[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

tigerstar186

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having a rather strange problem. After talking to the blacksmith and buying the enchanted wooden sword (during the town tour), the blacksmith ran off. I figured he was just off to do something he was programmed to so I ignored it and moved on to the next objective. Since then I've never seen him again... I've finished all the main quests and he's just... gone. It's kind of problematic because I need him for some quests, is there a way to bring him back?

Also there is a door across from the throne room in the castle with a draconis lock on it but I never got a key for it. I broke in out of curiousity but it was just a white-and-pink webby bedroom. Is there a point to it?

P.S. Might want to make it a bit more clear that when you take and use the ancient's key you're going to be sent thousands of blocks away, one-way. I wasn't really ready for that >.<

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Using the osmotic enchanter on my draconic sword causes an instant crash. Just reporting
I will look into this (and so will @Brandon3055 ) but first report we've received. I have actually used it on several different pieces of draconic and wyvern items as has several other server members with no crash) A crash log would definitely be helpful here.
I'm having a rather strange problem. After talking to the blacksmith and buying the enchanted wooden sword (during the town tour), the blacksmith ran off. I figured he was just off to do something he was programmed to so I ignored it and moved on to the next objective. Since then I've never seen him again... I've finished all the main quests and he's just... gone. It's kind of problematic because I need him for some quests, is there a way to bring him back?

Also there is a door across from the throne room in the castle with a draconis lock on it but I never got a key for it. I broke in out of curiousity but it was just a white-and-pink webby bedroom. Is there a point to it?

P.S. Might want to make it a bit more clear that when you take and use the ancient's key you're going to be sent thousands of blocks away, one-way. I wasn't really ready for that >.<
The blacksmith seems to get derpy sometimes, I have not been able to figure out why as everytime I check his path is correct. Easy fix is to just copy over the region files from the template folder over your existing save to restore him.

The door is an iron door with a block next to it with a keyhole, generally means a key is needed, you just have to get to that point in the quest line is all.

If you read the ancients text, he does state that he is sending you far away to start your own adventures and to speak to him when you are ready to leave. This is also why he gives you a dislocator to come back to draconis. So not sure how much more clear I can make it.

Rellicus

Jul 29, 2019
Crash Report:

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Quite honestly, I wouldn't worry myself about that.

Time: 1/4/15 5:12 PM
Description: Ticking block entity

java.lang.NullPointerException: Ticking block entity
at thaumcraft.common.items.wands.ItemWandCasting.consumeAllVis(ItemWandCasting.java:322)
at thaumcraft.common.items.wands.ItemWandCasting.consumeAllVisCrafting(ItemWandCasting.java:305)
at thaumic.tinkerer.common.block.tile.TileEnchanter.func_145845_h(TileEnchanter.java:159)
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72939_s(World.java:1939)
at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72939_s(WorldServer.java:489)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:636)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:111)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Crash Report:

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Quite honestly, I wouldn't worry myself about that.

Time: 1/4/15 5:12 PM
Description: Ticking block entity

java.lang.NullPointerException: Ticking block entity
at thaumcraft.common.items.wands.ItemWandCasting.consumeAllVis(ItemWandCasting.java:322)
at thaumcraft.common.items.wands.ItemWandCasting.consumeAllVisCrafting(ItemWandCasting.java:305)
at thaumic.tinkerer.common.block.tile.TileEnchanter.func_145845_h(TileEnchanter.java:159)
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72939_s(World.java:1939)
at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72939_s(WorldServer.java:489)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:636)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:111)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)
That actually is not an issue with draconic evolution, it has something to do with thaumcraft and thaumic tinker. With recent updates, I would say wait until after 2.3.13 comes out and test again because it may have been a mismatch between versions of thaumcraft and thaumic tinker

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Want to expand on the Map download situation.

So it has been awhile since any significant content has been added, partially because I wanted to take a break (coming up with the quests and implementing them with NPC's is a lot of work) and partially because I saw the size of the modpack getting so much bigger (the map portion of the pack is almost 100Megs all on it's own).

However, I want to add more to the world, both in the overworld and in middle-earth but want to make updates to the pack as effortless as possible for you guys and have had a hard time figuring out to do that.

The other day someone told me I could host my map on curse and that was the solution!

So basically launcher wise, it will be simple for you guys, just pull the update and keep playing. When a major content release happens, you will need to download the map from curse (I will be placing a button on the main menu to help make this easy) and just copy it into your existing save.

