[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

birdiegirl4444

Jul 29, 2019
Project: Rescue! Village Deployment (Ranger's Tolkiencraft II Server)

Time: 8PM MST Sunday Jan 18
Place: Castle Val - let me know if you need a charm to get here
Skills Required: Able to place blocks while hopping upwards. Able to survive a fall of 21 blocks (angel rings can be provided for those without a means of flying other than bat form).
Payment: The undying gratitude of the villagers, and your name on a fabulous memorial structure once the town gets it built. Lastly, Val will owe you one. ;)

Anyone who would like to help setting up the spatial pylon enclosure, I'd greatly appreciate the aid. Lots of pylons to place. :)

Warning: You may find yourself on Youtube in a cameo role in my planned special recap video for the project as well as the highlight.

Thank ya!
-- Val

Val, would love to help you and to be a part of this, but this newb does not know what to do to get on this server. I will continue to look for this answer but in the meantime, maybe you or someone can post how to be a part of this server. I am aware that I need to be white listed ( have read that in this forum) but not sure where to go to get on that list. and have no idea if I get on the list if I would be white listed before Sunday. also, not exactly sure when 8PM MST is compared to my Central standard time, but will look that up too :) just in case. Anyway, if I can get all this together before Sunday, I would, and will be, available to help or to take part in the festivities since my work gave me an unexpected day off Monday, I can stay up late on Sunday. Hope to see you in game! ... Birdiegirl......looks like MST is one hour behind CST so it would be 9pm my time...one thing learned :) one to go.....ok went to the following youtube video of Vals and got the info to ask TheRangerX for a whitelist. will wait and see and if I cannot participate, I will certainly watch your video on it :)
Tolkiencraft II: Labors Of Valentine Tour - Castle Val :: 03Dec14

Last edited:

Wiremash

Jul 29, 2019
sometimes it will take a day or two for the update to get pushed to the launcher GreatOrator post when he has submitted it to the FTB team and then the FTB team has to push it to the launcher servers which sometimes may take minutes sometime days depending on what the FTB team is doing.

Oh, thank you. I assume nobody else has the newest version either right? :p

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
Val, would love to help you and to be a part of this, but this newb does not know what to do to get on this server. I will continue to look for this answer but in the meantime, maybe you or someone can post how to be a part of this server. I am aware that I need to be white listed ( have read that in this forum) but not sure where to go to get on that list. and have no idea if I get on the list if I would be white listed before Sunday. also, not exactly sure when 8PM MST is compared to my Central standard time, but will look that up too :) just in case. Anyway, if I can get all this together before Sunday, I would, and will be, available to help or to take part in the festivities since my work gave me an unexpected day off Monday, I can stay up late on Sunday. Hope to see you in game! ... Birdiegirl......looks like MST is one hour behind CST so it would be 9pm my time...one thing learned :) one to go

The answer to how to apply to get on the server is in the FAQ, @birdiegirl4444 . :) I do know there is a waiting list, but with the new server, only @TheRangerX knows. ;) http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/49849/page-103#post-870608

Excerpt from FAQ:
Q: Can I join your server?

A: Good question, and that depends. @@TheRangerX has graciously donated his time, energy and resources to make the official server possible. It is whitelisted, and if there are slots available he will add you...in the order you applied and you apply by PMing him on the FTB forums. I will say that there have been a few (though rare) occasions where I will add someone to the whitelist despite how many we currently have, but this is extremely rare and usually it is for someone I personally know.

birdiegirl4444

Jul 29, 2019
The answer to how to apply to get on the server is in the FAQ, @birdiegirl4444 . :) I do know there is a waiting list, but with the new server, only @TheRangerX knows. ;) http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/49849/page-103#post-870608

Excerpt from FAQ:

ok went to the following youtube video of Vals and got the info to ask TheRangerX for a whitelist. will wait and see and if I cannot participate, I will certainly watch your video on it :)
Tolkiencraft II: Labors Of Valentine Tour - Castle Val :: 03Dec14

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Entirely up to you, but if you were playing a hardcore pack would you disable hardcore mode?

