[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Potions are another way, he is intended to be harder than the later bosses to get you to think outside the box. Brewcraft has knockback resistance potions for one...

Demolishun

Jul 29, 2019
GreatOrator,
Yeah, I saw a reference to BrewCraft being in the pack for strategy. Someone mentioned absorption, but it adds health to you. So I was confused as to why it was mentioned. I will look at the knockback stuff. I had not seen that before. I tried the sling because I thought maybe this was a David vs Goliath test. Anyway, thanks for the tips.

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
wait, there are knockback potions??? 0_0

welp, i feel dumb now ;-;
It's not clear unless you know or have experimented with brewcraft, which is part of the issue a lot have with the boss.

Another option is the knockback belt from botania, the Tectonic Girdle.

A

AwesomeGamerMC

It's not clear unless you know or have experimented with brewcraft, which is part of the issue a lot have with the boss.

Another option is the knockback belt from botania, the Tectonic Girdle.

and dont forget about witching gadgets and its accessories that prevents knockback... and now im realizing that there are way to many ways to prevent knockback, lol

Demolishun

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm, I tried enabling vanilla crop planting for a couple of reasons. The first is that pipe weed even at 10,10,10 does not return any pipe weed. Second is I wanted to make a rabbit trap for when rabbits come to raid your vanilla crops. However, I cannot seem to make it work. I went into the agricraft Configuration.cfg file and change the line to this:
Code:
B:"Disable Vanilla Farming"=false
This did not seem to do the trick. I still cannot plant potatoes and carrots in the ground.

Demolishun

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm, I tried enabling vanilla crop planting for a couple of reasons. The first is that pipe weed even at 10,10,10 does not return any pipe weed. Second is I wanted to make a rabbit trap for when rabbits come to raid your vanilla crops. However, I cannot seem to make it work. I went into the agricraft Configuration.cfg file and change the line to this:
Code:
B:"Disable Vanilla Farming"=false
This did not seem to do the trick. I still cannot plant potatoes and carrots in the ground.
Apparently you need to enable this on the client side as well. Fairly frustrating, but I got it working.

C

CraMagicka

Hi again, I've been mining for ages both in the overworld and the deep dark but couldnt find any zinc for flaxbeard's steam power soooo I looked into the flaxbeard config and found
B:"Generate End Copper"=false
B:"Generate End Zinc"=false
B:"Generate Nether Copper"=false
B:"Generate Nether Zinc"=false
B:"Generate Overworld Copper"=false
B:"Generate Overworld Zinc"=false
Is there a reason they are disabled or should I enable them because I can't make the Esteemed Inovation book (required for a quest) without zinc ore unless there is another way to get zinc ore I'm unaware of?

Demolishun

Jul 29, 2019
botania orechid should do it, but if you use the draconis map there is zinc in the OW. i found some under the volcano near draconis city. however, having it turned off may or may not affect it. especially if forge is handling ore gen.

Demolishun

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, I have found that I cannot craft the "wood gear set" nor can I craft the "iron gear set". The vanilla table does not give me the option to "switch" to the other recipe. The research table will not accept buildcraft gears either. A lot of the recipes for the machines do, but the AW research table does not. I searched this thread, but did not find any answer that worked.

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, I have found that I cannot craft the "wood gear set" nor can I craft the "iron gear set". The vanilla table does not give me the option to "switch" to the other recipe. The research table will not accept buildcraft gears either. A lot of the recipes for the machines do, but the AW research table does not. I searched this thread, but did not find any answer that worked.
Wood gear set needs to be crafted in the AW crafting table with a book from AW stored in the slot. You also have to have researched the correct knowledge first.

Demolishun

Jul 29, 2019
It could also be the issue that the mod provides support for BC gears to be in all recipes. However, the learning machinery knowledge does not work because that does not use the ore dictionary.

Edit:
I finally gave myself the gears to get passed that research. I can use BC gears for actually building the constructs.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Hi again, I've been mining for ages both in the overworld and the deep dark but couldnt find any zinc for flaxbeard's steam power soooo I looked into the flaxbeard config and found
B:"Generate End Copper"=false
B:"Generate End Zinc"=false
B:"Generate Nether Copper"=false
B:"Generate Nether Zinc"=false
B:"Generate Overworld Copper"=false
B:"Generate Overworld Zinc"=false
Is there a reason they are disabled or should I enable them because I can't make the Esteemed Inovation book (required for a quest) without zinc ore unless there is another way to get zinc ore I'm unaware of?
Ore distribution is handled by cofh, it is there, just rare. all ores are turned off by default everywhere but in the cofh world configs.

I saw you found the reported error, just waiting for a fix since the normal mod that fixes recipe conflicts does not work in the AW table unfortunately

Demolishun

Jul 29, 2019
How do you remove the ATM NPC? The one that you spawn when buying the custom NPC crystal at the bank. I tried killing it and did kill it, but it respawns just like bosses do. I tried a golden lasso, but that just kills it and also puts in in the net, which dupes it. I threw away the net because I was worried it would crash something because it might remember the location it was spawned at.

Also, I wonder if I can place it near a Well of Suffering for infinite LP?

Edit:
I saw you found the reported error, just waiting for a fix since the normal mod that fixes recipe conflicts does not work in the AW table unfortunately
As a temp solution maybe have a vendor sell those gears somewhere. It would be cool to have a AW vendor somewhere. (If there isn't already.)

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
You have to be in creative to remove it and yes, theoretically you could.
This isn't true actually, you left a crafting recipe for the NPC wand, you can right click on them with it and delete it :p
I cannot remember if the others had recipes or not though.

kinmanps

Jul 29, 2019
2016-08-23_09.22.36.png

Not sure what I am doing wrong but I can't complete this quest. Anyone know why or how to fix it.