[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Update v2.9.0 - Mirkwood and the Rise of Angmar is now Live!
  • Mods Updated
    • Carpenter's Blocks
    • Chisel
    • Draconic Evolution
    • Extra Cells
    • Railcraft
    • Refined Relocation
    • Storage Drawers
    • Thaumic Energistics
    • Thaumic Exploration
    • Thermal Dynamics
    • Thermal Foundation
    • TolkienTweaks
    • Wawla
    • Flaxbeard's Wonderous Steam Power
  • Configs Changed
    • Flaxbeard's
    • Various minor tweaks
  • Other Updates
    • Over 300 new CustomNPC quests
    • Over 700 new CustomNPC Dialogs
    • 5 New Major Locations
      • Carn Dum complete redo
      • Mount Gundabad
      • Goblin Caves
      • Thranduil's Halls
      • Nogrod
    • Multiple Minor Locations
      • Forsaken Inn, Woodsmen's Hall, Stonyford and many more!
    • Updates to many of the preexisting locations such as Bree
    • Fixes and tweaks to existing quests
    • Special quests in honor of the Adventure Lads!
    • New milestone feature for even easier travel around the overworld and middle earth! Thanks Brandon!
    • Many areas now have their own theme music! Thanks Sn0wShepherd!

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
ROFL! Before anyone says anything...yes, I left editmode on accidentally (really wish HQM had a better method) but not pushing an entire update for one config...happens when I worked 12 hours straight to make sure this update went out today...go figure

Cntrldfusion

Jul 29, 2019
Having a problem with some of the npc quests under Job Board Overworld, we have a server running 2.9 but this was happening in 2.8 as well, when one person finishes the Malus quest related to Reinforcements, or the Chald quest related to The Bounty, or talks to the ancient guy for The Journey Onward, no one after that can talk to those npc's and get the quest items to complete those quests. So now golem eggs to place in the sewers, no quests from Chald at all, and no key from the ancient guy for finding the hidden room

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
Having a problem with some of the npc quests under Job Board Overworld, we have a server running 2.9 but this was happening in 2.8 as well, when one person finishes the Malus quest related to Reinforcements, or the Chald quest related to The Bounty, or talks to the ancient guy for The Journey Onward, no one after that can talk to those npc's and get the quest items to complete those quests. So now golem eggs to place in the sewers, no quests from Chald at all, and no key from the ancient guy for finding the hidden room
I've been running a 2.8.10 server for 1-2 weeks now and no one has run into that issue.
Is the server default without any changes?
Have you added any mods?
Is it a purely forge server or are there other additions? (like mantle for example.)

@GreatOrator Anything special about updating to 2.9? Assuming some Overworld map changes at least to deal with.

Also I've seen several pack devs forget to disable edit mode in HQM, would be nice to have a toggle command in-game for that instead.

Reactions: GreatOrator

Cntrldfusion

Jul 29, 2019
I've been running a 2.8.10 server for 1-2 weeks now and no one has run into that issue.
Have you added any mods?
Is it a purely forge server or are there other additions? (like mantle for example.)

@GreatOrator Anything special about updating to 2.9? Assuming some Overworld map changes at least to deal with.

Also I've seen several pack devs forget to disable edit mode in HQM, would be nice to have a toggle command in-game for that instead.

Yes the server is default, I just set it up 2 days ago and then i upgraded it to 2.9 last night thinking that might fix the problem but it did not. I havn't added any mods to it. HQM edit mode is set to false, figured that out the other day when the books wouldn't work. So far those 2 npc's are the only problems we've had. Other npc quests work fine, but these 3 which give you a quest related to the hqm quest only worked for the first person that did them and no one else.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Have you added any mods?

Yes the server is default, I just set it up 2 days ago and then i upgraded it to 2.9 last night thinking that might fix the problem but it did not. I havn't added any mods to it. HQM edit mode is set to false, figured that out the other day when the books wouldn't work. So far those 2 npc's are the only problems we've had. Other npc quests work fine, but these 3 which give you a quest related to the hqm quest only worked for the first person that did them and no one else.
As rokuma stated, never seen an issue with CustomNPC's in the nature you described. All quest and dialog data is saved per player so one person completing has no effect on other players, been running a forge server for well over a year and Prospercraft for nearly 2 years and that has never been an issue even running kCauldron.

Yes, I would love a freaking toggle in-game for HQM :p but thankfully pushed out an new update shortly after that fixed it, would not be a release without my editmode still on :p

Cntrldfusion

Jul 29, 2019
As rokuma stated, never seen an issue with CustomNPC's in the nature you described. All quest and dialog data is saved per player so one person completing has no effect on other players, been running a forge server for well over a year and Prospercraft for nearly 2 years and that has never been an issue even running kCauldron.

