[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I tried switching the files(if iI even did it correctly) like you suggested but Reder is still in the hedge mage taking a nap, I"m guessing I should wait for the next update also.
So, you replaced the region files from your save with the ones from the template? that should have overwritten everything and revived him.

Reactions: eDilettante

wrongcoder

Jul 29, 2019
For Jax Quest III on the official server, Ahab wasn't letting me in through the door so I broke in to his office through the deck. He's not talking to me about the quest. I didn't have this problem in single player. Is there some block protection enabled? I had no problem advancing HQM quests or NPC quests today until this point so it's not a questing problem in general. After disconnecting and reconnecting, Ahab got my quest moving again. Still no idea about the door not letting me through, though.

Speaking of the official server, if you're going to steal from the town, I wish you'd at least patch up the building afterwards! There's a hole in the mage's tower where the blood altar used to be. Looks hideous. :(

Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I found you can use ars magica Projectile + dig + piercing + piercing + piercing to remove the anti-builder blocks if you're desperate/in creative trying to build. Is there any other way to remove the anti-builders?
well, if you can get to them you can pick them like any other block, but aside from the towers generated by unique artifacts, why would you want to break them?

Putzaroo

Jul 29, 2019
For Jax Quest III on the official server, Ahab wasn't letting me in through the door so I broke in to his office through the deck. He's not talking to me about the quest. I didn't have this problem in single player. Is there some block protection enabled? I had no problem advancing HQM quests or NPC quests today until this point so it's not a questing problem in general. After disconnecting and reconnecting, Ahab got my quest moving again. Still no idea about the door not letting me through, though.

Speaking of the official server, if you're going to steal from the town, I wish you'd at least patch up the building afterwards! There's a hole in the mage's tower where the blood altar used to be. Looks hideous. :(

Are we going to have to start securing our homes now as well... :/

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
Are we going to have to start securing our homes now as well... :/

Yeah, that was my first thought, too. :( Someone isn't being a good citizen on the server...

And on that note, to all new server people and particularly the person who looted the blood altar from the mage tower - please don't loot the town at the event location. I've got plans for it, thank you kindly.

Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019

I will make this my official statement on the matter. Any player on the official server found looting the main town or any other players town or any obviously designated location (such as area we plan to host event at) will be kicked from the server with no chance of returning.
Mystery Event (Ranger's Tolkiencraft II Server) Try #2

Time: 8PM MST Friday Jan 16
Place: Go to the Draconic Temple and take the event charm to the location

Make sure you are well armed, armored, and prepared. ;)
Hopefully this time goes better...lol

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I will make this my official statement on the matter. Any player on the official server found looting the main town or any other players town or any obviously designated location (such as area we plan to host event at) will be kicked from the server with no chance of returning.

Hopefully this time goes better...lol

Great O did you hear that HQM updated with that fix for quests requiring reputations to complete?

Wiremash

Jul 29, 2019
well, if you can get to them you can pick them like any other block, but aside from the towers generated by unique artifacts, why would you want to break them?
Places like the ring portal being too high off the floor got me quite frustrated at the start when there was an anti-builder I couldn't get to

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

Noobworld

Jul 29, 2019
For some reason, the Hardcore Questing Mod doesnt work. It says I havnt picked a reward when I have. Also, with the built in questing system, can I track where I need to go?

Dungeonmaster

Jul 29, 2019
Hello GreatOrator,
Let me start by congratulating and thanking you for TolkienCraft. Your care and dedication truly shows, well done!

I have three basic bugs/problems and did not see anything in the FAQ; perhaps you can shed some light......

1) The Bandits near town keep respawning - is that intentional? I've killed them all several times over so I guess I can just ignore them as my quest did advance.

2) When I start up the game it tells me that HQM is not enabled and I don't have permission to enable. I basically have to visit that NPC on the docks to enable HQM.

3) The Troll Chieftan won't attack me and I cannot seem to harm him. I've tried uber-weapons, suffocating him in gravel and surrounding him with lava but no dice. He does fight Skeletons if they accidentally shoot him and when they hit him he does take damage (and then quickly regenerates) but for whatever reason he won't attack me. I sometimes see the "Critical Hit" message when swinging at him but health bar does not change and he does not aggro on me.

Any suggestions would be appreciated and thanks again for your creation!

Reactions: GreatOrator

Putzaroo

Jul 29, 2019
Hello GreatOrator,
Let me start by congratulating and thanking you for TolkienCraft. Your care and dedication truly shows, well done!

I have three basic bugs/problems and did not see anything in the FAQ; perhaps you can shed some light......

1) The Bandits near town keep respawning - is that intentional? I've killed them all several times over so I guess I can just ignore them as my quest did advance.

2) When I start up the game it tells me that HQM is not enabled and I don't have permission to enable. I basically have to visit that NPC on the docks to enable HQM.

3) The Troll Chieftan won't attack me and I cannot seem to harm him. I've tried uber-weapons, suffocating him in gravel and surrounding him with lava but no dice. He does fight Skeletons if they accidentally shoot him and when they hit him he does take damage (and then quickly regenerates) but for whatever reason he won't attack me. I sometimes see the "Critical Hit" message when swinging at him but health bar does not change and he does not aggro on me.

Any suggestions would be appreciated and thanks again for your creation!

1. The bandits will continue to spawn, usually after an hour.
2. I dunno
3. You can not interact with the troll until such time as you have been given the quest to go kill him. He will most definitily aggro at that point.

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
Project: Rescue! (Ranger's Tolkiencraft II Server)

Time: 2PM MST Thursday Jan 15
Place: Go to the Draconia Temple and take the event charm to the location
Danger: Minimal. Unlike Friday. Friday it will be much, much higher. This is why I'm doing this on Thursday.
Skills Required: Able to place blocks while hopping upwards. Able to survive a fall of 21 blocks (angel rings can be provided for those without a means of flying other than bat form). Bathes at least once a week.
Payment: The undying gratitude of the villagers, and your name on a fabulous memorial structure once the town finds a new home. Lastly, Val will owe you one. ;)

Anyone who would like to help setting up the spatial pylon enclosure, I'd greatly appreciate the aid. I can safely say I have a metric crap ton of pylons to place. :p

Warning: You may find yourself on Youtube in a cameo role in my planned special recap video for the project.

Thank ya!
-- Val