[1.7.10] The Sky is the Limit [291 Mods] [stable] [sidequests] [alternated balancing]

DracoScythem

Jul 29, 2019
LC and GSG are in fact 'similar' (the former is based off the latter, as in - Gregs SGCraft was forked at some point to create LanteaCraft) - so yes share most features - although they will no longer work exactly the same after the rework we're doing on them :p
(They are kinda like 'the one exception' to feature redundancy - although the reason being mostly that LC is planned to be used in the Map at some point whilst GSG Stargates are meant to be creatable [they also no longe have the issue of a +-647 dimensions Limit causing issues on Servers that allow the use of MystCraft to full extent])
GrowthCraft (CE) is, at least in my opinion, a great mod to use for just general farming-/crop-related stuff. But mods like Forestry and Pams HarvestCraft go much farther than it does. In fact I don't think it has any feature not already existant in some form (don't quote me on that one though). Things like detailed crops would also probably fall into AgriCrafts department ;)
Necromancy... when it originally came out I thought it was extremely cool... well until I had 10 corrupted world-saves in one single afternoon. And as far as I recall many of those issues were never fixed. (Although now it only causes normal crashes). You're also right that with the fact that it hasn't recieved updates for over a year now (AtomicStryker has completely abandoned 1.7, so definitely no patches coming up anymore).
RTT is completely Client-Sided and would probably only be of use for few people (who can just install it manually with ~5 mouse clicks) (should we run an official server it would use english as its' 'official' language anyways - relying on online-translation most likely wouldn't end well).
TabbyChat might (and probably will) be included at some point - going through the List of LiteLoader Mods is on our agenda^^
DefenseTech (which in itself is a great mod) unfortunately relies on Mekansim, a Mod that was included in the origina v1, but removed during the rework, for balancing reasons. We have been discussing a possible re-addition multiple times until the Mekanism 9 Patch came out and... well... not a single one of us (including our testers) supported it nearly as much afterwards...

Dang it! And there I thought I had caught the last misspellings before publishing the first snapshot >.< Thanks for the info :D

MandM635

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, im done with suggestions :p. And just for clarification, are you creating a custom map or doing fancy generation stuff? Also, was surprised to see OreSpawn included, I have had issues with it before, like extreme lag in the crystal dimension so is it being fully implemented?

DracoScythem

Jul 29, 2019
There will be a custom map alongside some fancy world-gen :D
And OreSpawn is only included 'for the lulz' - there won't be full support for it and it won't be integrated into the packs structure, as it is far to unstable to reliably use in such a way.
So... it is mainly there to make sure the 'citchen-sink-pack' and 'crazycraft' comments keep coming - they're very amusing sometimes ^^
(Just joking... I personally like it quite alot as do many others, so I wanted to make it available. Unfortunately it causes to much problems to be an integral part of the pack, so it's disabled by default [and one might have to adjust some IDs... last time I checked them was before BoP was added])

DracoScythem

Jul 29, 2019
BoP has been added in our development build and will thus be included in the next release (or snapshot - though we didn't plan on having to release another one); The spreadsheet always only represents the state of the currently latest public build (we will probably make legacy lists avaible for v2.x after it's completed... assuming the corresponding note doesn't get lost) - the List for the InDevBuild is private (for quite obvious reasons... it sometimes changes multiple times a day and also is being used for random notes regarding scripts/configs) :)

B

bladebump

when can we test v2.x ? I like this modpack. Are you make serverfile?sorry,i am chinese. my english is week.

DracoScythem

Jul 29, 2019
when can we test v2.x ? I like this modpack. Are you make serverfile?sorry,i am chinese. my english is week.

There currently is a (not exactly up-to-date with our development builds but working nonetheless) snapshot of v2 available, named 1.10.0.2 :)
(Just a fair warning: Part of its' configuration is incomplete, very few MT Scripts are active and it's missing Quests as well as the Map [that is currently in the workss] - naming it a 'feature-incomplete demo' would probably be more appropriate than calling it a true snapshot; It also wasn't designed for actual survival runs as all worldsaves will break with the 'true' v2 Update)

harrylipwig

Jul 29, 2019
I updated to newest version and I am getting 100% cpu usage. I have all the same settings I had before and am getting less than half the frames and my tps is garbage. Any idea as to what might be going on?

DracoScythem

Jul 29, 2019
I assume 'newest Version' is referring to a 1.10 build ([pre-]snapshot of v2)?
In that case it's probably being caused by some heavy worldgen and (if your world is newly generated) Mystcraft profiling going on.
What are your specs? Also any difference between 'Default' and 'Realistic' WorldGen Settings?

A

angyalalex

Hi,
so i successfully crast down the modpack i now i cant go bact to my map, somebody can tell me that is the source of the crash?