Yes, I would love a freaking toggle in-game for HQM :p but thankfully pushed out an new update shortly after that fixed it, would not be a release without my editmode still on :p

I have no clue, it just worked for me. I thought about the sequence of the quests. Thought that maybe I needed to have Carnow's hat and medallion on me and go visit the king. Got those items out of the bank and went to the king and he completed a quest which i know it had completed before because i got the same rewards. Then I went to the mage tower and talked to Malus and this time he had a quest for me. I know full well it did not do this yesterday or earlier, but then the first time around I'm pretty sure I had put Carnow's stuff in the bank before I went to see the King. Is that a requirement I guess for this? Also is there a way to see which NPC quests I am on?

Our group is REALLY enjoying your modpack btw. I can't fathom how much time was put in to building all of this.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Well, the medallion is required for one of the quests, one of the reasons I made it a HQM reward so if multiple players are killing carnow they can all get the completion reward. Might have just been that you mis-remembered completing it?

Thank you, and glad you guys are enjoying it! Wait until you get to the major parts of the quests :D in total this pack has been in active development and had at least two major content releases for over two years :D

Side Note:

V2.9.2 has been released to fix two critical crashing issues regarding Draconic Evolution and Extra Cells

Cntrldfusion

Jul 29, 2019
Well, the medallion is required for one of the quests, one of the reasons I made it a HQM reward so if multiple players are killing carnow they can all get the completion reward. Might have just been that you mis-remembered completing it?

Thank you, and glad you guys are enjoying it! Wait until you get to the major parts of the quests :D in total this pack has been in active development and had at least two major content releases for over two years :D

Side Note:

V2.9.2 has been released to fix two critical crashing issues regarding Draconic Evolution and Extra Cells

Yeah, I think I did put that medal in the bank before I turned the quest in to the King originally. Anyway I can now pass along the info about the medal to the others that are stuck. I'm looking forward to doing the Middle Earth content. Although I mistakenly went there early before having a charm of dislocation. Good thing I'm the admin.

Good to know about V2.9.2, unless we start crashing right away I'll hold off until no one's on before I update.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
that'll work, the crashes tend to involve later game mechanics and if you just started may not be major for you yet. And remember, the portal out of middle earth if you go there is in hobbiton :D far away from where you come in (that you can blame on the LotR mod, it lets me set the return spot to the overworld as well as where to put the rturn portal, but will not let me change the spawn location within middle earth)

Michael Hatchard

Jul 29, 2019
Updated to the latest v2.9.1 & started again from the beginning. In the mages tower I no longer can access the the thaumcraft research table & the workbench next to it, & the blood magic altar. The am2 stuff & I think the botania stuff are fine. Says they are the property of the GreatOrator. So don't know if its a bug or is intended to be that way now

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Was intended, sort of. Trying banners to protect things and while they certainly do protect, they tend to be more of a hassle than anti builders were. thinking I am going to go back to the anti builders.

Michael Hatchard

Jul 29, 2019
Was intended, sort of. Trying banners to protect things and while they certainly do protect, they tend to be more of a hassle than anti builders were. thinking I am going to go back to the anti builders.

I wasn't trying to take them, I just wanted to use the items in the tower till I made a new base & set all my own stuff up there.

But figured out after I got home from work that once you have done one of the quests with the mages in the tower you are then able to access the thaumcraft research table & bench next to it.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I wasn't trying to take them, I just wanted to use the items in the tower till I made a new base & set all my own stuff up there.

But figured out after I got home from work that once you have done one of the quests with the mages in the tower you are then able to access the thaumcraft research table & bench next to it.
Oh I know, we were just trying out a new way to protect that was supposedly more player friendly, but unfortunately has been more hassle instead :p

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone have advice on the best way to play this using 2 pc? I want to play with my kid and wondered if setting up a server on one of the computers, or lan would be the best, or if there is away I don't know about. Last, could I get a little help on the advised method on setup? A link would be ok, it just seems like the few I have found are old, or have me pulling my hair out. Thanks in advance:)

I would like to add that I use MultiMC, if that will not work I would be happy with clif notes on the proper way to play with 2 players on 2 Pc's in the same room.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
easiest method...use lan mode on the best of the two pc's then have the other connect directly to your pc's IP on your home network

Thank you. On a side note, I seen that there was another pack in development from the amazing???!!! Well you:) I was wondering if there was a page that can be viewed to fallow said pack? (There's NO doubt in my mind it will be epic!!!)

I keep forgetting to ask, for the added content that can be downloaded for this pack..Where is it located.lol On the map that is. Overworld, etc, and does anyone have coordinates? I have installed them every time I have played this pack, but never once located then, or it.lol

Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Not yet since it is not publicly released...however I do post updates on my twitter if you want to follow me

:D And I hope to have fallcraft be as good or better than tolkiencraft :D

Reactions: RehabOholic