[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
You can also try speaking to the quest giving npc again after elmn if he still is a friend. But if he is aggrod on you, he's not your friend, it is the hitbox like zephyr said

Faene

Jul 29, 2019
Hello again!

Today my CustomNpcs progress was completely wiped. No crash, no error, it just... vanished. But I was able to start the questline again and catch up to where I was without any issues, so it's all good. :)
A couple other things I noticed, the recipe for the Barrel Hammer returns an Iron Battleaxe instead. And the Sojourner's Sash seems to have no effect.
And a suggestion, the two Reder HQM quests could be made into one quest with two parts as a way to prevent people from getting stuck by beating him before turning in the first quest, as the second quest does not unlock untill you do that and so you get no credit for beating Reder.

To everyone that worked on this pack, good job! This is by far the best modpack that I've played. :p

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you! The entire main quest line is being reworked for the next major update as for recipe conflicts, if you use a vanilla crafting table you will see a little arrow, it allows you to switch between recipes when that happens. The sojurner requires a mana tablet in your inventory after the last update or three

Reactions: Rastem88

DarkBrisen

Jul 29, 2019
I dont know if it is a bug or just a derp on my part but if I chop down an tree those logs do not stack with the logs from a reward bag.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I dont know if it is a bug or just a derp on my part but if I chop down an tree those logs do not stack with the logs from a reward bag.
Yeah, that is a holdover from early NBT issues the pack had, Only way to fix all of it (there are several other rewards just like it) would be to redo all items and with 200+ quests now, that is an undertaking to say the least :)

Fallout_12

Jul 29, 2019
I can't seem to find Edoras, I have the most recent content pack but the quest book coordinates don't seem to be in the right spot. Anyway I could get the coordinates of it?

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Just follow the genned path north, it will be there, edoras is at the end of it, in the next update the points on the in-game map will no longer be relevant because of the Fast Travel I implemented

markbloom

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe i have done something wrong - but i have problems with a very early Quest:
Job board overworld - reinforcements.
The Book says "You have been given two very special magical eggs....."
Did not got them. Any suggestions?

Ak_Snowfiend

Jul 29, 2019
I am having a problem with the Blood Magic Questline.
During the quest "Demon Invasion" I am told to enter a portal. The only object resembling a portal nearby is this.
cc1RQce.png

I am assuming the blocks were replaced due to some worldgen error or missing mod resources. Any help you can give me?

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I can assure you it's not like that on my dev server or my single player test, so something had to have changed on your end, is this on a server or single player? if server I would take a look at the level.dat to make sure the server owner is using the correct one for the version of the pack rather than and older one

Ak_Snowfiend

Jul 29, 2019
SP world. It must've been when I downloaded the map from your website, rather that through the Main menu. I'm starting a new map to check. Thanks for the quick reply, and keep up the good work. EDIT The new map has the correct portal blocks. Cheers!

Last edited:

ScoobieBoy

Jul 29, 2019
Hi oh great one...
Got a bit of an issue, trying to create a draconic energy core in the last millennium, and it is crashing the client.
Have uploaded the crash to paste ( http://pastebin.com/FMuaB8sY )
So let me know, I have verified the latest drivers, I have verified the latest release of the tolkiencraft, so am at a loss, about to try and recreate in overworld and also an brand new map.

After some serious googling...
Seems to also be a bug of having youtube open...
So after closing that ( now that I know how to build the multiblock ) I can do a tier 1, but still as soon as I try and add drac blocks or redstone, it crashes.

Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
What version of the pack are you using? That was a bug in DE that was fixed as of the last version or two. If you are using the latest and are not using optifine, please report it at the DE github.

ScoobieBoy

Jul 29, 2019
The tolkien is is 2.7.3, DE is 1.7.10-1.0.2-Snaphot_3. Which according to curse is the latest. And am not using optifine. So DE github it is ;)

----Update----
After some lookin around on the DE github, I used the "Shift Click" method to add the upgrades, so that works. :oops:

Last edited:
Reactions: GreatOrator

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Ladies and gents, v2.8.0 - The Deepening Shadow Update is currently scheduled to be released this thursday/friday (depends on how quickly it is pushed through FTB)! Multiple changes and content additions and updates. Will post a changelog here once the update has been submitted to FTB.