Attachments

• crash-2017-02-17_10.10.59-client.txt
    45.3 KB · Views: 121
  • crash-2017-02-22_17.03.41-server.txt
    42.7 KB · Views: 120

DracoScythem

Jul 29, 2019
That's an OutOfMemory crash (during Resource/Texture Loading if I'm not mistaken). You can try to assign more RAM, or - what I'd recommend - wait until the next Version is released. 1.10.x was a prototype uploaded over half a year ago and many things have changed (it can now run with 3-3.5GB of RAM if nessecary for example).
Are you running any Texture-, Sound- or Resourcepacks? I remember that snapshot being extremely Memory-hungry but it did defenitely run with 6G...

A

angyalalex

I don't use any Texture-, Sound- or Resourcepack, and i give 6.5GB RAM to the minecraft, and i have 8G max RAM (the win 10 ist need to live on something to).

S

ShadAcinonyx

Hey there,
mind me asking how is the progress on version 2 going?
My friends and I are still hyped and looking forward to v2 of the best modpack there is :D
Have a nice day,
Shadac

Reactions: Timo50

DracoScythem

Jul 29, 2019
mind me asking how is the progress on version 2 going?
Quite well actually, the Map is about 50-70% done, scripts/configuration is almost (~90%) finished. Only the quests (and the lore, most of which only needs a little bit more refinement) to go :)
does this work in MP?
Although I wouldn't recommend running the v2 snapshots on a server and v1 became a performance nightmare after ~ 11 weeks on our development server back in the days, yes the pack does run on servers.
Just remember to remove client-only mods (defaultkeys, liteloader, damageIndicator) on the server side. Also KCauldron WILL cause massive problems (most likely even startup-crashes) and I (like most modders) can't offer any kind of support for Thermos (most, if not all BukkitForge server bases are likely not to work)

Warimano

Jul 29, 2019
My TCon pickaxe isn't getting its mining level upgraded (flint pickaxe head, wooden binding, bone rod) and it's currently skill level:master. Also i cant use mob heads to upgrade the mining level and i've tried both zombie and skeleton heads. I recall there being a mob head that increased the mining level to tin when i played it before but I can't find it in NEI.

I play on the 1.10.0.2 snapshot and i really like it with just a couple of uneducated(?) pointers/questions: 1.Are plants growing slower in the pack? 2. Maybe tone down the amount of skeletons that spawn from your gravestone, or do they only spawn from them if the lightlevel allows it? 3. Is the Iguana progression bugged or is it config issues that makes it so my pick doesn't get increased mining level and only gets extra modification slots rather than random modifications? 4. Is there a reason for allowing multiple mods to spawn the same ore, for example both forestry and thermal foundation copper spawning?

Really cool that you're making a huge pack like this though, keep it up o/

DracoScythem

Jul 29, 2019
My TCon pickaxe isn't getting its mining level upgraded (flint pickaxe head, wooden binding, bone rod) and it's currently skill level:master. Also i cant use mob heads to upgrade the mining level and i've tried both zombie and skeleton heads. I recall there being a mob head that increased the mining level to tin when i played it before but I can't find it in NEI.

I play on the 1.10.0.2 snapshot and i really like it with just a couple of uneducated(?) pointers/questions: 1.Are plants growing slower in the pack? 2. Maybe tone down the amount of skeletons that spawn from your gravestone, or do they only spawn from them if the lightlevel allows it? 3. Is the Iguana progression bugged or is it config issues that makes it so my pick doesn't get increased mining level and only gets extra modification slots rather than random modifications? 4. Is there a reason for allowing multiple mods to spawn the same ore, for example both forestry and thermal foundation copper spawning?
Plants are indeed growing slower, that behaviour can be changed in HungerOverhauls config if you desire so (atm plants take about ~4 times as long to grow fully compared to vanilla).
Skeletons from Gravestones *should* respect default spawning rules - if you wish to, you can change the spawnrate in the OpenBlocks config.
IguanaTweaks was configured to no longer give random modifications and award more extra modifiers instead - part of it is a result of a few cases of high-tier tools (Bedrock-Alloy, Awakened Draconium, ...) being crippled by Smite enchantments, otherwise it prevents enchantments like Silktouch from interfering with Quests.
Forestry ores spawning was an oversight on my side that has since been fixed... no reason for multiple versions of the same ore to exist (especially after the time it took to unify recipes to one kind, even with the help of UniDict), still thanks for the heads-up :)
Are you absolutely sure the Mining Level doesn't change (as in: hasn not changed even once)? If so that would indeed be a major bug... although it did defenitely work the last 'betaing' session... Mobheads should defenitely be working too... I'll try to take a deeper look into that...

DracoScythem

Jul 29, 2019
:eek: I'm working on it! *hides again*

Still, I could at least give you something...

75d5da6a7e644f268b74b0c8151ffde5.png

Yes that's a recreation/reimagination of the Fusion Reactor from GregTech 2.90h (which is the Version used in the last release of FTB Ultimate)
...one of the things that've been literally taking up weeks due to some detailwork not working as smooth as expected (very few things ever do)

Also, if everything goes well I might be able to get a new Snapshot uploaded within a month :)
(Just hoping it doesn't end like my hopes of having one up till christmas...)

Last edited: