[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

Wiremash

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to "reduce" the morphs? I've killed a lot of orcs in middle earth and every single one of them has a different morph, now I have a whole page clogged with gundabad morphs (starstrikes and invasions don't go well)
Yeah, you have to be careful around the npcs, most of them will attack back and I specifically made it so they would hurt...a lot...
I spent the first few days farming my tinker sword's xp by trapping lathwania in a hole and whacking her till I was a master

Reactions: eDilettante

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, I actually finally found the solution - and meant to post this earlier...
- Legolas' dialogue 'Middle Earth 1' is set to trigger 'Middle Earth 1' rather than 'Middle Earth 2' dialogue - changing it to trigger 'Middle Earth 2' allows you to continue the conversation with Legolas and also to get the first 'Middle Earth' quest which is itself triggered by the 'Middle Earth 2' dialogue.
Now that everyone is finally doing this part of the quest line I can se esome bugs, I will take a looks and see what I need to do to fix it.
Is there any way to "reduce" the morphs? I've killed a lot of orcs in middle earth and every single one of them has a different morph, now I have a whole page clogged with gundabad morphs (starstrikes and invasions don't go well)

I spent the first few days farming my tinker sword's xp by trapping lathwania in a hole and whacking her till I was a master
As for the morphs...not much I can do because it is the way morph handles modded mobs...He has it where I either blacklist them altogether, or they clog up the morph list. All I can suggest is become familiar with the favorites menu instead for morph.

Looks like I need to bump up the queens strength and regen

Wiremash

Jul 29, 2019
Odd, on my private server, which was working perfectly, suddenly stopped working today
fSj0aAP.png

I don't recall any update, I checked the files and they were different very slightly, do I have to update every single one of them manually or will there be an update coming soon?

Reactions: GreatOrator

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Odd, on my private server, which was working perfectly, suddenly stopped working today
I don't recall any update, I checked the files and they were different very slightly, do I have to update every single one of them manually or will there be an update coming soon?
There has been an update out for 2.3.13 for over a week now, including the server package.

Reactions: eDilettante

Wiremash

Jul 29, 2019
There has been an update out for 2.3.13 for over a week now, including the server package.
The server and client are 2.3.13, however the client seems to have downgraded itself today for some reason..

The client is the one with outdated files, it's as if it downgraded by itself

Minor downgrades like 1.0.7b to 1.0.7c

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
The server and client are 2.3.13, however the client seems to have downgraded itself today for some reason..

The client is the one with outdated files, it's as if it downgraded by itself

Minor downgrades like 1.0.7b to 1.0.7c
All I can suggest is to double check the client version the ftb launcher has installed.

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

Tim Lane

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, I actually finally found the solution - and meant to post this earlier...
- Legolas' dialogue 'Middle Earth 1' is set to trigger 'Middle Earth 1' rather than 'Middle Earth 2' dialogue - changing it to trigger 'Middle Earth 2' allows you to continue the conversation with Legolas and also to get the first 'Middle Earth' quest which is itself triggered by the 'Middle Earth 2' dialogue.
Sorry to keep bothering you about this, but how exactly do I change it to trigger Middle Earth 2, and can I if I already tried to talk to legolas?

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019

This is already set. So you will have to wait for a morph update.

gameplay {
# Enable mod mob NBT Stripping?
# This support is mostly provided by the community and is not officially supported by the mod
# The stripper was added to remove non-essential information from the Entity NBT to remove duplicate morphs.
#
# Min: 0
# Max: 1
I:NBTStripper=1

Filing a but report might also be a good idea.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
This is already set. So you will have to wait for a morph update.

gameplay {
# Enable mod mob NBT Stripping?
# This support is mostly provided by the community and is not officially supported by the mod
# The stripper was added to remove non-essential information from the Entity NBT to remove duplicate morphs.
#
# Min: 0
# Max: 1
I:NBTStripper=1

Filing a but report might also be a good idea.
Yup did that when I first noticed it happening several months ago.