I know, it's a rhetorical question but: Depends on the pack. The onces that gives you some sort of extra-lives I like to play. The ones which are meant to make you die (sooner at beginning, later when you know what to do) I don't play. Infernal Mobs is for me one of the "This pack wants to see you die"-mods, so I prefer playing without it ^^

Besides that: A really nice city you build. So much to explore! :)

[edit]
i do actually disable the hardcore modes in hardcore packs but thats just me, i dont like dieing and loosing my world lol but i like infernal mobs

Well I'm usually super-unlucky with infernal mobs. Like the "Vengeance, Webber" monsters with 300 HP... you cannot really fight them and you cannot escape. Unless you have some sort of great armor/-weapon. And I'm a really really slow player when it comes to having such things. After a while dying all the time gets frustrating ^^

Last edited:

Dungeonmaster

Jul 29, 2019
@GreatOrator,
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I talked to the King and it started the CustomNPC quests which lead to me exterminating the Troll. Val's video also had a nice "you should know this" piece of info - complete the HQM quests before the CustomNPC tie-ins!
Don't know if this is a bug or not. I went around and started picking up quests and one of Jax's is for potions. The quest text only says "Potion 1, Potion 2, Potion 3" so can these be ANY potions or are they specific like the earlier sword, potion and book turn-ins? I don't have enough silver to buy ALL of the Apothecary's potions LOL!

Wiremash

Jul 29, 2019
I can't find Tyltran for the "Toll in 'da hood" mission
He's in the first dungeon, near the city, it's a grey circle on the minimap behind the bandit cave. Go through the dungeon until you reach the last nether floor, he should be in one of the intersections. I don't have pictures as I am still downloading the new version at the moment, sorry.

EDEET:
DwQlWdt.png

The coordinates in the picture are X:-259 z: 1187 y: 10 if you can't see them on my minimap
Had to kill him because he started whacking me, this is a not a very dignified picture of Tyltran.

KeKbDgN.jpg

This is approximately where Tyltran is from the surface, I dug all the way up, the hole below my cursor is the middle of Tyltran's room, you can see part of the dungeon entrance beside it. Look at the minimap in the picture to see where the dungeon is.

Last edited:

Wiremash

Jul 29, 2019
I have some issues as well :D

4xWLq7J.png
Every time I update, my wife suddenly forgets how I look like. Any way of fixing this? I'm trying to populate my "Villager holding pen" There's also a teeny tiny issue of the greedy trait showing as (trait.greedy not found)

G3mUUUq.png
This is what happens when I drink a standard mana potion bundle. The bundle was fresh, 3 uses remaining, I drank it once and it transformed into a lesser mana potion bundle, giving me a combustion effect and mana regen, which blew me up afterwards. However, now I seem to have an infinite lesser mana potion that gives me combustion every time I drink it.

uctsFBI.jpg
Remember when I mentioned about projectile + dig + piercing + piercing + piercing? I accidentally set the hedges on fire while fighting that guy that I forgot the name to but is in the picture, there's a hole there because the anti-builder below was spamming the purple particles like mad due to the bushes being on fire or something and causing massive frame and server lag. Just warning for those who accidentally set the bushes without a projectile + dig + piercing + piercing + piercing spell. :)

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
This is what happens when I drink a standard mana potion bundle. The bundle was fresh, 3 uses remaining, I drank it once and it transformed into a lesser mana potion bundle, giving me a combustion effect and mana regen, which blew me up afterwards. However, now I seem to have an infinite lesser mana potion that gives me combustion every time I drink it.
That looks like a PotionID conflict. Rather easy to fix :)

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
That looks like a PotionID conflict. Rather easy to fix :)
Hmm, i'll continue to look into this, the config changes should have worked, but will see if there is something else I can do. Guess potion and enchant ID's are the new item id's, lol
Hi All,
Its Morebits(MCMoorebits),
I'm wondering GreatOratror do you know where i can get the complete download for texture pack :)

Tom
Link to the texture pack in the OP.

Dungeonmaster

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the suggestion @NJM1564 but unless I'm not seeing something (and haven't been) there's no other info on what potions......

Attachments

• Potions.jpg
    Potions.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 42