[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

Danteleet

Jul 29, 2019
Hi !

I've been trying to play this modpack since yesterday, and while it seems to run quite well overall, I'm having trouble with GUI lag, like some others have experienced.

What this means is : Whenever i try to open my inventory, a chest, a furnace.. anything with a GUI, I have a spike that lasts anywhere from .5 to 3 seconds, and makes me stutter afterwards. Also, if i press ESC to bring up the options menu, i get extremely laggy, but if I get into a submenu such as the video or keybind settings, it's completely smooth again.

When not in a GUI, everything is alright, I get a constant 60FPS in the starting town.

I am currently using Fastcraft, and some JVM arguments that I found while mining this thread, but to no avail. I am not using Optifine due to missing textures, but even with it activated I still get the same issues.
Nothing in the video settings changes the GUI spikes.
Hiding NEI doesn't help either.

My specs are :
Windows 8 pro 64 bits
i7 4790K (4GHz)
Nvidia GTX 770
8GB ram
Running the game on an SSD drive

FTBLauncher : http://i.imgur.com/F1JBMSz.png
Advanced : http://i.imgur.com/tWYgI8M.png
Using Java 8 Update 31 64bits

I tried downloading other modpacks (namely, direwolf20 1.7.10, Material Energy 1.7.10, The Dark Trilogy 1.7.10, Agrarian Skies) and was not able to replicate the issue with these.

Any suggestions are welcome. I am currently in the process of installing ubuntu to see if it's anything with win8, but this will take a while with my slow internet.

Edit : To prove that I actually tried, i also replicated the steps described in this post :

I only ever play on weekends :3 but if the server is full i'm fine with that c:

Also thought I'd post my specs here for reference. I'm using an asus gaming labtop.

Intel Core i7-3610QM @ 2.3GHZ
Nvidia GeForce GTX 670M (3GB)
8GB Ram
64 bit install of windows 7

FTB Config
c252d80877.png

I'm using FastCraft, and these java arguments both in environment variables and in the FTB Launcher
-Dforge.forceNoStencil=true -XX:+UseLargePages -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods -XX:+OptimizeStringConcat -XX:+UseBiasedLocking -Xincgc -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=10 -XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=10000 -XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled -XX:parallelGCThreads=10 -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true"

in game settings
cb313256dd.png

I run the game, singleplayer pretty well on these settings.

I average ~160 fps

Proof
64e24512ed.png

With little to no perceptible lag when I interact with things. Although, the maps do lag me for half a second.

I also changed my viewdist to 8 and maxed my settings. There was a ~10fps (average) drop but that's it.

more proof
a2be530ae9.png

Hopefully this helps people. Tbh, I think a lot of the problem may be in not running a 64bit system. Something about wordsize. I also recall 32 bit systems having a 4 gig max on usable memory (even if you have 4+ gigs of ram the OS and CPU can't handle it), although i'm not sure about this.

To no avail. My specs are obviously way higher, and I'm getting 80-100 fps in town with it (without VSYNC, which i prefer ON anyways, but that's not the subject) but Ginko talks about "little to no perceptible interaction lag", while mine is definitely perceptible and prevents me from wanting to play further.

Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Zomg more towns :O. Any % on completion?

And will they include HQM quests or just customNPC quests?
Both! :)

Hi !

I've been trying to play this modpack since yesterday, and while it seems to run quite well overall, I'm having trouble with GUI lag, like some others have experienced.

I have been trying to replicate, but have yet to see this in my test world. Considering what supposedly is causing the lag the only mod I can think of that might be the cause would bee the inventory tweaks mod since it directly affects the inventory or NEI

Danteleet

Jul 29, 2019
I have been trying to replicate, but have yet to see this in my test world. Considering what supposedly is causing the lag the only mod I can think of that might be the cause would bee the inventory tweaks mod since it directly affects the inventory or NEI

Is there anything i can do to help you identify the source of this lag and help you replicate it ?

Danteleet

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, well I did just that, removing any mod that seemed UI related.

Turns out, the LaunchGUI mod was causing the lag. I have removed only this one and now everything is silky smooth.

Now is it a required mod that i can make work some other way, or can I live without it ?

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
LaunchGUI is a mod that you can live without...it is the one that sends the one-time announcement and checks for new versions. I use it as another step to make sure I don't get some of the more common questions. I will have to report to the mod dev on that. Thank you for your help!

EDIT: Reported to the mod dev, let's see what he says.

Wiremash

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, well I did just that, removing any mod that seemed UI related.

Turns out, the LaunchGUI mod was causing the lag. I have removed only this one and now everything is silky smooth.

Now is it a required mod that i can make work some other way, or can I live without it ?
Finally a solution to my pain :D

For some reason my framerate has just killed itself though

Last edited:

spar1819

Jul 29, 2019
Everytime I try to launch the modpack i get this.

