis doesn't." Does this mean there should be townships at these locations? Did I do something wrong?

Polar5

Jul 29, 2019
I just downloaded this awesome modpack today and the HQM isn't enabled and I have to open to LAN to turn cheats on even though this shouldn't happen. And I think because "it's in a LAN world" the quests I've completed don't save. Please help? I can't find another post with this problem.

Reactions: GreatOrator

arnHH

Jul 29, 2019
I just downloaded this awesome modpack today and the HQM isn't enabled and I have to open to LAN to turn cheats on even though this shouldn't happen. And I think because "it's in a LAN world" the quests I've completed don't save. Please help? I can't find another post with this problem.

The HQM was left in edit mode when the updated modpack was pushed to the download area. GreatOrator mentioned this in a previous post:

dang it! forgot to edit the configs...son of a biscuit...le sigh...For servers, just change the HQM edit config to false, and for clients, the same....

When you read the last few pages in this forum you will see that GreatOrator tried to fix several problems in the last few days. There are also posts talking about the quests-not-saved problem.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
So, with the loss of quest entries and finding them again, with new versions download and customNPC's switching, I am not sure if I did something wrong:

In chapter 7 "Quest Journal" of the hqm book I got the quests "Horizons Expanded" and "Trade Routes Explored". I completed both of them, traveling to the specified coordinates. Both locations showed wilderness, no houses or ruins.

The text with the second quest says "Each town has a speciality? I wonder what they have that DFraconis doesn't." Does this mean there should be townships at these locations? Did I do something wrong?
Ahaha, well cat out of the bag! That is part of the quest chain that guides you to the new towns that will be included in the upcoming update...SURPRISE!...but seriously, yeah, they will make more sense soon and i am planning(TM) to post the first beta release of the new content this friday.

arnHH

Jul 29, 2019
Ahaha, well cat out of the bag! That is part of the quest chain that guides you to the new towns that will be included in the upcoming update...SURPRISE!...but seriously, yeah, they will make more sense soon and i am planning(TM) to post the first beta release of the new content this friday.

I kind of thought so. You already mentioned you are working on the next big version. But seriously, take your time. Do not rush it! I have enough other open quests I can focus on before I go back to the two new towns.

Really, so far you did an awesome job creating this great modpack. Not only putting different mods together, but building a great looking town, creating an interesting story, designing exiting quests, building a new dimension, and … and … and. This pack keeps me playing, in a great mix between survival and adventure.
I cannot even imagine how many hours you already spent building this modpack, and then the time you invested reading and answering all the question in the forum, searching for bugs and buildig bugfixes.

You are doing a great job and you really deserve to be the king in Draconis!

Spraun

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, Go, its Spraun. I have no idea why the server is not letting me on. I crash every time I try to log in. I have deleted and downloaded the following. Fastcraft. the FTB launcher, The modpack, Java, map. yesterday I deleted one at a time and redownloaded it. I would try to log in each time. Morvash was here and on the laptop and he got in just fine. each time I would try to log in, he would see my char in game, but then I crash to desktop. so, today, I realized that I did not go to %appdata% and delete anything there related to Tolkien and FTB. did that today. deleted everything else. redownloaded everything and I still crash to desktop. I get as far as seeing the server, seeing who is on, have a green check mark and so forth for the server so I am authorized on the server. but for the life of me, I cannot see what I am doing wrong.
when I downloaded the map, I made sure I downloaded the same version we were using on the server. on Java, I tried to find a download for jre 7u71 but only found jre 7u75 so that is what I downloaded. I put the java argument in Java from the options tab on FTB launcher. (yes, I am trying to remember and tell you everything I have done)... Yes, I am making sure I am using the correct version of TCII. .14 for the server. the place the launcher is telling me to download is not %appdata% but c/username/downloads. not sure if that matters or not.

leading up to this issue, I was playing on Sunday when the server went down. everytime I tried to log in after that, it showed the four players that were on at the crash as still logged in. this went on the rest of the afternoon. when I tried to log in on Monday, the crashes started happening.

I just tried to do a spoiler on the crash log but it was too long. how can I put it here since it goes over the 30K limit?

edited to add
when I tried to log in on the laptop as me, it crashed to desktop just like the desktop pc does.

edited to add
I cannot even make a single world on TCII will try to log into one of the other modpacks

edited to add
Okay, I downloaded ME4, was able to get in a single world there. the screen was all purple and I could not read single, multiplayer, or any of the other tabs but clicking them worked and I got in game.

Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I kind of thought so. You already mentioned you are working on the next big version. But seriously, take your time. Do not rush it! I have enough other open quests I can focus on before I go back to the two new towns.

Really, so far you did an awesome job creating this great modpack. Not only putting different mods together, but building a great looking town, creating an interesting story, designing exiting quests, building a new dimension, and … and … and. This pack keeps me playing, in a great mix between survival and adventure.
I cannot even imagine how many hours you already spent building this modpack, and then the time you invested reading and answering all the question in the forum, searching for bugs and buildig bugfixes.

You are doing a great job and you really deserve to be the king in Draconis!

