[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Your not actually considering that as a viable solution are you? As far as i know that would allow anyone to make custom npc's that can do just about anything including giving you items.
Not necessarily...but verifying it at least lets me know what causes it. And honestly even if they create npc's they still would have to be in creative to get the items to have the npc's give you so it really wouldn't cause that much more damage than people stealing stuff placed as decoration.

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

Brandon3055

Jul 29, 2019
And honestly even if they create npc's they still would have to be in creative to get the items to have the npc's give you so it really wouldn't cause that much more damage than people stealing stuff placed as decoration.
Im not exactly sure how it works but i assume you only need one to set the trade? So once the player has one of something they could get as much of that item as they want. You wouldn't consider infinite diamonds, nether stars, Awakened draconium etc to be worse than stealing what is at spawn?

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I hate to be a pest, but I've finished the #1 quest line "Welcome to Tolkiencraft" and I see #3, #4, #7, and #8; but not #2, #5, or #6. What am I supposed to do to get those to show?
the hqm quest line is to guide you. there are more bosses to fight to get more of the hqm book unlocked.
Im not exactly sure how it works but i assume you only need one to set the trade? So once the player has one of something they could get as much of that item as they want. You wouldn't consider infinite diamonds, nether stars, Awakened draconium etc to be worse than stealing what is at spawn?
You mean kinda like we have on the server with our AE(nice to have mined so much we have want for nothing)? It would honestly be easier to use LAN mode to cheat if that was the case it would be no different over-all than them taking all the stuff around draconis really. Honesty is honesty

birdiegirl4444

Jul 29, 2019
okay, I am not sure what I am doing wrong here. I have played the NPC quests up to getting the note from Lathwania, the dead lady in the cemetery. this is the second go around for this quest, started a new world since the note left my bag when I did the HQM part of this quest. So, I have the note in my bag. I spoke to the priest to start it, then went to the cemetery to talk to the dead queen. had to talk to her twice to get the note and the key. she says to go to her room in the castle.... I do, and I cannot find anything there. I look at all of the book cases and only see books and quills. The king still tells me to talk to his commander and the priest does not give me anything new to say. I have the key, but nothing tells me where or who to talk to to find reder's staff or the other item. What am I missing, who do I need to talk to, what do I need to do to get this quest to go forward.????

Last edited:

eDilettante

Jul 29, 2019
okay, I am not sure what I am doing wrong here. I have played the NPC quests up to getting the note from Lathwania, .... had to talk to her twice to get the note and the key. she says to go to her room in the castle.... I do, and I cannot find anything there. ... What am I missing, who do I need to talk to, what do I need to do to get this quest to go forward.????

From memory this is actually a location quest in the HQM quest book, rather than an item quest - you just have to visit the bookcases in the corner of her room and the quest book should show you have 'visited' the location and you can complete it and move on to the next quest. The reward for this quest is actually the book you are looking for, so be sure to read it before turning in the next quest..

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Brandon3055 that is wronge there are 3 rings the 2 u said an the like errangers ring to marry other villagers.
No, he wasn't. He was telling him that there are two rings for the player to marry. the other ring does nothing for players only npc's.
Is anyone else having this problem or is it just me?
It should be fixed once the new update is pushed.

eDilettante

Jul 29, 2019
I will wait for the .13 update before updating the server.

Now that the holidays are over, I can finally focus on more server updates. I will provide a more substantial post tomorrow outlining new news.

Looking forward to getting back on, my chocobos will be getting hungry! :)
Has it been confirmed that one of the updates has taken care of the AM2 mage problem? I'd hate to log in after the update and find I crashed the server again due to the same problem at my base.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
well, let me know if you have your base chunkloaded...if you do I can clear the problem out

But no one else has crashed for that reason since...and Mithion did say he fixed a ton of bugs...so here's crossing fingers!

eDilettante

Jul 29, 2019
It was chunkloaded, but I only had one enderpearl in it so should have well and truly run out by now... the loader is sitting to the right of all the machines outside on the right-hand side of my house if you have a chance to check it.