[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

fuzzyray

Jul 29, 2019
I don't see it reported here, but the version of Journeymap included has a bug with waypoint beacons being 180 degrees from where they actually are. From the release notes for the newest version:

Changes in 5.1.1b8:

• Bugfix: Waypoint beacon deltas reversed. Unintentional exploration in the opposite direction commenced.
So if the problem is really annoying to you (like it was for me), upgrade Journeymap to journeymap-1.7.10-5.1.1b8

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
So I've decided to give the pack one last try after a couple failed attempts in the past. Running latest, map download in game worked perfectly (pretty neat trick that is)...

went through the missions successfully till it got to troll but decided to go make a house before I moved on. Spent an hour after tp'ing to find a good spot and started making a base. Then the crashes started.

I've had 8 consecutive crashes (full ctd) all for exact same thing and now pretty much am besides myself cause sometimes it happens when I'm moving fast, sometimes when I'm standing still and because of the nature of the crashes, and the scarcity of info in the logs, I'm that close to abandoning this for fear my machine is just too weak to play the pack.

Description: Exception ticking world entities

java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
at java.util.ArrayList$Itr.checkForComodification(Unknown Source)
at java.util.ArrayList$Itr.next(Unknown Source)
at fastcraft.a.n.a(F:51)
at fastcraft.Hooks.o(F:122)
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72939_s(World.java:1989)
at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72939_s(WorldServer.java:489)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:636)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:111)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
Stacktrace:

Each log starts with this and then spits out just the info on each of the mods installed and exits. Nothing more.

This was a brand new world, well one that came with the pack install. I've set mem to 4gb and it's sticking around 75% most of the time, running java 8.

Anyone else have these issues or did I just get very unlucky in the place I chose to setup camp?

fuzzyray

Jul 29, 2019
So I've decided to give the pack one last try after a couple failed attempts in the past. Running latest, map download in game worked perfectly (pretty neat trick that is)...

went through the missions successfully till it got to troll but decided to go make a house before I moved on. Spent an hour after tp'ing to find a good spot and started making a base. Then the crashes started.

I've had 8 consecutive crashes (full ctd) all for exact same thing and now pretty much am besides myself cause sometimes it happens when I'm moving fast, sometimes when I'm standing still and because of the nature of the crashes, and the scarcity of info in the logs, I'm that close to abandoning this for fear my machine is just too weak to play the pack.

Description: Exception ticking world entities

java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:636)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:111)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
Stacktrace:

Each log starts with this and then spits out just the info on each of the mods installed and exits. Nothing more.

This was a brand new world, well one that came with the pack install. I've set mem to 4gb and it's sticking around 75% most of the time, running java 8.

Anyone else have these issues or did I just get very unlucky in the place I chose to setup camp?

Try removing Fastcraft as that is the mod named in the stack trace. You will possibly experience more lag spikes, but if the crashes go away it and the lag isn't horrible, it would be worth it.

Reactions: GreatOrator

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Try removing Fastcraft as that is the mod named in the stack trace. You will possibly experience more lag spikes, but if the crashes go away it and the lag isn't horrible, it would be worth it.
yeah, problem is that's a bit of a red herring tho. Fastcraft and a couple other mods super-class alot of the functions so that the crashlogs will almost always show it as being a culprit, but again, has a tendency to not be the culprit.

Only one of the logs had a reference towards the end of it that showed perfectspawn having an error, but in essence, perfectspawn is only used when u start a world, but again, it does the same as above, it reroutes all worldgen through it. Thus, it'll always end up in a stack trace.

If I had to ditch fastcraft, the pack itself would be completely unplayable for me, and except for a rare exception/confliction with one mod that I can't recall atm (refuge I think had it in there), I've never had to take fastcraft out of a pack.

Wierd thing is I went chunkgenning for over an hour after I got tp'd by the ancient. Eventually I nei'd me a angel ring (temporarilly) so I could find a good spot and I spent a majority of time flying around looking for a spot. It was only after I settled on the spot (in a desert which is what took me so long to find) and then the crashes started after I was building out the base, no machines, just stone bricks, etc....

edit: For some reason I decided to point the instance at java 8 manually in mmc but every other time I've run tolkien I've done it in java 7. Was getting used to doing it cause of matter overdrive now requiring 8. I might try again with java 7 and see if problems go away.

