[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

cravenhydra78

Jul 29, 2019
At this time...no. I will have it fixed in the next update (which I hope to have submitted today). Apparently I missed changing out the clipboard for the paper.

One possible work-around is to craft a clipboard and then rename it Evil Scheme.
renamed clipboard did not work but renamed paper did you need 2 cause the queen takes one then you need one for the king. works for both HQM and NPC's. thanks for the help. now ill set here and wait for that flash of inspiration. also im trying to raise ephelba with the npc wand cause i killed her so bad she cant respawn on her own and the GUI lists no mobs any idea what im doing wrong there?

Last edited:

MissLid

Jul 29, 2019
As you asked for them, here's a word error: speaking to the King on completion of the Queen's quest, 4th paragraph '...know the [realy] story...'

plus: Mage's summons (via commander) Malus says '... he is hidden from our [site]...' Should be sight. This was the last paragraph before I say 'alright, I'm in'

Last edited:

MissLid

Jul 29, 2019
My quest from the Mages to go see Ephalba and Tyltron just derped big time. When I got to the troll he just gave the standard line about helping the kingdom. When I checked the quest tab it showed no active quests. I went back to the Mages and did the dialogue bit with Malus again but it has not re-triggered the quest

Reactions: cravenhydra78

MissLid

Jul 29, 2019
Make sure you talk to ephelba twice, first to complete the quest given by malus, the next time to progress the story
Ahhh. OK, that worked. It isn't clear, though, that you need to speak to them twice as they actually give you instructions the first time you speak with them (Tyltran does the same thing).

edit: Reder hasn't regenerated - it has been many rl hours since I killed him. The quest recognises that I have found him, however.

Last edited:
Reactions: cravenhydra78

cravenhydra78

Jul 29, 2019
Ahhh. OK, that worked. It isn't clear, though, that you need to speak to them twice as they actually give you instructions the first time you speak with them (Tyltran does the same thing).

edit: Reder hasn't regenerated - it has been many rl hours since I killed him. The quest recognises that I have found him, however.
none of my guys respawned i had to use the npc wand on them all.

Reactions: GreatOrator

cravenhydra78

Jul 29, 2019
called NPC Wand get it in creative page 9 i think and put game open to LAN hold the wand and click in the air and it lets you reset the nearby coustom npc's. so you bring em back alive jump out of creative and continue. seems a lil cheaty to me but if its the only way to keep the quest going i guess it has to be. hope that helps.

cravenhydra78

Jul 29, 2019
my problem of the day is every time i try to feed an animal it sais i dont have permission. so no animal farms and more importantly no familar in wichery mod. anyone know how to fix this one for me?

MissLid

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, It does help, thanks. If that is the only way to progress then, just like you, I will do what needs to be done. We Heroes of Draconis can't shy away from the hard decisions, right cravenhydra78? Sometimes you gotta just suck it up, put on your big girl's pants (or boy's pants in your case)and get creative.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
none of my guys respawned i had to use the npc wand on them all.
Yeah I have noticed that every once in awhile the respawn time is missed and I can't figure out why (all the bosses are supposed to respawn hourly)
I guess you wont need to remove Tubes as there is a new version that came out that is compatible with BC 6.1.5.
Too late for that unfortunately, you guys are welcome to add it back in if you want, but he took so long to respond or even show back up, I can't afford to have the pack held up by a mod dev who goes mia. Keep in mind, we have EU pipes, BC pipes, and Logistics pipes until such time as Thermal Expansion finishes ducts (which according to twitter may not be far off)
my problem of the day is every time i try to feed an animal it sais i dont have permission. so no animal farms and more importantly no familar in wichery mod. anyone know how to fix this one for me?
Yeah, that is from a specific mod that I had disabled an item for...I had reported the error, but not sure if they are even going to fix it. Only other option is to re-enable the item. You actually can still feed and all the other stuff...just more of an annoying bug.

Last edited:

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
called NPC Wand get it in creative page 9 i think and put game open to LAN hold the wand and click in the air and it lets you reset the nearby coustom npc's. so you bring em back alive jump out of creative and continue. seems a lil cheaty to me but if its the only way to keep the quest going i guess it has to be. hope that helps.

The only way it would be considered cheaty, would be if you/someone was using it to spawn back in an NPC to get an Item over & over again, but that would be pointless cause you could just spawn in the item. However, and least if you get the NPC back to fight, you re still earning the item.lol

There 's an Idea!! Have an arena type building were you could trigger past bosses/NPC's to fight over again to earn coins/loot/etc. It could be a dungeon. or prison under the castle. Just a thought:)

Draekrio

Jul 29, 2019
Hi! I've been trying to run Tolkiencraft on the Feed The Beast launcher, I so far have not attempted to add or configure any mods or aspects of the modpack but any time I try to run the pack (and everything on the launcher greys out to prepare for the loading) nothing happens, and the launcher reactivates after a minute or so delay, I managed to salvage this error from the FTB console.

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_25]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_25]
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_25]
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_25]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: io/netty/buffer/ByteBufOutputStream
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.<init>(Minecraft.java:197) ~[bao.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:129) ~[Main.class:?]
... 6 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: io.netty.buffer.ByteBufOutputStream
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:191) ~[launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_25]
... 6 more
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.objectweb.asm.ClassReader.<init>(Unknown Source) ~[asm-all-5.0.3.jar:5.0.3]
at lumien.perfectspawn.Transformer.PSClassTransformer.transform(PSClassTransformer.java:43) ~[PSClassTransformer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.runTransformers(LaunchClassLoader.java:279) ~[launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:176) ~[launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
... 6 more

Similar things are happening with both 2.2.2 and 2.2.1, i'm not code savvy in the slightest, could someone perhaps translate my problem?

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like the ever-present error the launcher has been having. First, try to change the download location to either the cursecdn or atlanta-2 servers. if that doesn't work, you may have to completely reinstall the ftb launcher. I have made multiple reports about it and they are working on it, but have yet to fond a solution.

cravenhydra78

Jul 29, 2019
The only way it would be considered cheaty, would be if you/someone was using it to spawn back in an NPC to get an Item over & over again, but that would be pointless cause you could just spawn in the item. However, and least if you get the NPC back to fight, you re still earning the item.lol

There 's an Idea!! Have an arena type building were you could trigger past bosses/NPC's to fight over again to earn coins/loot/etc. It could be a dungeon. or prison under the castle. Just a thought:)
that could be a good way to get those dragon coins or whatever its called the mercenary trades for reward bags. also GreatOrator you say i can still feed other things. i actually can not i have tried ocelots chickens and cows. then tried using spawn eggs to put some in the world to see if it made any difference and still no luck. what am i missing on this? im playing in utility mode could that be it?

Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Aye, it would. Wonder what Kind of command block, customNPC code I could use to make it happen. Though the commander does give a repeatable quest to earn those as well as the guards.

Ima have to do some testing....dang it, just as I thought I was done with the map (flash of inspiration)