[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Nox503

Jul 29, 2019
I started a new game and finished the opening quests touring the town and buying the stuff for the king and delivering the package, I took the reward bags for finishing the quests. I used the diamond block to make a pickaxe since the blacksmith does not sell one. In the tool tip is says unable to break anything decoration only or to be used in crafting, so I made some tinkers tables and when I went to use the blank patterns in the stencil table there is no arrow to cycle through the various patterns. are patterns for tinkers construct only meant to be found in dungeons and for quest rewards and not meant to be crafted or am I doing something wrong?

Reactions: GreatOrator

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I started a new game and finished the opening quests touring the town and buying the stuff for the king and delivering the package, I took the reward bags for finishing the quests. I used the diamond block to make a pickaxe since the blacksmith does not sell one. In the tool tip is says unable to break anything decoration only or to be used in crafting, so I made some tinkers tables and when I went to use the blank patterns in the stencil table there is no arrow to cycle through the various patterns. are patterns for tinkers construct only meant to be found in dungeons and for quest rewards and not meant to be crafted or am I doing something wrong?
Well, if you are using a texture pack, that could be the problem. The stencil table actually has buttons now for each of the patterns, no more scrolling through a list.

And ya, with iguanaman's tinker tweaks, very few non tinker tools will work. You will have to use tinker's construct.

Nox503

Jul 29, 2019
Well, if you are using a texture pack, that could be the problem. The stencil table actually has buttons now for each of the patterns, no more scrolling through a list.

And ya, with iguanaman's tinker tweaks, very few non tinker tools will work. You will have to use tinker's construct.

http://gyazo.com/5deaa62d8c2c6e64fc6b00d437b179fa

I was using the unofficial/official BDcraft texture pack, and after I posted here I reopened the game and went to default and as soon as I did the patterns appeared. thanks for the help :) the link above is a screenshot of the stencil table using the texture pack

Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, the link posted was for the 1.6.4 version of the pack and I am currently working on an updated version. I only left the link up there because many of the mods were included in this pack so being this is the second person to report it I may just simply take the link down until I get get updated textures. This time I am trying for 128x and 64x.

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Ok folks, some bad news on bugfix front.

This is related to the crash that was reported with the backpacks. Now with a recent update to Backpacks it may have gone away, but as far as the devs go neither forestry or backpacks will acknowledge the issue. Both of them are saying it is the others issue...go figure.

kittana

Jul 29, 2019
well, i went and tried one more quest in the tech line ( i know i know...) and the steel block i need to make.. i made one in the TC smeltery by melting chain mail and got the TC version.. not recognized. Went to the artifice version and cooked iron ingots in the furnace - got artifice steel and then made it into a block.. received Railcraft steel block.. not recognized ... :/

kittana

Jul 29, 2019

This is related to the crash that was reported with the backpacks. Now with a recent update to Backpacks it may have gone away, but as far as the devs go neither forestry or backpacks will acknowledge the issue. Both of them are saying it is the others issue...go figure.

ahhh - yup.. expect that anymore :)

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, the link posted was for the 1.6.4 version of the pack and I am currently working on an updated version. I only left the link up there because many of the mods were included in this pack so being this is the second person to report it I may just simply take the link down until I get get updated textures. This time I am trying for 128x and 64x.

*just drools* Shinies!!! (In case it's not clear, I like detailed graphics. ;) )

:/ Well, if it isn't fixed, I've already made the decision to not trust backpacks with anything I care about losing. Enderpouches all the way for my precioussess! Thanks for nudging me into using them @GreatOrator! :)

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
well, i went and tried one more quest in the tech line ( i know i know...) and the steel block i need to make.. i made one in the TC smeltery by melting chain mail and got the TC version.. not recognized. Went to the artifice version and cooked iron ingots in the furnace - got artifice steel and then made it into a block.. received Railcraft steel block.. not recognized ... :/
Well, I am home now, so will take a look, might be the same issue as the cobalt and ardite....I swear artifice is quick becoming a pain in my arse.
*just drools* Shinies!!! (In case it's not clear, I like detailed graphics. ;) )

:/ Well, if it isn't fixed, I've already made the decision to not trust backpacks with anything I care about losing. Enderpouches all the way for my precioussess! Thanks for nudging me into using them @GreatOrator! :)

Well, as an alternative, soartex textures work very well and have most of the big mods converted so you might want to try those in the meantime?