Surprised Edit2: Ok, no clue. Again, past history is fastcraft works flawlessly, w/o any side issues. One mod (again, can't rem) causes a ctd if fastcraft is added, thus unusable.
I tried numerous things and continued to get crashes so for yucks and giggles, removed fastcraft, and not only did crashes go away but worldgen seems to work a lot faster now w/o it. Not a neophyte here, this is definitely extremely odd. Just to test theory, nei'd a sash + mana and was flying around quite quickly, no errors or anything. I find this odd as hell but not looking gift horse in mouth. Will probably add betterfps but fastcraft will probably have to stay out of pack for once. Lastly, what I said above is true. When these mods (gc, fastcraft, and others) superclass whole functions, they will always show up in stack traces, thus they get finger pointed way too often, but you do get exceptions sometimes.

Last edited:

fuzzyray

Jul 29, 2019
Surprised Edit2: Ok, no clue. Again, past history is fastcraft works flawlessly, w/o any side issues. One mod (again, can't rem) causes a ctd if fastcraft is added, thus unusable.
I tried numerous things and continued to get crashes so for yucks and giggles, removed fastcraft, and not only did crashes go away but worldgen seems to work a lot faster now w/o it. Not a neophyte here, this is definitely extremely odd. Just to test theory, nei'd a sash + mana and was flying around quite quickly, no errors or anything. I find this odd as hell but not looking gift horse in mouth. Will probably add betterfps but fastcraft will probably have to stay out of pack for once. Lastly, what I said above is true. When these mods (gc, fastcraft, and others) superclass whole functions, they will always show up in stack traces, thus they get finger pointed way too often, but you do get exceptions sometimes.

I've had mixed results with Fastcraft, some packs it works flawlessly and is awesome, others I get crashes like you were experiencing. Lately, though I've found I don't need to use it as much as it seems like the updates to Forge have fixed a lot of the FPS issues I used to experience with 1.7.10 packs.

Also I did know it superclasses a lot, but removing it will allow the next thing in line to show up and I have found you can eventually get to the root of the problem if the crashes continue. I wasn't sure of your experience level with mods and Java, so didn't want to get to deep into the guts of things :)

Araneg

Jul 29, 2019
The investigation quest is killing me. I have looked for answers online but can't find them...I go to the room and nothing happens. Can someone please inform me what is going on. I have it finished in the quest book, however the other quest interface says I need to have the staff and scheme...nothing is there.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I've had mixed results with Fastcraft, some packs it works flawlessly and is awesome, others I get crashes like you were experiencing. Lately, though I've found I don't need to use it as much as it seems like the updates to Forge have fixed a lot of the FPS issues I used to experience with 1.7.10 packs.

Also I did know it superclasses a lot, but removing it will allow the next thing in line to show up and I have found you can eventually get to the root of the problem if the crashes continue. I wasn't sure of your experience level with mods and Java, so didn't want to get to deep into the guts of things :)
yeah I played for quite a few hours, setup a base, did machinery, had a lot of slowdowns and fighting mobs is quite happenstance cause of the lag moving around, turning, etc... but no crashes. added betterfps and saw no difference. Some mod must not be very happy with fastcraft being in the mix. Guess I should be happy tho. Zero crashes means at least I can play.

ScoobieBoy

Jul 29, 2019
Tis I again GreatOrator... Having some issues we a restart of the map, doing the Reinforcements quest.
Did the NPC side no problem. all completed there, but the HQM side will not accept that it is done, I have now placed two loads of Golems ;) just to be sure, one set from the HQM soul viles, and the other from the npc ones. There is a manual detect, what is it looking to detect the eggs ( which we no longer get ) or the locations ? I tried manual with the souls, did not work, tried manual at the locations, also did not work.
Any ideas ?

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
So I finally got a similar error and this time it was identical except for the fastcraft which is no longer loaded.

When I look at the regular log (not the crash log), I'm being spammed constantly by these messages:

[16:11:32] [Server thread/INFO]: [atomicstryker.ruins.common.RuinTemplateRule:doSpecialBlock:566]: Ruins Mod could not determine what to spawn for [PreserveBlock] in Ruin template: SailingShip_1v7v10.tml

wondering if my box is just not able to handle the b/w to the log file that these are being created as constant as they are....

Spoo

Jul 29, 2019
I think the IDs in chocobocraft have changed. The spawn egg that the chocobo breeder gives you as a reward for his mini quest (for collecting 64 hay) doesn't work. It also looks like the eggs that he sells are in a different order than before. For example, you can buy a golden much cheeper than a white.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Maybe i have done something wrong - but i have problems with a very early Quest:
Job board overworld - reinforcements.
The Book says "You have been given two very special magical eggs....."
Did not got them. Any suggestions?
I'm having same issue. you don't get the eggs anymore, but instead 2 shards.

does this quest have multiple parts in hqm? if I complete the tab will I lose out on the coords to place the shards?

