[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
No error messages. I happens when I start up the server. Gets to "loading world" in the command line and just hangs.

NPCQuest log is empty after talking with him. I have left the area, going so far as leave the server and return but still nothing.

There are the buildcraft energy pipes. Those can also transfer power. I'm however looking forward to the TE ducts as they've always been great.
The ancient is a two-part quest, the second part is after you have beaten the troll. If that isn't happening I can take a look on my end. Though been playing the pack myself from the launcher and was able to finish the quest at that point.

TheRangerX

Jul 29, 2019
The ancient is a two-part quest, the second part is after you have beaten the troll. If that isn't happening I can take a look on my end. Though been playing the pack myself from the launcher and was able to finish the quest at that point.

Ok, so the Ancient quest is to go see the monk. Talk with him and complete that quest, that clears out the log. Then go get the quest for the troll. Defeat him, then go back to the monk and
he'll give you the key that teleports you away?

Reactions: GreatOrator

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so the Ancient quest is to go see the monk. Talk with him and complete that quest, that clears out the log. Then go get the quest for the troll. Defeat him, then go back to the monk and
he'll give you the key that teleports you away?
Yup, if you read his dialog it is so that you can go forth and begin your own adventure and/or help the townsfolk. This was basically the point I figured a player would have gathered enough resources to get a base going. The keystone actually randomly sends a player anywhere in any direction up to 10k blocks away. On a server this means it is less likely players would build over each other

Darck_Soul

Jul 29, 2019
is there a way i could get your pack manually to get the 2.2.2 update i tryed the two ways cursecdn and atltanta and it doesnt seem to work no matter wht i tryed and it doesnt update it also its kinda silly to ask but i cant find where the bandit leader is i kinda passed over it because the HQM book shows me i visited it wich i remember not going there i could have passed by without noticing it it happens to me alot sadly XD

Darck_Soul

Jul 29, 2019
your thread says 2.2.2 but the zips says another ? downloaded it anyway but im just confused thts all XD

oh forgot to say i love this pack its gives a nice feeling and i love MMO's so A++ for this pack

Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Just an update so you guys know what's going on.

I have been very busy since the last update trying to finish up the main quest line as well as fix bugs that have been found in existing quests (man this was os easy when I only had a few of them to go through...lol). I also have been working on the mods that are updating and in some cases they have added content which has provided new possibilities for quests and map content.

My intention is to have an update by this weekend, however, there are a couple of mods (not ones already discussed) that I am waiting on updates since the mod dev's have specifically said they will fix errors.

That being said, with the mods I want and need updated, and so very close to finishing the content piece I had outlined for myself, I may have to postpone the update until next week.

I am still working on some details, and I may simply release a modfix update to the existing pack (minus tubes and the camping mod for now) and continue finishing work on the content.

Lastly, I have seriously been very deep into and hard at work at trying to fix any grammatical errors or quest item errors, so if you do find any while playing, do not hesitate to report them (though please look back at least a page or two to make sure it wasn't already reported) and I really want the next major update to be the best it can be!

Thank you everyone who has been playing and commenting, all the positive replies really has been extraordinary and I love it!

As always, Happy mining!

MissLid

Jul 29, 2019
2 problems. 1st - the 'cake with sprinkles' quest gives me the information but doesn't register as a quest. 2nd the 'evil scheme' strikes again. I started a new world (I do that a lot) and have been careful not to open the clipboard when it dropped but it shows as a sheet of named paper in the quest book and the quest book refuses to recognize the evil, evil scheme as does the npc quest which wants the key, the sceptre and the scheme. I switched to vanilla textures just in case

Last edited:

cartdude

Jul 29, 2019
Man loving the pack but it lagg to much I had to delete my save and start over twice because it lag me out and gave me a corrupted save file. I my java is up to date and gave it 5GB of memory to it. Its a great mob pack otherwise.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
2 problems. 1st - the 'cake with sprinkles' quest gives me the information but doesn't register as a quest. 2nd the 'evil scheme' strikes again. I started a new world (I do that a lot) and have been careful not to open the clipboard when it dropped but it shows as a sheet of named paper in the quest book and the quest book refuses to recognize the evil, evil scheme as does the npc quest which wants the key, the sceptre and the scheme. I switched to vanilla textures just in case
I'll double check the quest then, I thought I changed all parts of it to use that paper, thanks you.
Man loving the pack but it lagg to much I had to delete my save and start over twice because it lag me out and gave me a corrupted save file. I my java is up to date and gave it 5GB of memory to it. Its a great mob pack otherwise.
I've added some stuff to the OP regarding that. There are three options to use which have been confirmed to work by using one or any combination of them (some players use all three.

cravenhydra78

Jul 29, 2019
i was having to run this pack at 5 fps for a while and had to restart 50 times from a ragequit after lag killed me but never had the corrupted save. anyway i finally got a better graphics card and its all good now could be that has something to do with your problems also have you checked your running 64 bit java. it can be up to date but still 32 is why i ask?

cartdude

Jul 29, 2019
i was having to run this pack at 5 fps for a while and had to restart 50 times from a ragequit after lag killed me but never had the corrupted save. anyway i finally got a better graphics card and its all good now could be that has something to do with your problems also have you checked your running 64 bit java. it can be up to date but still 32 is why i ask?
Thanks I have updated my Java 64.

cravenhydra78

Jul 29, 2019
so i noticed that all the cats accept val's are named smokey and all the dogs are aldny or something like that. also the seamstress jeraldine is trying to give me a quest but i dont have a way to accept it. another is how do i unlock the second set of quests in the HQM book i have the first set 100% and just beat the wicked witch. do i need to let achdranys teleport me away to get it open?

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
so i noticed that all the cats accept val's are named smokey and all the dogs are aldny or something like that. also the seamstress jeraldine is trying to give me a quest but i dont have a way to accept it. another is how do i unlock the second set of quests in the HQM book i have the first set 100% and just beat the wicked witch. do i need to let achdranys teleport me away to get it open?
seamstress was broken/unfinished, yup, when it came to the animals I was not very creative...lol.

the second set should open up once you finish the witches quest.

Reactions: cravenhydra78

cravenhydra78

Jul 29, 2019
Actually there's one more quest after the wicked witch, you need to talk to the priest and the queen's ghost to get the dead queen's note, to finish the 'Search to the Past' quest in section 7 before the section 2 quest area opens up.
that got it thank you. turns out i had the note i just hadnt submited it yet. i guess i need to stop playing at 5 am.

cravenhydra78

Jul 29, 2019
well the evil scheme just got me stuck too. any work around for this yet?

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Update: So I have completed work on what tentatively will be version 2.3.0 of the modpack (aside from any mods that update soon) and have uploaded it for certain VIP's to download and test.

This means potentially I will have a version to submit by next weekend.

Some of the important fixes have been an extensive testing of all the customnpc quests to fix some of the persistent bugs as well as finishing up with the main questline. This also means, barring some sudden flash of inspiration, this will be the last major content update going forward with future updates being primarily for HQM and mods.