And anytime! I fell in love with the ender pouches a while back and use those and forestry backpacks almost exclusively now. The regular backpacks I use for unimportant storage as well.

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
29Sep14

Well I found the ruin I went lava diving to find. Um... I'm pretty sure these aren't supposed to be at this location in the nether... ;)
2014-09-29_225305_zpsf15f1086.png

Yes, that is bedrock and it's where you'd expect to find it in the nether :p .
Also, @GreatOrator and @kittana : thanks for not spoiling the nether trip with hints. ;) I won't say any more to avoid spoilers myself, but it was interesting from beginning to end. :p ... At least I hope the most unexpected part was supposed to occur!

Last edited:

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
I had a chance to look for a crash log (was tired, forgot last night sorry!) - the game shut down abruptly mid-Tour (and then I forgot to take the afk screen off so had to restart it). But there isn't one. Hm. So alas I can't report anything other than it shut down suddenly when I broke a cobblestone right beside the relocator tube with the module extraction installed. The pick I used was my silk touch pick.

The screen said "Connection Lost", "Client multipart @(-298, 150, 3209) not found"
And the button "Back to TItle Screen"

Error occurred in http://www.twitch.tv/valsnoisytoys/b/573430041 around 3:38:00.

Sorry I can't provide any more info!
--Val

Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
29Sep14

Well I found the ruin I went lava diving to find. Um... I'm pretty sure these aren't supposed to be at this location in the nether... ;)

Also, @GreatOrator and @kittana : thanks for not spoiling the nether trip with hints. ;) I won't say any more to avoid spoilers myself, but it was interesting from beginning to end. :p ... At least I hope the most unexpected part was supposed to occur!
Yeah, ruins is kind of weird in dimensions other than the overworld...I may just disable it for the nether and the end to be safe.
I had a chance to look for a crash log (was tired, forgot last night sorry!) - the game shut down abruptly mid-Tour (and then I forgot to take the afk screen off so had to restart it). But there isn't one. Hm. So alas I can't report anything other than it shut down suddenly when I broke a cobblestone right beside the relocator tube with the module extraction installed. The pick I used was my silk touch pick.

The screen said "Connection Lost", "Client multipart @(-298, 150, 3209) not found"
And the button "Back to TItle Screen"

Error occurred in http://www.twitch.tv/valsnoisytoys/b/573430041 around 3:38:00.

Sorry I can't provide any more info!
--Val
Well, the good news is a newer version of multipart was released, I'll see if I can sneak it in to the 2.0.9 update before they push it.

Invalid

Jul 29, 2019
This pack is awesome, but one question; Am I supposed to take all the cool weapons and stuff I find in houses? Is the questing balanced around that? My first instinct is to steal everything I can since there doesn't seem to be a system stopping me, but I don't want to ruin the fun of questing.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
This pack is awesome, but one question; Am I supposed to take all the cool weapons and stuff I find in houses? Is the questing balanced around that? My first instinct is to steal everything I can since there doesn't seem to be a system stopping me, but I don't want to ruin the fun of questing.
Well, that is entirely up to you. The questing is not based off of the items used as decorations in town, it is on an "On your honor" thing as if you were a real hero (real heroes wouldn't steal). I put no restrictions for ssp since it is supposed to be open just like regular minecraft.

Glad you like it though!

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
So two things...

One, how's anyone/everyone's town builds coming?

Two, ChickenBones released chickenchunks finally for 1.7.10 so would everyone prefer that (high creation cost loaders) or keep the existing dimensional anchors (same usage, far smaller cost to create)

Reactions: kittana

kittana

Jul 29, 2019
So two things...

One, how's anyone/everyone's town builds coming?

Two, ChickenBones released chickenchunks finally for 1.7.10 so would everyone prefer that (high creation cost loaders) or keep the existing dimensional anchors (same usage, far smaller cost to create)

Got caught up in the pack and the quests more than building my town :/

Haven't actually checked out the dimensional anchors.. if they do the same thing it's great. Can you set the distance it covers like the other chunk loaders? Will defer to someone more knowledgeable about it.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
go for the chicken chunks definately
But why? Dimensional anchors provide the exact same functionality (more actually) for a cheaper cost to get started. In other words, what benefit do they have over DA?

Got caught up in the pack and the quests more than building my town :/

Haven't actually checked out the dimensional anchors.. if they do the same thing it's great. Can you set the distance it covers like the other chunk loaders? Will defer to someone more knowledgeable about it.
Yes, yes they can, and have more functions even.