[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

eDilettante

Jul 29, 2019
Project: Rescue! (Ranger's Tolkiencraft II Server)

Time: 2PM MST Thursday Jan 15
Place: Go to the Draconia Temple and take the event charm to the location
Danger: Minimal. Unlike Friday. Friday it will be much, much higher. This is why I'm doing this on Thursday.
Skills Required: Able to place blocks while hopping upwards. Able to survive a fall of 21 blocks (angel rings can be provided for those without a means of flying other than bat form). Bathes at least once a week.
Payment: The undying gratitude of the villagers, and your name on a fabulous memorial structure once the town finds a new home. Lastly, Val will owe you one. ;)

Anyone who would like to help setting up the spatial pylon enclosure, I'd greatly appreciate the aid. I can safely say I have a metric crap ton of pylons to place. :p

Warning: You may find yourself on Youtube in a cameo role in my planned special recap video for the project.

Thank ya!
-- Val
I may be able to help out for an hour or so, if I have my timezones right that should be about 8am Friday for me. Hopefully cya there :)

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Hello GreatOrator,
Let me start by congratulating and thanking you for TolkienCraft. Your care and dedication truly shows, well done!

I have three basic bugs/problems and did not see anything in the FAQ; perhaps you can shed some light......

1) The Bandits near town keep respawning - is that intentional? I've killed them all several times over so I guess I can just ignore them as my quest did advance.

2) When I start up the game it tells me that HQM is not enabled and I don't have permission to enable. I basically have to visit that NPC on the docks to enable HQM.

3) The Troll Chieftan won't attack me and I cannot seem to harm him. I've tried uber-weapons, suffocating him in gravel and surrounding him with lava but no dice. He does fight Skeletons if they accidentally shoot him and when they hit him he does take damage (and then quickly regenerates) but for whatever reason he won't attack me. I sometimes see the "Critical Hit" message when swinging at him but health bar does not change and he does not aggro on me.

Any suggestions would be appreciated and thanks again for your creation!
1. Intentional, all NPC's will respawn when killed
2. Yeah, bug with HQM, however the NPC was put there since cheats are turned off so players could still activate.
3. Will be allowed to kill once you have the appropriate quest.

@Vals NoisyToys wish I didn't have to work, so guess highlight viewing is for me!
I need help when ever i quit tolkiencraft and try to start it up later it crashes on the start up. here is a link to the crash log http://pastebin.com/hCNuF6UT Every time it happens i have to delete my instance and install a new one for it to work
I'll try to replicate, but the error looks like it may be PC related

Last edited:

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
@Vals NoisyToys wish I didn't have to work, so guess highlight viewing is for me!

Alas! Well hopefully the video will be entertaining.

I may be able to help out for an hour or so, if I have my timezones right that should be about 8am Friday for me. Hopefully cya there :)

Cool! Hope you can make it, eD. :)

Have fun everyone! I'll try to catch a glimpse of the stream from the office.

Hehe, hopefully you won't get in trouble for that! :p

Reactions: GreatOrator

Dungeonmaster

Jul 29, 2019
@GreatOrator and @Putzaroo , thanks for the input!

I have completed the first set of quests to 100% in the HQM book and the King assigned the quest to kill the Troll Chieftan (and bring back his mace) BUT "Big T" still won't agro me. Don't know if this means anything but in the HQM quest book it says "visited" in green letters underneath the mace.

Maybe he's bugged since I actually saw him before getting the quest and then he started fighting a skeleton who missed me and hit him? Could it be a faction issue or "the enemy of my enemy" type of thing? Thanks again!

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
@GreatOrator and @Putzaroo , thanks for the input!

I have completed the first set of quests to 100% in the HQM book and the King assigned the quest to kill the Troll Chieftan (and bring back his mace) BUT "Big T" still won't agro me. Don't know if this means anything but in the HQM quest book it says "visited" in green letters underneath the mace.

