[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Alright ladies and gents, quick poll. Buildcraft adn logistics pipes have officially updated to the newest version, what this means however is that the mod Tubes! is now causing crashes in the modpack and the mod dev has not been seen in over a month.

So the simple poll is this:

How many of you are using Tubes in your worlds versus say EU pipes or BC/Logistics pipes? I ask because at this stage I am simply willing to remove it from the pack than let it hold up progress.

If too many of you are using it, I will wait, otherwise I will remove it, fix the couple of things I have it used for in the map and quests, and would then be able to send out an update by this weekend. If we wait, I can still send out and update, but we will be stuck on earlier versions of buildcraft and logistics which means no robots for you (newest release of BC has the robots now)

cravenhydra78

Jul 29, 2019
Alright ladies and gents, quick poll. Buildcraft adn logistics pipes have officially updated to the newest version, what this means however is that the mod Tubes! is now causing crashes in the modpack and the mod dev has not been seen in over a month.

So the simple poll is this:

How many of you are using Tubes in your worlds versus say EU pipes or BC/Logistics pipes? I ask because at this stage I am simply willing to remove it from the pack than let it hold up progress.

If too many of you are using it, I will wait, otherwise I will remove it, fix the couple of things I have it used for in the map and quests, and would then be able to send out an update by this weekend. If we wait, I can still send out and update, but we will be stuck on earlier versions of buildcraft and logistics which means no robots for you (newest release of BC has the robots now)
i havnt started building anything yet so i probably shouldnt vote. but i will i say get rid of it cause if its a problem now and the mod god is mia it doesn't bode well for the future.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you all for answering so far. I will wait to see who else votes by tomorrow afternoon but it looks like tubes is out...not a huge loss really as there are actually better alternatives in the pack, just wanted to have a duct type mod so hopefully thermal expansion gets theirs done eventually.

cravenhydra78

Jul 29, 2019
a lil off subject but i just died to a witch and went back for my loot not only was their no gravestone but the lil cave i had dug was filled in. Does that refill automatically when you die next to town and thats what caused the grave to disappear? well wish me luck im off to start over

Reactions: GreatOrator

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you all for answering so far. I will wait to see who else votes by tomorrow afternoon but it looks like tubes is out...not a huge loss really as there are actually better alternatives in the pack, just wanted to have a duct type mod so hopefully thermal expansion gets theirs done eventually.
I don't think I'm using it at all, but even if I were I'd vote to remove it.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
a lil off subject but i just died to a witch and went back for my loot not only was their no gravestone but the lil cave i had dug was filled in. Does that refill automatically when you die next to town and thats what caused the grave to disappear? well wish me luck im off to start over
That sounds like minecraft itself had not saved, that would be the only way something weird like that would happen, but I will keep an eye on it.

As for ender IO, I agree it is a cool mod, but one uber high tech mod I think is enough (AE2) as I am trying to avoid going too far outside of the feel of the pack.

In other news, I have gotten multiple requests for aroma backup, so want to know what you guys think of that.

I also think it is pretty unanimous that tubes is history, so I will work on that so I can update BC and logistic pipes (Oh and gendustry and bdlib and forestry)

Reactions: MissLid

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
That sounds like minecraft itself had not saved, that would be the only way something weird like that would happen, but I will keep an eye on it.

As for ender IO, I agree it is a cool mod, but one uber high tech mod I think is enough (AE2) as I am trying to avoid going too far outside of the feel of the pack.

In other news, I have gotten multiple requests for aroma backup, so want to know what you guys think of that.

I also think it is pretty unanimous that tubes is history, so I will work on that so I can update BC and logistic pipes (Oh and gendustry and bdlib and forestry)

Given that I always add aroma backup to the modpack after an update, I think you can guess how I'd vote. ;)

TheRangerX

Jul 29, 2019
Agree with the Aroma backup, think it'd be great to add in.

On another note, several things I've found.

• Kittana's quest dialogue: misspelled "cake" as "ckae" for the "chocolate cake with sprinkles" quest for Hikarr. Nor does it seem to log as a quest in the quest tab.
  • Fetch Quest : Blacksmith and Resources - "Resources" spelled as "Reasources"
  • Fetch Quest : Help a barkeep out - Last sentence reads "Not sure hy the farmers..." should be "why"
  • Two NPCs have the same name - "Achdranys" - The monk from the quest "The Ancient" and the Elf in the bar next to the baker.
Has anyone had any issues with attempting to start a world after removing "The Camping Mod?" I'm currently in the final stages of setting up a public server (the official server with the GreatOrator's blessing) and my server hangs on building the world after removing that mod. Regardless of a fresh install or not.

Also, do I have to kill Achdranys the Ancient for the key or what? I complete talking with him and then that seems to be it.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Agree with the Aroma backup, think it'd be great to add in.

