[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
the heck? i click create new world and nothing happens, it just goes straight back to the main menu.

Did you download the map file and extract it to the modpack folder?

I'm having the same problem as Auroraz.

modpack folder, eh? On the curseforge download page it says to put the template folder into the saves folder. it's in a user comment at the bottom of that page. I guess that's the mistake we both made (edit: nope, that was correct advice).

the fact that the zip file unpacks to "template" is confusing. let me try again...

Okay, I got it figured out. Keep the template folder intact, drop it into the "saves" folder (under FTB/TolkienCraftII/minecraft/saves), then fire up FTB, click single player and the "Draconia" world will now be available.

I never made the connection that what are commonly called "maps" are actually what I call "world files". Pretty cool!

Last edited:

unseennote

Jul 29, 2019
Asb3pe, put the template folder in the root of the minecraft folder, same folder that has mods, resourcepacks, config folders, etc.

On another note, I'm also happy to say I got it working, after removing 6 or 7 mods (Utility Mods). The world is beautiful, but it's sad that I'm not getting over 15 fps, so I think I'll wait until I get my new PC to play it on before playing it through, so I can get the full experience. :3 Thank you GreatOrator for the wonderful pack/map, keep up the good work.

Flexion

Jul 29, 2019
And while im here: In my first 2 worlds the quest system under L worked perfectly from the start, but with my current(main) world it never triggered. Not at the fountain, not at the gate, nowhere.. Can I force the quest system to trigger? The quest book worked fine and ive been in middle earth since i opened the gate..

Reactions: GreatOrator

Orma

Jul 29, 2019
I found the apiaries behind the castle but there is no beekeeper. Do i need to update for this?

The beekeeper only come's out during the daytime, he hides somewhere inside the castle during night i think. He might be stuck if you cant find him during the day.

lbjodom

Jul 29, 2019
The beekeeper only come's out during the daytime, he hides somewhere inside the castle during night i think. He might be stuck if you cant find him during the day.
accually he has a house in the civilian common area if you look in them one of them has a few beekeeper related items

Flexion

Jul 29, 2019
accually he has a house in the civilian common area if you look in them one of them has a few beekeeper related items
I found the house but he isnt there at night or in the day
Would it be better to replace the world with the template? All my stuff is in middle earth, so that shouldnt be effected?

Flexion

Jul 29, 2019
I found the house but he isnt there at night or in the day
Would it be better to replace the world with the template? All my stuff is in middle earth, so that shouldnt be effected?

So that worked perfectly: Just replaced all the world files within the city (+npc data) and basicly solved everything, my quarry that was far outside the city was still there.

Flexion

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Orator, sorry that im complaining so much last 2 days, but I have another problem with forestry.
It seems NEI is not finding (rather important) recipes. For example, I dont have a recipe for the centrifuge, carpenter, apiary and so on. And untill this point I didnt mind looking on the wiki.
But now it seems even the "what can i make with this" feature on things like honey combs is missing, which really makes forestry way harder to play with. Can you look into this?

Also the world gen makes regular bee spawns very very rare, so I changed the bop config so that there are more regular vanilla biomes. I highly recommend this if people want to find anything else then unusual and mysterious hives.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Orator, sorry that im complaining so much last 2 days, but I have another problem with forestry.
It seems NEI is not finding (rather important) recipes. For example, I dont have a recipe for the centrifuge, carpenter, apiary and so on. And untill this point I didnt mind looking on the wiki.
But now it seems even the "what can i make with this" feature on things like honey combs is missing, which really makes forestry way harder to play with. Can you look into this?

Also the world gen makes regular bee spawns very very rare, so I changed the bop config so that there are more regular vanilla biomes. I highly recommend this if people want to find anything else then unusual and mysterious hives.
I can't replicate those NEI issues either, so may just be something with your instance I am afraid. As for the combs, I can look into it, but that is also why I have the beeker there. You can get most of the general bees from him after a short series of quests. I assume it is working since no complaints or reports yet.

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

Flexion

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, I did add a few mods upon the default pack that maybe cause this. I mainly added Ender IO, Factorization, Minefactory Reloaded, Steves Carts and Steve Factory Manager. Can I post my log for you to check out where to incompatibility is?

DiRaven

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, I did add a few mods upon the default pack that maybe cause this. I mainly added Ender IO, Factorization, Minefactory Reloaded, Steves Carts and Steve Factory Manager. Can I post my log for you to check out where to incompatibility is?
Well if modpack developer will start checking every other mod (that are nod in the modpack already) for compatibility issues for everyone who adds his own mods - we will never see the update.

Try removing mods you added one by one and see if it helps.

Orma

Jul 29, 2019

My guess is that becouse you added mods you broke the balance of the pack, and now everything is backfireing.

Why do you need all those tech mods?
EnderIO i understand for the cables, and factory manager for ease of automation. But the rest of them are not really needed. Not to mention factorization is never used anymore since JABBA barrels came xD.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately not, any mods above what is included are on the player who adds them to figure out what is wrong.