On a side note, if I wanted to fake the eggs, which type of eggs do they need to be and renamed in an anvil or whatever?

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
another question, unrelated to previous. So while I wait I figured I'd go back to investigation line but while looking up why I couldn't proceed before, I see that you have to talk to guy in hedge maze but at same point, I guess you have to see him for a mage quest as well? Do the investigation and mage quest lines have to be done in certain order cause I'm fairly certain after talking to him that I'll have to kill him.

The investigation quest is killing me. I have looked for answers online but can't find them...I go to the room and nothing happens. Can someone please inform me what is going on. I have it finished in the quest book, however the other quest interface says I need to have the staff and scheme...nothing is there.

What I had to do was look through the book and find the quest and it wanted me to goto a certain location, u get to the location in the room and the hqm will kick in and give u her diary which will then proceed you down the path.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Tis I again GreatOrator... Having some issues we a restart of the map, doing the Reinforcements quest.
Did the NPC side no problem. all completed there, but the HQM side will not accept that it is done, I have now placed two loads of Golems ;) just to be sure, one set from the HQM soul viles, and the other from the npc ones. There is a manual detect, what is it looking to detect the eggs ( which we no longer get ) or the locations ? I tried manual with the souls, did not work, tried manual at the locations, also did not work.
Any ideas ?
so I just did this: placed them on the chiseled blocks which allowed me to find out where to place them, then made a edit book and finished that quest since I tried renaming spawn eggs etc to no avail.

ScoobieBoy

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, placed them on the chiseled blocks no problem ( twice, once for HQM and other for NPC ), and the HQM still does not like it, the NPC is all good.

As for your investigation issues, I have not done it on this update, but on the last build, I followed the greatone's guidance (
) and was able to complete it.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
so I found an ominous woods biome and saw this really bizzarre building gen in front of me, so go around the building and I saw three creepers, flying around as if they were bats. I saved/exited and came back into world to see if it was chunkgen glitching but no, these three creepers have gained the ability to fly. what madness is this? lol

edit: found cave spider / skel spawners in there that made invis phantom spiders (creepy crawlers) and haunted armors (invis skels with armor). whole house was a lagfest but had me giggling.

Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
tons o' text
So, if tyltran is friendly, go talk to elmn on the docks, there are cases something doesn't happen correctly, and especially on a server (you must have command blocks turned on) and elmn can "fix" the friendly boss issue.

As for middle earth, if you are able to enter the temple you can go to middle earth, it is the giant ring in the center.

The idea with tyltran is to only go when you are ready, as he gives you a way out when you kill him and the ancient does in fact warn you to only use the key when you are ready and that the orb is to get back once you leave, it is not a new dimension but a random location in the overworld he sends you to make sure you are not in any of the pregenerated chunks in case the map has an update.

I would suggest the video posted above for hints.

As for the HQM for the reinforcements, it will be fixed, I missed it when making the change from the spawn eggs to the soul shards (sorry) but yes, work around right now is the hqm edit admin book.

The chiseled blocks are in fact the markers I placed on purpose to help with Identifying the proper placement locations
so I found an ominous woods biome and saw this really bizzarre building gen in front of me, so go around the building and I saw three creepers, flying around as if they were bats. I saved/exited and came back into world to see if it was chunkgen glitching but no, these three creepers have gained the ability to fly. what madness is this? lol

edit: found cave spider / skel spawners in there that made invis phantom spiders (creepy crawlers) and haunted armors (invis skels with armor). whole house was a lagfest but had me giggling.
Yeah, that would definitely give me a laugh as well.

Sorry for the late reply, my pc was down for a few days.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
so I just launched my client and got a new msg about update of maps, etc. Are these safe to do w/o losing stuff? Assuming it just updates the areas of the map that we've been told not to build on etc....

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Correct, they only affect the pregenerated areas and if you have stayed out then there will be no worries about updating

on a side note...YAY that feature worked :)

Spoo

Jul 29, 2019
I saw the new map download message, but it wouldn't let me install over my existing world (it wanted me to rename the map to something else). I tried that, but of course that put me back at a fresh start on the docks. I also noticed that the new map complained about blocks missing from harvestcraft on first load.

I just went back to my existing world for the time being.

An unrelated bug is that there are two job board quests for the beekeeper in the quest book.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
The map download will not overwrite existing worlds, that still has to be done manually, as for the harvestcraft items, it will not affect existing worlds