[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

Cntrldfusion

Jul 29, 2019
Did Extra Utilities change which spikes drop which kinds of drops? Like iron drops items, gold drops rare drops, and diamond drops rare drops and XP. I read that somewhere, but none of the Extra Utils wikis/pages are specific on this. Also, I read you can enchant the diamond version with Reaper and get mob souls as well. Not sure if you can do that to the gold ones, but if they take the enchant i am guessing it works.

Basically yeah. I believe I read about the differences on the FTB Wiki pages for the spikes. It's been that way for at least a year that I know of. As far as enchanting goes the only ones I've enchanted so far have been the diamond spikes and the reaper enchant does let them drop mob souls.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
  • Update v2.9.5 live now! Just waiting for curse to approve the map updates
  • Mods Updated
    • Lord of the Rings
  • Map Changes
    • Added new patrons to Hall of Heroes
  • Special Notice
    • As of this update it looks as though all mods devs have moved on to higher Minecraft versions. As such, this will be the final modpack update barring any new patrons. Enjoy and stay tuned for my newest endeavors!

Sungak

Jul 29, 2019
  • Map Changes
    • Added new patrons to Hall of Heroes
Which map was updated? I've only downloaded Draconis so far, as I figured it would be easier during the base setup. And RL has been slowing down any games playing recently, so have not gone very far.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Which map was updated? I've only downloaded Draconis so far, as I figured it would be easier during the base setup. And RL has been slowing down any games playing recently, so have not gone very far.
Specifically content pack 2, updated the hall of heroes, but if you only downloaded the main map, you'll want to download all 3 content packs when you have the time

D

dhasenan

Is it just me, or is ore generation wonky in 2.9.5?

I noticed early on that aluminum is quite rare around where the Ancient sent me. As in, I stumbled on it when I was in Draconis, and I found a decent amount of ore gravel at the surface, but that's it. Later I realized that, despite extensive mining in the overworld and a Mystcraft dense ores world, I hadn't found any zinc or emerald, either.

Once I got a wyvern pick, I did some testing. Starting in the hills behind Draconis, I expended 1M RF mining at height 12. I got over a stack of zinc and half a stack of aluminum, plus a dozen blocks of emerald. I repeated the same test in my mystcraft world: no zinc, no aluminum, and no emerald. I repeated it by my base: no zinc, no aluminum, and one block of dark emerald ore in a Railcraft abyssal stone sphere.

I'm considering copying over my world, going into creative, and strip-mining a large area just to see for certain, but at the moment, it's looking like I should only mine around Draconis, which is the opposite of what I'd like to do.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
So, any of the pregenned areas are going to have dramatically different ore gen in the overworld due to them being created well before the cofh world gen was implemented. That said, the cofh world gen was done in a way to spread out the ores as much as possible and in some cases (like emerald) restrict to certain biomes (so if your mystcraft world was not that biome, good luck finding them).

What I have found however, if you mine in the deep dark, you will almost never want for any material.

D

dhasenan

Understood. I searched for it in the config files but couldn't find anything in config/cofh/world about emerald or zinc. The block for aluminum has the line '"biomeRestriction": "none"', which seems to indicate it should generate in every biome.

The Deep Dark is a fair bit later in the game than an alumite pick or starting anything with Flaxbeard's. Or getting Botania flowers with AgriCraft, which requires podzol, which requires silk touch to gather, which means getting an emerald to craft a silky jewel.

I'm fine with exploring, but, thanks to the random nature of ore distribution, the only way for me to effectively find what I'm looking for is to strip-mine vast tracts of land. If I only had the vanilla biomes to deal with, that would be feasible, but there are dozens of biomes here, possibly hundreds. Since biome-based ore distribution is done by whitelisting biomes, I can't even reason that, for instance, emeralds are found in Extreme Hills, and Canyon is similar except for featuring packed dirt, so they should have similar ores. You might disagree about their similarity, or you might have forgotten about one or the other while configuring cofh.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, some guidance would be handy.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
other than emerald the ores should all generate is pretty much any biome...issue is there are like...12-20 different ores accounting for ore dictionary so there would be only one (reason I used cofh) so it could literally just be a bad bout of generation because in the world I used to test after finalizing cofh, there was every ore type in the 4 chunks I wiped everything but ore to verify.

T

Turtletastic

I want to start out by saying how amazing this pack is!! All the world gen is beautiful!! My whole house is playing it right now. I just have a few questions... I am trying to do the quest called Dody's Plea in Stonyford and can not find Dindy. I have spent hours searching for him. Also, there is a quest in Mirkwood called the Missing Huntress and it says to look for her near where I killed the trolls but I don't remember where the trolls were. Once you find the trolls the directions disappear. Any help would be much appreciated.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Let me go look it up and I will find the answer as soon as I can. With so many quests it's hard to say off the top of my head but I want you to know I am on the case :p

Reactions: Turtletastic

teagan75

Jul 29, 2019
@Turtletastic, I know for sure you should have gotten a map showing where Dindy was headed. If you did not get the map, perhaps the quest didn't move forward like it should have. If you already found their camp, then you should have gotten a key to the entrance of Goblin Town which is nearby.