Maybe he's bugged since I actually saw him before getting the quest and then he started fighting a skeleton who missed me and hit him? Could it be a faction issue or "the enemy of my enemy" type of thing? Thanks again!
Are you completing the CustomNPC quests at the same time? The main NPC questline takes you to the commander (and the king actually tells you to visit him as there is something to do with the troll)

Wiremash

Jul 29, 2019
I found a weird rainbow tinker item named "broadsword", I think I found the bane of pigs in a bugged form? *i heard rumors bane of pigs spawn in dungeons*
It may not be a bane of pigs but it definitely is a broken item. It's by default named broadsword and shows rainbow texture due to it being invalid. It's a bug with tinker tools being generated (I don't know what causes it exactly).

It's absolutely useless, you can throw it away or decorate your house with random squares if you wish.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
  • Update - v2.3.14
    • New Mods Added
      • ClothingCraft
      • TolkienTweaks (No use - for now- but made for future content)
    • Configs Changed
      • Blood Magic (To account for recent major changes in demon invasion system)
      • BrewCraft (fix mentioned in topic to hopefully fix potion effect issues related to Ars Magica)
    • Mods Updated (This is a BIG List)
      • iChun Utilities
      • BiblioCraft
      • Binnie's Mod
      • Botania
      • ChocoCraft
      • ExtraCells
      • Gendustry
      • Gravestone
      • Refined Relocation
      • Ruins
      • ThaumCraft
      • Tinker's Construct
      • Traveller's Gear
      • Witchery
      • Custom Main Menu
      • HardCore Questing Mode
      • NEI
      • NEI Integration
      • TCon Tweaks
      • TiC Tooltips
      • Waila
      • Wawla
      • Forge (version 1286)
  • Remember, as of this version the map is no longer included and must be downloaded from curseforge (New button in main menu as well)

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
Project: Rescue! Village Deployment (Ranger's Tolkiencraft II Server)

Time: 8PM MST Sunday Jan 18
Place: Castle Val - let me know if you need a charm to get here
Skills Required: Able to place blocks while hopping upwards. Able to survive a fall of 21 blocks (angel rings can be provided for those without a means of flying other than bat form).
Payment: The undying gratitude of the villagers, and your name on a fabulous memorial structure once the town gets it built. Lastly, Val will owe you one. ;)

Anyone who would like to help setting up the spatial pylon enclosure, I'd greatly appreciate the aid. Lots of pylons to place. :)

Warning: You may find yourself on Youtube in a cameo role in my planned special recap video for the project as well as the highlight.

Thank ya!
-- Val

Shadow250000

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if this has been mentioned before but I'm having a problem with alignment and achievments resetting for all players after a server crash, which happens somewhat frequently.

Reactions: GreatOrator

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Project: Rescue! Village Deployment (Ranger's Tolkiencraft II Server)

Time: 8PM MST Sunday Jan 18
Place: Castle Val - let me know if you need a charm to get here
Skills Required: Able to place blocks while hopping upwards. Able to survive a fall of 21 blocks (angel rings can be provided for those without a means of flying other than bat form).
Payment: The undying gratitude of the villagers, and your name on a fabulous memorial structure once the town gets it built. Lastly, Val will owe you one. ;)

Anyone who would like to help setting up the spatial pylon enclosure, I'd greatly appreciate the aid. Lots of pylons to place. :)

Warning: You may find yourself on Youtube in a cameo role in my planned special recap video for the project as well as the highlight.

Thank ya!
-- Val
8pm? I'll be there!
Not sure if this has been mentioned before but I'm having a problem with alignment and achievments resetting for all players after a server crash, which happens somewhat frequently.
Nope first report, new update should be out later today, when it is, try then and see what happens.

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

Wiremash

Jul 29, 2019
That's odd, my ftb launcher still says 2.3.13, I've already refreshed it multiple times.
uYEtcPM.png

lbjodom

Jul 29, 2019
That's odd, my ftb launcher still says 2.3.13, I've already refreshed it multiple times.
uYEtcPM.png
sometimes it will take a day or two for the update to get pushed to the launcher GreatOrator post when he has submitted it to the FTB team and then the FTB team has to push it to the launcher servers which sometimes may take minutes sometime days depending on what the FTB team is doing.