On another note, several things I've found.

• Kittana's quest dialogue: misspelled "cake" as "ckae" for the "chocolate cake with sprinkles" quest for Hikarr. Nor does it seem to log as a quest in the quest tab.
  • Fetch Quest : Blacksmith and Resources - "Resources" spelled as "Reasources"
  • Fetch Quest : Help a barkeep out - Last sentence reads "Not sure hy the farmers..." should be "why"
  • Two NPCs have the same name - "Achdranys" - The monk from the quest "The Ancient" and the Elf in the bar next to the baker.
Has anyone had any issues with attempting to start a world after removing "The Camping Mod?" I'm currently in the final stages of setting up a public server (the official server with the GreatOrator's blessing) and my server hangs on building the world after removing that mod. Regardless of a fresh install or not.

Also, do I have to kill Achdranys the Ancient for the key or what? I complete talking with him and then that seems to be it.
it should work (starting the world) are there any error messages?

As for the other corrections, thank you, I am actually working on the list I have today, so perfect timing!

eDilettante

Jul 29, 2019
I'm fine with removing tubes, and with adding Aroma (can be removed/disabled anyway if that's the player's preference)

I also love EnderIO but can see your reasoning re hi-tech mods, but it would be nice to have a cheaper energy transfer method than the Extra Utils energy transfer nodes (QED? Enderflux crystal?? All that obsidian, redstone and enderpearls just to move some power??) Or am I missing some other method that's already in the pack? (apart from just putting the generators/cells/machines next to each other)

I haven't had any issues removing the Camping Mod, it initially comes up and says there are some missing item IDs, as the 2.2.1 world still has a couple of tents in it, but just click through and it still generates fine, just leaves an empty space where the tents were.

You don't have to kill The Ancient One for the key, check your NPCQuest log to see what's currently required, you may have to move away from the area and then go back to trigger the completion of part of the quest thread before talking to him again.

One slightly weird thing which I haven't had time to try to reproduce, on completing the HQM quest to craft a leadstone energy cell the reward is a hardened energy cell, which all worked fine, but when I closed and reopened my inventory the hardened cell had mysteriously become a creative cell! I definitely wasn't in creative mode, hadn't even opened the game to LAN when this occurred.

The only other slightly strange issue I'm currently having is with stackable items not always stacking; redstone blocks, diamonds, emeralds, potions, even torches... identical IDs, no damage values, but sometimes they just won't stack together. I haven't been able to determine any particular set of circumstances when this occurs, still looking, will let you know if I find anything...

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I'm fine with removing tubes, and with adding Aroma (can be removed/disabled anyway if that's the player's preference)

I also love EnderIO but can see your reasoning re hi-tech mods, but it would be nice to have a cheaper energy transfer method than the Extra Utils energy transfer nodes (QED? Enderflux crystal?? All that obsidian, redstone and enderpearls just to move some power??) Or am I missing some other method that's already in the pack? (apart from just putting the generators/cells/machines next to each other)

I haven't had any issues removing the Camping Mod, it initially comes up and says there are some missing item IDs, as the 2.2.1 world still has a couple of tents in it, but just click through and it still generates fine, just leaves an empty space where the tents were.

You don't have to kill The Ancient One for the key, check your NPCQuest log to see what's currently required, you may have to move away from the area and then go back to trigger the completion of part of the quest thread before talking to him again.

One slightly weird thing which I haven't had time to try to reproduce, on completing the HQM quest to craft a leadstone energy cell the reward is a hardened energy cell, which all worked fine, but when I closed and reopened my inventory the hardened cell had mysteriously become a creative cell! I definitely wasn't in creative mode, hadn't even opened the game to LAN when this occurred.

The only other slightly strange issue I'm currently having is with stackable items not always stacking; redstone blocks, diamonds, emeralds, potions, even torches... identical IDs, no damage values, but sometimes they just won't stack together. I haven't been able to determine any particular set of circumstances when this occurs, still looking, will let you know if I find anything...
Apparently there has been an issue with NBT data in modded minecraft in 1.7.10 that is affecting a lot of people (thankfully) I am watching though to see if anyone comes up with a permanent solution. Curious about the creative cell though...i'll have to try to look into that

TheRangerX

Jul 29, 2019
it should work (starting the world) are there any error messages?

As for the other corrections, thank you, I am actually working on the list I have today, so perfect timing!

No error messages. I happens when I start up the server. Gets to "loading world" in the command line and just hangs.

NPCQuest log is empty after talking with him. I have left the area, going so far as leave the server and return but still nothing.

There are the buildcraft energy pipes. Those can also transfer power. I'm however looking forward to the TE ducts as they've always been great.

Reactions: GreatOrator