[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Not had that issue myself, I do know that researched is gated behind other research, maybe you have not done other requirements yet? That would be a question to ask at the AW forum.

Korva

Jul 29, 2019
Someone else mentioned that problem a few pages back, but the AW2 people were unable to duplicate it.

Rastem88

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone else having issues with AW and getting "The Wheel" invention done ?
I have all the items, but it will not start :(
Ideas ?

Is it possible that some of the hoppers you are using are HQM quest rewards? I've noticed they don't seem to work. I think it's the nbt data that's borked. Try placing and breaking the hoppers and trying again. If the other blocks came from a reward bag I would try switching those out also.

EDIT:: I had this problem with Iron swords for one of the research steps.
EDIT2:: Just noticed that I was still on 2.7.1, so take that into consideration. My fix should still work if the problem was due to NBT bugginess.

Last edited:

DarkBrisen

Jul 29, 2019
I downloaded the latest update for the pack and I wanted to let you know that I have two kings and two queens in the throne room of Draconis.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
That will be fixed in the next map update, just waiting until we finish a few more things before we release it. should not hurt anything though

Reactions: Rastem88

Rastem88

Jul 29, 2019
When updating to 2.7.3, should one copy the customNPC folder from the newly installed map, or should one follow the instructions in the OP and copy from the ../minecraft/template/customNPC folder?

Rastem88

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you.
Also, should the quest book have reset itself for the most part with this update? I'm assuming it should have due to the huge update.

Eziair.

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

I don't know if anyboady else has said this or if you already know.

You can play the game fine until you get to the 'Brave new realms' in the '1. Welcome to TolkienCraft' part of the quest book. You go into the Temple and port through the Ring but once you hit the Shire your on the roof of a Hobbit pick-nick hut building (x0, z0, y82) and there's no Ring to get back to the town/castle were you start.
you have to followed the path from the hut to Hobbiton and go to x-368, z455,y65 until you find the Ring to get back.

I uninstalled the game twice because I was thinking I had a bad download (FTB) until the 3rd time I just went and followed the path form the hut and had a wonder around Hobbiton before I found the Ring. If you go back your end up back in the Temple but pop through the ring again and your back on the hut roof!

PS I also have the double king/queen.

Apart from that little mishap I'm loving the game, thank you.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Yup, the hut is because of the way minecraft handles spawn points, short of making the hut 10 blocks high, can't make it work any other way, the ring in hobbiton is on purpose. I can adjust the overworld return point but not middle earth as it is hard coded for 0,0 but I wanted the ring where it is. The CustomNPC questline even leads you there. Fully aware of the double monarchs and the next map update has that and a few other issues fixed as far as testing shows. But for the middle earth portal, that is working as designed even if not intended

Eziair.

Jul 29, 2019
Oh ok I was just thinking I'll let you know just in-case the Ring was a bug or something. Thank you for the answer.
Bye

Faene

Jul 29, 2019
Hello!
Is there a way to force the completion of the HQM quest to beat the first boss? I had already beaten him while following the CustomNpcs questline and now I can't fight him again.
Oh, and the reason it didn't complete is because that quest has two parts, with the first part pointing me to the bedrock under a huge desert that's north of Draconis.

Rastem88

Jul 29, 2019
Hello!
Is there a way to force the completion of the HQM quest to beat the first boss? I had already beaten him while following the CustomNpcs questline and now I can't fight him again.
Oh, and the reason it didn't complete is because that quest has two parts, with the first part pointing me to the bedrock under a huge desert that's north of Draconis.

You can, but I would advise against cheaty stuff. He should respawn within 24 hours ( I think).
Type "/hqm edit" without quotes to get a cheat HQM book. The book comes with instructions when you open it.

Reactions: Faene

Faene

Jul 29, 2019
You can, but I would advise against cheaty stuff. He should respawn within 24 hours ( I think).
Type "/hqm edit" without quotes to get a cheat HQM book. The book comes with instructions when you open it.

Thank you! I waited for him to respawn at first, and he did. But then I could not fight him, he just ignored me as I tried beating him up with my sword and he took no damage at all even though I could see the critical messages popping up.

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you! I waited for him to respawn at first, and he did. But then I could not fight him, he just ignored me as I tried beating him up with my sword and he took no damage at all even though I could see the critical messages popping up.
This might have been fixed since I went to beat up the first boss, but in the past, the HQM was happy with you being close to his lair, and opening up the rest of the book.
If you're still having issues with faction, talk to Elmn the dockworker or Merideth the cook in the castle, who decided to take a change of profession.
They should get you set right, I think.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Hello!
It was brought to my attention that the location in HQM was wrong, will be fixed in the next update, sorry about that.

Sumanic

Jul 29, 2019
This is such a long thread and i dont know if someone mentioned it befor but if i try to kill the Troll Boss i cant hit him...
What do i need to do to kill him?

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
This is such a long thread and i dont know if someone mentioned it befor but if i try to kill the Troll Boss i cant hit him...
What do i need to do to kill him?
1. Is 'troll in da hood' Custom NPC quest active? If it is, you should be able to attack him.
2. If 1 is false, go talk to Elmn, and select 'you can help me with a quest?' or something, and see about the bosses being your friends. He can reset your factions.
3. If 1 is true, his hitbox is strange, but you can smack him with a frying pan if needed.

4. You need a fast weapon and to back him into a corner. Also wearing a tectonic girdle or using a knockback resistance potion is handy because his weapon has 2x knockback and it hurts.