MCMetalProgrammer

Jul 29, 2019
Hi GreatOrator, I was in @Vals NoisyToys the other day when you were on (MCMoorebits)!
Anyway, since I noticed there wernt any gather golems at the farm, i thought it would be okay to
spawn one in with a gather core. If you consider that breaking the pack, ill just have to do it via the Thaumcraft route!
I thought it odd that were things lying around.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Hi GreatOrator, I was in @Vals NoisyToys the other day when you were on (MCMoorebits)!
Anyway, since I noticed there wernt any gather golems at the farm, i thought it would be okay to
spawn one in with a gather core. If you consider that breaking the pack, ill just have to do it via the Thaumcraft route!
I thought it odd that were things lying around.
lol, naw, I noticed at some point they must have gone on strike and the mages in the tower have been slow to replace them for the poor farmer. I'll make a note to put them back...well, either strike or the chickens conspired to take them out....

kittana

Jul 29, 2019
Hikarr got annoyed at the Combustion effect triggering
from the AM2 stuff and looked up what was causing it.

Apparently config\redgear\brewcraft.cfg has this:
# Disable if another installed mod does this.
B:"Toggle Potion List Extension"=true

but the same extension is made by AM2 - and hardcoded there,
so the Brewcraft config will need to be changed.

The actual ids earlier in the file might need some tweaking.
Hikarr had to sleep and was unable to test that now.

(He doesn't have an FTB account so used me as messenger)

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Hikarr got annoyed at the Combustion effect triggering
from the AM2 stuff and looked up what was causing it.

Apparently config\redgear\brewcraft.cfg has this:
# Disable if another installed mod does this.
B:"Toggle Potion List Extension"=true

but the same extension is made by AM2 - and hardcoded there,
so the Brewcraft config will need to be changed.

The actual ids earlier in the file might need some tweaking.
Hikarr had to sleep and was unable to test that now.

(He doesn't have an FTB account so used me as messenger)
Thank you for that info! See, knew there was a reason I kept you two around...lol

I had looked at those configs last night and was considering testing, but you beat me to it.

EDIT: So looked at those configs...so far so good. As for all of you reporting issues with legolas' quest...please make sure you have updated your customnpc folder in your save with the one in the template. I had thought (and just confirmed) the quest works perfectly in my test world and in a fresh world for 2.3.13...I know for a fact that I have mentioned on more than one update cycle to update the customnpc folder....

Last edited:

eDilettante

Jul 29, 2019
As for all of you reporting issues with legolas' quest...please make sure you have updated your customnpc folder in your save with the one in the template. I had thought (and just confirmed) the quest works perfectly in my test world and in a fresh world for 2.3.13...I know for a fact that I have mentioned on more than one update cycle to update the customnpc folder....
Another fresh install of 2.3.13, having zipped and moved the entire TCII folder in my FTB directory.

Went to Middle Earth, into creative with the NPC wand, edit Legolas, Global, Dialogs, Magician's Council/Dialogs, Middle Earth I, Dialog Options - target still equals Middle Earth I dialog as below (availability after Magician's Council I quest, before Middle Earth I quest)
Legolas1.jpg

Middle Earth II dialog targets Middle Earth III (also noticed a typo in Middle Earth II - 'retunr'), and Middle Earth III closes dialog.

Not 100% sure I'm reading it correctly, I haven't played inside the CustomNPC mod before, but definitely still getting looping when talking to Legolas and the above would seem to indicate a possible reason - changing it to target Middle Earth II dialog certainly resolves the issue for me and allows the conversation to continue and the quest to be given.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Another fresh install of 2.3.13, having zipped and moved the entire TCII folder in my FTB directory.

Went to Middle Earth, into creative with the NPC wand, edit Legolas, Global, Dialogs, Magician's Council/Dialogs, Middle Earth I, Dialog Options - target still equals Middle Earth I dialog as below (availability after Magician's Council I quest, before Middle Earth I quest)
View attachment 14131

Middle Earth II dialog targets Middle Earth III (also noticed a typo in Middle Earth II - 'retunr'), and Middle Earth III closes dialog.

Not 100% sure I'm reading it correctly, I haven't played inside the CustomNPC mod before, but definitely still getting looping when talking to Legolas and the above would seem to indicate a possible reason - changing it to target Middle Earth II dialog certainly resolves the issue for me and allows the conversation to continue and the quest to be given.
I will double check then...seemed to work in testing....