[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

lime

Jul 29, 2019
keep on crashing upon downloading the pack itself. it started to load but crashed before i get to the title screen. I've tried using curseCDN but still having that issue. for some reason I'm not eating a crash reports folder so I'm kinda stumped

Reactions: GreatOrator

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
keep on crashing upon downloading the pack itself. it started to load but crashed before i get to the title screen. I've tried using curseCDN but still having that issue. for some reason I'm not eating a crash reports folder so I'm kinda stumped
Try the atlanta server...they are supposedly still working out the issues
I just updated, and I noticed that the splash screen claims to be 2.3.1. Did ya just forget to update that @GreatOrator , or is that a sign my update is borked in some fashion?
Naw, that was a derp, forgot to update the better title screen config

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

eDilettante

Jul 29, 2019
Public Service Announcement:
If you are working at your remote base, make sure you have slept there recently! Otherwise you may have a LONG walk ahead of you...

I got zapped by an infernal zombie outside my mansion, and woke up next to the baker in Draconia (I don't even remember sleeping there, it must have been a good party! ;-)

The good news - thanks to gravestones my stuff was all being kept safely awaiting my return
The bad news - my gravestone was over 4000 blocks away..
The worse news - of course my stuff included my angel wings AND my teleportation orbs
The good news again - I finally made it home after three attempts (I *may* have eaten one of the cakes in the bakery... and possibly 'borrowed' a stack or two of melons from the farmer)

BerryRJ

Jul 29, 2019
Excellent! More to watch today!

That's awesome! If you want to take it upon yourself to do more builds I will be more than happy to include it in a pack update!

I'm not sure what else I should do for the bridge. It needs work on the underside, something... I also replaced the tavern, it was a bit too close to the fountain. I added a small stables at the end of it aswell. I also added some tiny houses for the tons of hobbits that spawn all over and a new farm. The farm has a Ranger crafting bench. lastly I added a wood-elf house. Now...not really sure what to add or change.Any suggestions would be great!

Here is the updated file:
MiddleEarth_v2

eDilettante

Jul 29, 2019
@eDilettante if you kill a flying mob, bat, wasp, bee, blaze you can morph into them and fly, hopefully it isnt raining if you fly as a blaze cause water hurts you as a blaze, bats you only have 6 hp's with, and bee's are only en the nether as far as i know

Darn, I totally forgot about morph, I never use it... and I even had the ghast form already available... ah well, I guess I needed to walk off all that cake anyways ;-)

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Darn, I totally forgot about morph, I never use it... and I even had the ghast form already available... ah well, I guess I needed to walk off all that cake anyways ;-)

I forgot as well, but I'm glad I did in a way, because I got the extra utilities ring(flight) awhile after walking SOOOoo much that it was a nice reward for my travels.lol

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
K, so putting out the call once again to all players who are interested.

I would like to expand Draconis, or the map at least, to a town on the northern part of the ocean. So here's the deal.

• Does not have to be as large as draconis, does not even necessarily have to contain a castle, could just be a governors house.
  • Will not have as involved of a questline nor does it need to have all the NPC's in place, but must be made in the current region map to buildings will transfer over if the build is chosen
  • Must have a dock, so ideally build on or near the coastline
  • does not have to be the same style as draconis, but must have an old-world style
Any submissions given will be reviewed and the winner selected by a panel of 3 players (I already have them chosen) and the winner will be granted their player as a permanent NPC in the modpack.

The deadline for this will the end of december as the plan is to incorporate this into a content update in january.

As a side update: I will begin working on a special content update just for the holidays...Keep watching here for that update!

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Am I allowed to break blocks in town?
So, I will mention this again (even though I say it in the OP), you can do whatever you want, this is not a pack that restricts your every move, or teaches you like other HQM packs, this pack was designed to give you an MMO feel while retaining most of what makes modded minecraft fun. However, consider that you are playing the hero, so what would a hero do? Sure you can take all the things, but then that will ruin the experience for you...but ultimately it is your choice.

Bubbajr114

Jul 29, 2019
So I got to the point I could go through the middle-earth portal so I hopped through thinking I could come right back. Well unless I'm missing something I can't take the return portal cause it's up in the air. Is that the way I'm supposed to get back?

Also what do must people use to tele back and forth from base and towns?

Carrots4U

Jul 29, 2019
So, I will mention this again (even though I say it in the OP), you can do whatever you want, this is not a pack that restricts your every move, or teaches you like other HQM packs, this pack was designed to give you an MMO feel while retaining most of what makes modded minecraft fun. However, consider that you are playing the hero, so what would a hero do? Sure you can take all the things, but then that will ruin the experience for you...but ultimately it is your choice.

Ah okay. And I seem to be stuck. I've visited the farmer, got the bakers package, but I have no clue where to go with it. I've tried to go the baker with it but nothing happens. I've also checked to see if any new quests popped up but I don't see anything.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
So I got to the point I could go through the middle-earth portal so I hopped through thinking I could come right back. Well unless I'm missing something I can't take the return portal cause it's up in the air. Is that the way I'm supposed to get back?

Also what do must people use to tele back and forth from base and towns?
Well, if you visit the mages in the tower, they may give you an item for this purpose...though you should be able to stand on the block under the portal to get back, he did warn you to make sure you had a way back just in case...typically you should have some form of flight (at the very least killing a bat) to allow you to get to the portal.
Ah okay. And I seem to be stuck. I've visited the farmer, got the bakers package, but I have no clue where to go with it. I've tried to go the baker with it but nothing happens. I've also checked to see if any new quests popped up but I don't see anything.
Did you have the quest from the baker or are you simply doing the HQM quest?

You may want to watch the many videos mentioned in the OP to help you get started.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Expect another influx, HaighYorkie has just done a preview in his YouChoose series on his YouTube channel! (Another of my favourite Youtubers)

Don't forget to vote for TCII in his strawpoll if you'd like to see him do a full Let's Play series :)
http://strawpoll.me/3143028

Holy cow...my pack is top votes at the moment
ok so i been trying to get out of the shire for a couple hours, is the "age" all shire or is the map that big? trying to get to a different part of the middle earth map to explore.
Yeah....one of the reasons I love the mod is the map is generated to scale - 1/20th iirc, so you just have a long distance depending on direction to get out of the shire.