Well, for those interested, I started the pack and building quite literally a year ago in january. I do this out of love for the idea and because it is extremely fun for me, and more recently because of the sheer amount of fun it has been seeing how many people have fallen in love for the pack, I never expected it to get this big and for so many to enjoy it. Heck I can remember when I saw I had 300 downloads and thought that was huge! As of today, over 60k players have downloaded the pack and every day is awesome to me!
Hey, Go, its Spraun. I have no idea why the server is not letting me on. I crash every time I try to log in. I have deleted and downloaded the following. Fastcraft. the FTB launcher, The modpack, Java, map. yesterday I deleted one at a time and redownloaded it. I would try to log in each time. Morvash was here and on the laptop and he got in just fine. each time I would try to log in, he would see my char in game, but then I crash to desktop. so, today, I realized that I did not go to %appdata% and delete anything there related to Tolkien and FTB. did that today. deleted everything else. redownloaded everything and I still crash to desktop. I get as far as seeing the server, seeing who is on, have a green check mark and so forth for the server so I am authorized on the server. but for the life of me, I cannot see what I am doing wrong.
when I downloaded the map, I made sure I downloaded the same version we were using on the server. on Java, I tried to find a download for jre 7u71 but only found jre 7u75 so that is what I downloaded. I put the java argument in Java from the options tab on FTB launcher. (yes, I am trying to remember and tell you everything I have done)... Yes, I am making sure I am using the correct version of TCII. .14 for the server. the place the launcher is telling me to download is not %appdata% but c/username/downloads. not sure if that matters or not.

leading up to this issue, I was playing on Sunday when the server went down. everytime I tried to log in after that, it showed the four players that were on at the crash as still logged in. this went on the rest of the afternoon. when I tried to log in on Monday, the crashes started happening.

I just tried to do a spoiler on the crash log but it was too long. how can I put it here since it goes over the 30K limit?

edited to add
when I tried to log in on the laptop as me, it crashed to desktop just like the desktop pc does.

edited to add
I cannot even make a single world on TCII will try to log into one of the other modpacks

edited to add
Okay, I downloaded ME4, was able to get in a single world there. the screen was all purple and I could not read single, multiplayer, or any of the other tabs but clicking them worked and I got in game.

Alright, the only other option we can try is to delete your player.dat on the server...if you have hard to find stuff it can be replaced, but if it works, at least you can log back in.

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019

edited to add

edited to add

edited to add

Simply based on the fact that you crash on the laptop as well as the pc, and that Morvash was able to log in fine from the laptop, is making me suspect that the problem is not on your end, but the server's. I'm going to tag @TheRangerX here so he can check in on this issue as well. My suspicion is that @GreatOrator is going to suggest that we next try deleting your player.dat file. (ETA: Yep, I was right, he did. :p)

Hm, just out of curiousity, where were you when the server had the original issue on Sunday? Can Morvash visit the same location without issues? (Trying to eliminate the possibility that its an environment thing).

You can use pastebin.com to post long files and then insert the URL into a post.

Good luck!
-- Val

Reactions: eDilettante

Spraun

Jul 29, 2019
http://pastebin.com/jdLykiLe

hope that worked on the pastebin.com thing :)

I did start a convo with TheRangerX so hopefully between this and that, he will be notified.

Val, in answer to your question, I was at my base, and yes Morvash was looking at my char when I would try to log in, he could see me for a few seconds before I logged out so he was in the same area. he even put a block of dirt where I was standing thinking okay, it would move me but it just put my char in the block :) we really did try everything we could think of. Thanks for all the help I really appreciate it. I feel so bereft not being able to get my TCII fix :)

trying to log in now will let you know

Spraun

Jul 29, 2019
hey all, especially GO, Val and Kerrnal. Sunday, I got a reward bag that had ender stuff in it.. when I looked in the ender bag sometime later, I saw stuff in it. (white white white). thought okay, that is weird, is this Morvash's?? anyway. when he got online, I tossed him the bag and asked if it was his. I had already checked with the players online and they said not theirs. Morvash said no, not his. one thing led to another and we crashed and I could not get online till now. anyway, Morvash is online and decides to hit one of the charms, ( three in ender bag, one to my place, two to places we did not know) one takes him to an established base, don't know who, but assume it is Kerrnal's. the other he decides to fly to and ....nothing. he scratches his head (yes I am sure he did that LOL ) and decides to dig down to exact coords. down about 20 blocks. and he finds the thieves den. chest full of town stuff, our stuff and Kerrnals stuff. so he gets some bags and put everything into it. goes back to town and starts replacing stuff that was missing.. librarians desk, and so forth. he is still in the process of replacing the deco stuff on the doc. in mage tower and so forth, wants to look at his single world to make sure he gets it put back correctly. Just wanted to let you know we got everything back that was stolen and to let Kerrnal know I have his stuff too. we will get all of the deco put back that we can. GO I know the culprits have been banned but if you want to know where they base was, let us know.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
oh ya, my quest book shows all my quests that I had completed as complete so all I have to do is restock my char. good to go, have everything I need ....hmm except my infinite on my bow...sad face :( but will work to get that back soon too
That's an easy one using my osmotic enchanter at my base, yeah I had the theives den marked as well, funny how they weren't smart enough to mark ender stuff properly. Thank you for redoing the docks and all the other stuff, was intending on it this friday.

Glad we got you back in for your fix! :)

Spraun

Jul 29, 2019
osmotic enchanter, never heard of it, will have to look that up :) I'm good GO have my wyvern suit charging as we speak, will look up osmotic enchanter and see that it :) and will recolor some bags so I ccan access my ender chests looks like only thing that I lost was contents of my char but all replaceable... just happy I can play again.. didn't realize I was just a geek until I could not get my fix :)
Edit
such a geek :)

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
As a heads up, beta22 of the LotR mod adds roads as part of worldgen. You can update just that mod on your own and it will be fine. You might want to do that to see what happens to your Bree. as when the pack updates to that version it might screw up your build. ;(

Things will be interesting. Based on what i saw, and a guess as to how terrain layes, the road may actually go straight through the front gates that i made, and the other road cross behind them. Which if it works out that way, makes me very glad i didn't build the Prancing Pony yet, as the crossroad would be in the commons room :)