The other quest is no where near the trolls but near the white elk so I don't know why you thought it was by the trolls. Follow the elf-path back east till you see the white elk and the quest is nearby.

Reactions: Turtletastic
T

Turtletastic

I have checked all over the High pass. I traveled the whole road between Bree and Stonyford and haven't seen a camp. The only info I have was from Dody, his brother, and it isn't much.
I thought the trolls and the elk were close to each other. I must be getting messed up. There are so many quests, which is awesome, I get them confused.

C

Captainrbaker

Hi ,

In DragonBurg does anyone know where to find Aglebemu. I have a skeleton key and can't find anywhere to use it in the area or an NPC but this name.

The quest is callled "Danger in the deep II" and it's a DragonBurg job quest .

Or if someone knows wether this is an important quest line or not. If I can't find him I might just leave that one if that's the case.

Big thanks to anyone who can help.

theMineMaster2

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having trouble trying to run this pack. In the past, I've been able to load the world, but for some reason I can't do it anymore. The game disconnects from the internal server and returns to the main menu after the world gets loaded. Internal server appears to keep going, as the game actually has to shut it down upon attempting to load the world again.

Running on Linux, latest version of the pack, using Draconis map with all three expansion packs. 3 of 4GB of RAM allocated to Minecraft.

Logs were much too big for pastebin (expected), and this forum doesn't quite like uploading a 12MB text document, so all I can give is this crash log from my third attempt at loading into a world (which in this case was a Draconis world without the expansion packs).