Exception in thread "main" [05:10:29] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: scala/collection/Seq
[05:10:29] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
[05:10:29] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
[05:10:29] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager.loadCoreMod(CoreModManager.java:417)
[05:10:29] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager.discoverCoreMods(CoreModManager.java:346)
[05:10:29] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager.handleLaunch(CoreModManager.java:214)
[05:10:29] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler.setupHome(FMLLaunchHandler.java:90)
[05:10:29] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler.setupClient(FMLLaunchHandler.java:67)
[05:10:29] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler.configureForClientLaunch(FMLLaunchHandler.java:34)
[05:10:29] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker.injectIntoClassLoader(FMLTweaker.java:126)
[05:10:29] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:115)
[05:10:29] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
[05:10:29] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: scala.collection.Seq
[05:10:29] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:191)
[05:10:29] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
[05:10:29] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
[05:10:29] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: ... 11 more
[05:10:29] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
[05:10:29] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:182)
[05:10:29] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: ... 13 more
please help.

Reactions: GreatOrator

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Everytime I try to launch the modpack i get this.

Exception in thread "main" [05:10:29] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: scala/collection/Seq
[05:10:29] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
[05:10:29] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
[05:10:29] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager.loadCoreMod(CoreModManager.java:417)
[05:10:29] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager.discoverCoreMods(CoreModManager.java:346)
[05:10:29] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager.handleLaunch(CoreModManager.java:214)
[05:10:29] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler.setupHome(FMLLaunchHandler.java:90)
[05:10:29] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler.setupClient(FMLLaunchHandler.java:67)
[05:10:29] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler.configureForClientLaunch(FMLLaunchHandler.java:34)
[05:10:29] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker.injectIntoClassLoader(FMLTweaker.java:126)
[05:10:29] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:115)
[05:10:29] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
[05:10:29] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: scala.collection.Seq
[05:10:29] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:191)
[05:10:29] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: ... 11 more
[05:10:29] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
[05:10:29] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:182)
[05:10:29] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: ... 13 more
please help.
Try re loading the pack...that looks like a forge mismatch possibly (though full crash log would be more helpful, and in a spoiler)

Reactions: eDilettante

Sidreal

Jul 29, 2019
Hi GreatOrator, I'd never heard of this pack till I saw it in FTB. Absolutely loving it, killed the troll, got some generators as a reward, and I got teleported by the ancient to somewhere I can build a base and I ran into my first real problem. I was roaming around looking for a good spot to set up shop and my world stopped loading in. I ended up having to kill minecraft as the in game effect looked like when a chunk doesn't load in right so I was planning to log out and log in to fix it but it wouldn't shut the server down either. Long story short I stripped out the soartex texture pack to make sure it wasn't that and just used vanilla textures and same thing happens whenever I approach whatever chunk is causing the problem . I investigated the console and found the following line repeated (no lie) hundreds of times.

[Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [atomicstryker.ruins.common.RuinTemplateRule:doSpecialBlock:566]: Ruins Mod could not determine what to spawn for [minecraft:preserveBlock] in Ruin template: Tree_Chandelier_Sky_1v7v10.tml

Any ideas of what I can do other than remove the fun of the Ruins mod? Thanks in advance your majesty.

Edit: to clarify when I say the world stopped loading in I mean MC stopped generating all chunks once it hit the offending chunk.

Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Hi GreatOrator, I'd never heard of this pack till I saw it in FTB. Absolutely loving it, killed the troll, got some generators as a reward, and I got teleported by the ancient to somewhere I can build a base and I ran into my first real problem. I was roaming around looking for a good spot to set up shop and my world stopped loading in. I ended up having to kill minecraft as the in game effect looked like when a chunk doesn't load in right so I was planning to log out and log in to fix it but it wouldn't shut the server down either. Long story short I stripped out the soartex texture pack to make sure it wasn't that and just used vanilla textures and same thing happens whenever I approach whatever chunk is causing the problem . I investigated the console and found the following line repeated (no lie) hundreds of times.

[Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [atomicstryker.ruins.common.RuinTemplateRule:doSpecialBlock:566]: Ruins Mod could not determine what to spawn for [minecraft:preserveBlock] in Ruin template: Tree_Chandelier_Sky_1v7v10.tml

Any ideas of what I can do other than remove the fun of the Ruins mod? Thanks in advance your majesty.
well, temporarily you can disable the ruins mod since it does not actually add any blocks so the chunks will load, then re-enable. I may just remove that template from ruins if I get any more reports since this is the first. Glad you are enjoying the pack!

birdiegirl4444

Jul 29, 2019
Hi all, In the Flaxbeard's Steam Power quests, the items needed for the first quest require a crucible and mold to make the brass. the second quest is for a crucible and a mold. the reward for the second quest is the molds that are required for the parts for the first quest. is this intended? it seems that these are in the wrong order. you make the molds for the 1st quest, and then you get the molds again. now you have two of the same thing. Thanks