The Upside: More content and an even more MMO/RPG feel to the pack than currently, with transport hubs and the like, more quests and more adventure. I also plan to add in (per a request by @slowpoke ) the ability to "buy" houses to live in around the towns.

The downside: Because of my current plans, the overworld will end up with a larger pregenned area than it currently has, though I plan to move north of the current area. For middle-earth, I currently only plan to build within the currently already generated area supplied with the pack (will basically be the same size region-wise as the current overworld).

Most of this content will not be made available until after the 1st of February to coincide with an update to the LotR mod as his update will implement pregenned roads and two new silver coins in denominations of 10 and 100 which will make some of the ideas I have even easier.

tigerstar186

Jul 29, 2019
I can't get Mage Council IV's turn-in to trigger. It says "Magician IV: Not Found" while previously when searching for the mage tower it called it the Council Room. I looked at the text but it just made it sound like the council room was where I'm meant to go. Am I missing something?

I skimmed the thread for this and only found one other person mentioning the same problem and he said he fixed it by "resetting the location block" but I don't know what that means or how to do it.

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I can't get Mage Council IV's turn-in to trigger. It says "Magician IV: Not Found" while previously when searching for the mage tower it called it the Council Room. I looked at the text but it just made it sound like the council room was where I'm meant to go. Am I missing something?

I skimmed the thread for this and only found one other person mentioning the same problem and he said he fixed it by "resetting the location block" but I don't know what that means or how to do it.
That reminds me...but yes, there is a location block just below the hole into the council room, you just change it to be the same same as what is in the quest.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
it is part of the main quest...yes. But you will need the quest that makes him talk to you (pretty sure I made sure to set that up) and then he sends you to go on another quest.

If you haven't for awhile, copy the NPC folder from the template to your save as it has some NPC fixes.

eDilettante

Jul 29, 2019
it is part of the main quest...yes. But you will need the quest that makes him talk to you (pretty sure I made sure to set that up) and then he sends you to go on another quest.

If you haven't for awhile, copy the NPC folder from the template to your save as it has some NPC fixes.

I'll give this a go as well when I get home, I had the same issue with Legolas just mumbling away in elfish when I got to Middle Earth... maybe because I hadn't completed the Mage IV quest (I'd forgotten about the fix of renaming the location block) that chain of quests wasn't fully recognised yet to allow me to talk to him?

Prometheius

Jul 29, 2019
Might I suggest that if Biomes O' Plenty (and any other mod that affects biome placement/generation) doesn't look like it will change anytime soon that the map be edited so that there aren't any chunk cliffs.

The map would need to be generated with the current seed without the template folder, then the two maps would be stitched together so that adjacent biomes would be as similar in type as possible, and finally they would be smoothed out to remove the chunk cliffs.

This way the map could be explored and there wouldn't be any chunk cliffs since the outer most chunks would be from the current map generation mods & settings.

tldr;
Enlarge and shrink the current map where needed, add an additional 1+ chunks to all outer edges using current mods/settings, smooth the chunk boundaries.

Wiremash

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, the ancient gave me a key and I used it without thinking, it instantly teleported me to a different location and then I used a charm of dislocation to bring myself back. Then I realised the key was used up, I can't get there again even after talking to the ancient he won't give me another key. Is that place important or anything or can I just forget it?

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, the ancient gave me a key and I used it without thinking, it instantly teleported me to a different location and then I used a charm of dislocation to bring myself back. Then I realised the key was used up, I can't get there again even after talking to the ancient he won't give me another key. Is that place important or anything or can I just forget it?
Get a key from the inn, same item should work.

eDilettante

Jul 29, 2019

You can get spare dislocation orbs from Brandon in the mage tower (he gives one out almost every day) - just shift/right-click to bind it to your current location wherever you want to teleport back to (and try to keep track of which one goes where - also keep an eye on how many uses they have left, don't want to run out). Later in the game you'll get an enhanced version that lets you set multiple locations, powered by ender pearls and refillable...

The location you were sent to was a random location a few thousand blocks from Draconis, you'll get sent to a different location next time you use a key (or you could just walk/fly). The location itself isn't important, it's just somewhere safe to build your base that's far enough away from the city that you won't get overwritten by any future map updates...

Oh, and infused armor is an Ars Magica thing, so you won't get any of that until you've progressed far enough in Ars Magica.