Oh, and here's a few other things that cropped up:
Code:
[20:08:11] [Netty Client IO #0/ERROR] [FML]: HandshakeMessageHandler exception
java.lang.RuntimeException: Timeout waiting for client thread to catch up!
   at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.waitForPlayClient(FMLClientHandler.java:877) ~[FMLClientHandler.class:?]
   at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.waitForPlayClient(FMLCommonHandler.java:585) ~[FMLCommonHandler.class:?]
   at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.handshake.NetworkDispatcher.clientListenForServerHandshake(NetworkDispatcher.java:171) ~[NetworkDispatcher.class:?]
   at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.handshake.FMLHandshakeClientState$1.accept(FMLHandshakeClientState.java:35) ~[FMLHandshakeClientState$1.class:?]
   at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.handshake.FMLHandshakeClientState$1.accept(FMLHandshakeClientState.java:29) ~[FMLHandshakeClientState$1.class:?]
   at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.handshake.HandshakeMessageHandler.userEventTriggered(HandshakeMessageHandler.java:40) ~[HandshakeMessageHandler.class:?]
   at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.invokeUserEventTriggered(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:308) [DefaultChannelHandlerContext.class:?]
   at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.fireUserEventTriggered(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:294) [DefaultChannelHandlerContext.class:?]
   at io.netty.channel.ChannelInboundHandlerAdapter.userEventTriggered(ChannelInboundHandlerAdapter.java:108) [ChannelInboundHandlerAdapter.class:?]
   at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.invokeUserEventTriggered(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:308) [DefaultChannelHandlerContext.class:?]
   at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.fireUserEventTriggered(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:294) [DefaultChannelHandlerContext.class:?]
   at io.netty.channel.ChannelInboundHandlerAdapter.userEventTriggered(ChannelInboundHandlerAdapter.java:108) [ChannelInboundHandlerAdapter.class:?]
   at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.fireUserEventTriggered(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:779) [DefaultChannelPipeline.class:?]
   at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.handshake.NetworkDispatcher.handlerAdded(NetworkDispatcher.java:137) [NetworkDispatcher.class:?]
   at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.callHandlerAdded0(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:484) [DefaultChannelPipeline.class:?]
   at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.callHandlerAdded(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:479) [DefaultChannelPipeline.class:?]
   at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.addBefore0(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:178) [DefaultChannelPipeline.class:?]
   at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.addBefore(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:163) [DefaultChannelPipeline.class:?]
   at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.addBefore(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:153) [DefaultChannelPipeline.class:?]
   at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.handshake.NetworkDispatcher.insertIntoChannel(NetworkDispatcher.java:124) [NetworkDispatcher.class:?]
   at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.handshake.NetworkDispatcher.clientToServerHandshake(NetworkDispatcher.java:129) [NetworkDispatcher.class:?]
   at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.internal.FMLNetworkHandler.fmlClientHandshake(FMLNetworkHandler.java:66) [FMLNetworkHandler.class:?]
   at net.minecraft.client.network.NetHandlerLoginClient.func_147390_a(NetHandlerLoginClient.java:107) [biz.class:?]
   at net.minecraft.network.login.server.S02PacketLoginSuccess.func_148833_a(SourceFile:39) [js.class:?]
   at net.minecraft.network.login.server.S02PacketLoginSuccess.func_148833_a(SourceFile:11) [js.class:?]
   at net.minecraft.network.NetworkManager.channelRead0(NetworkManager.java:113) [ej.class:?]
   at net.minecraft.network.NetworkManager.channelRead0(NetworkManager.java:317) [ej.class:?]
   at io.netty.channel.SimpleChannelInboundHandler.channelRead(SimpleChannelInboundHandler.java:98) [SimpleChannelInboundHandler.class:?]
   at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:337) [DefaultChannelHandlerContext.class:?]
   at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:323) [DefaultChannelHandlerContext.class:?]
   at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.fireChannelRead(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:785) [DefaultChannelPipeline.class:?]
   at io.netty.channel.local.LocalChannel.finishPeerRead(LocalChannel.java:313) [LocalChannel.class:?]
   at io.netty.channel.local.LocalChannel.access$400(LocalChannel.java:43) [LocalChannel.class:?]
   at io.netty.channel.local.LocalChannel$6.run(LocalChannel.java:299) [LocalChannel$6.class:?]
   at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor.runAllTasks(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:354) [SingleThreadEventExecutor.class:?]
   at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:348) [NioEventLoop.class:?]
   at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$2.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:101) [SingleThreadEventExecutor$2.class:?]
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [?:1.8.0_91]
[20:08:17] [Netty Client IO #0/ERROR] [FML]: ChannelRegistrationHandler exception
java.lang.RuntimeException: Timeout waiting for client thread to catch up!
   at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.waitForPlayClient(FMLClientHandler.java:877) ~[FMLClientHandler.class:?]
   at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.fireNetRegistrationEvent(FMLClientHandler.java:886) ~[FMLClientHandler.class:?]
   at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.fireNetRegistrationEvent(FMLCommonHandler.java:590) ~[FMLCommonHandler.class:?]
   at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.handshake.ChannelRegistrationHandler.channelRead0(ChannelRegistrationHandler.java:28) ~[ChannelRegistrationHandler.class:?]
   at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.handshake.ChannelRegistrationHandler.channelRead0(ChannelRegistrationHandler.java:15) ~[ChannelRegistrationHandler.class:?]
   at io.netty.channel.SimpleChannelInboundHandler.channelRead(SimpleChannelInboundHandler.java:98) ~[SimpleChannelInboundHandler.class:?]
   at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:337) [DefaultChannelHandlerContext.class:?]
   at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:323) [DefaultChannelHandlerContext.class:?]
   at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.fireChannelRead(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:785) [DefaultChannelPipeline.class:?]
   at io.netty.channel.embedded.EmbeddedChannel.writeInbound(EmbeddedChannel.java:169) [EmbeddedChannel.class:?]
   at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.handshake.NetworkDispatcher.handleClientSideCustomPacket(NetworkDispatcher.java:274) [NetworkDispatcher.class:?]
   at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.handshake.NetworkDispatcher.channelRead0(NetworkDispatcher.java:202) [NetworkDispatcher.class:?]
   at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.handshake.NetworkDispatcher.channelRead0(NetworkDispatcher.java:47) [NetworkDispatcher.class:?]
   at io.netty.channel.SimpleChannelInboundHandler.channelRead(SimpleChannelInboundHandler.java:98) [SimpleChannelInboundHandler.class:?]
   at io.netty.channel.local.LocalChannel.finishPeerRead(LocalChannel.java:313) [LocalChannel.class:?]
   at io.netty.channel.local.LocalChannel.access$400(LocalChannel.java:43) [LocalChannel.class:?]
   at io.netty.channel.local.LocalChannel$6.run(LocalChannel.java:299) [LocalChannel$6.class:?]
   at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor.runAllTasks(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:354) [SingleThreadEventExecutor.class:?]
   at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:348) [NioEventLoop.class:?]
   at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$2.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:101) [SingleThreadEventExecutor$2.class:?]
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [?:1.8.0_91]
This repeats a lot, and starts occurring almost directly after Aroma starts backing up the server and after it's resumed the server thread.
I think this means that somehow the client timed out on its connection to the internal server - which doesn't quite make sense, unless you consider Aroma's task of backing up a several-gigabyte map right when the server is coming on.

Attachments

• crash-2016-10-23_20.45.21-client.txt
    28.4 KB · Views: 62

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
So you mention 3 of 4 GB of RAM? if your system only has 4GB and you allocate 3GB that is most likely the problem from what I can see in the crashlog

theMineMaster2

Jul 29, 2019
So you mention 3 of 4 GB of RAM? if your system only has 4GB and you allocate 3GB that is most likely the problem from what I can see in the crashlog
Are you saying that I should be allocating less RAM? Most packs don't need all that RAM but this one is pretty large so I was trying to be safe.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, about 3.5GB is what this pack needs and if your system only has 4GB even setting it at 3GB may mean it is running out of memory during loading and your system is going to try to reserve part of your memory to keep itself running so you may not even be able to allocate 3GB without crashing still