[1.7.10] The Sky is the Limit [291 Mods] [stable] [sidequests] [alternated balancing]

DracoScythem

Jul 29, 2019
Hi nice pack, really balanced
Just wanted to say that if you search for uses of bronze in nei it crashes

Thanks for the info^^ (interestingly enough bronze was the only item I could reproduce it with, so just avoid pressing U while hovering over it for now), will be fixed in the next update (though that could take a while as the chances for that already being v2 are relatively high atm)

G

Gabronog

Hi again now I am crashing everytime I open my inventory :/
I am not exactly sure what I search in nei I think ender I am not sure

Attachments

• crash-2016-06-09_19.50.40-client.txt
    56.3 KB · Views: 88

DracoScythem

Jul 29, 2019
Hi again now I am crashing everytime I open my inventory :/
I am not exactly sure what I search in nei I think ender I am not sure

Crash is known (and fixed in a newer version of ChromatiCraft).
Manually updating CC *should* fix it. (I wouldn't recommend you to wait for a pack update as that could take a while, due to the whole overhauled (partially storyline-bound) progrssion tree being wip atm.)
Again thanks for the info ^^

DracoScythem

Jul 29, 2019
The modpack wont load for me, it stops at 71% for Iguana Tinker Tweaks.

Iguana Tweaks takes 1-5 mins (depending on your system, 2 for most) to load due to it logging and modifying every single material and tool in the game. Just give it some time ;)

T

TheTaylorLuke

So are their guests? I loaded up the modpack and there are no quests in the menu.

DracoScythem

Jul 29, 2019
So are their guests? I loaded up the modpack and there are no quests in the menu.

If you had read the full OP you would know that 1.10 is a snapshot for 2.0 wich doesn't contain any storyline, quests or map as they are still under construction.
All tags etc. correspond to the 1.5 version (wich is the latest 1.x version)

T

TheTaylorLuke

If you had read the full OP you would know that 1.10 is a snapshot for 2.0 wich doesn't contain any storyline, quests or map as they are still under construction.
All tags etc. correspond to the 1.5 version (wich is the latest 1.x version)
1st of all, there's no need to be a condescending asshole because of a question. Secondly, the original post does NOT say that. In fact, the only thing it says regarding that is "WARNING: V1.10 is a snapshot for V2.0!
It is not compatible with world saves created in prior versions." That in no way says that 1.10 or 2.0 does not contain any storyline, quests or maps. I apologize if I come off as a little abrasive, but having a modpack creator fail to put information in their forum post, and then be condescending when responding to a question from a player, is incredibly aggravating.

DracoScythem

Jul 29, 2019
1st of all, there's no need to be a condescending asshole because of a question. Secondly, the original post does NOT say that. In fact, the only thing it says regarding that is "WARNING: V1.10 is a snapshot for V2.0!
It is not compatible with world saves created in prior versions." That in no way says that 1.10 or 2.0 does not contain any storyline, quests or maps. I apologize if I come off as a little abrasive, but having a modpack creator fail to put information in their forum post, and then be condescending when responding to a question from a player, is incredibly aggravating.

Sorry if I seemed hostile that wasn't my intention (though your comment isn't really much friendlier and you obviously didn't even bother writing quests correctly).
Also, yes we could have been a little more precise, but we thought it would've been wasted time to explain every single detail (we also have a real life and writing a custom mod already takes a lot of time) - expecting quests, storylines or maps would expect a somewhat finished whole (wich a snapshot defenitely not is). Also I, for one, expect people to read some of the prior posts before complaining about anything to avaoid duplicates. Your question would've been answered more detailed had you read the prior page of posts (wich would've taken aprox. 1 minute at most). Also, reading the InLauncher pack description would've given you the same answer.
So, yes we could've been a little bit clearer in the op and I should've probably not written an answer after 17h without any sleep - on the other hand you could've been a little bit less lazy and and you would've gotten that info ;)

DracoScythem

Jul 29, 2019
Hows it going on?

Quite well actually; The custom mod is nearing completion (I should get it finished in 1-3 days), the ITT configs have been moved to MT Scripts (halves loading time on some systems), ProjectEs balancing is done (yay, for 600 lines of scripts) and the Story- and TechTree outlining is done - now onto building the rest of the map, getting the quests integrated and adjusting some more recipes (And of course, beta testing).
We might release another snapshot later this week, but that's not for sure. Also I can't give even the slightest hint of an ETA - it's a lot to do and we'd like to wait with any official release until everything is cleaned up (when looking back now, the whole v1.x series was quite unpolished and I for one would prefer not to repeat that). ;)

Reactions: Timo50

Timo50

Jul 29, 2019
The more polished, well configures and clean playable, the better! :) i hope you will get it done soon :D

D

Doodle927

Can't wait for this, this seems to have all my favorite mods! I'm excited!

DracoScythem

Jul 29, 2019
The Packs Structure (as in: the Modlist) is (not counting 2-3 yet undecided entries) completed. Along with that the balancing/reworking of the progression tree is for about 50% done (most of the really annoyingly complex stuff like ProjectE is out of the way though). The custom mod, now officially named TechOverload (took two weeks to decide the name :D ), is about 99% done (only possible last-minute-changes to be done now). The maps basic layout is finished, though the Quest-Tree going along with it (and thus part of its design) is still very much WIP. So if I had to give an ETA - if we're really lucky we could get it done around Christmas, if we're not... well... there's a reason I practically never give ETAs ;) (Hopefully doesn't happen^^)

Regarding Galacticraft... it was proposed multiple times by various people, but it simply doesn't fit the 'Theme' of the pack. Also it causes various issues with some mods and mechanics, so that will most likely never happen, sorry.

Last edited:

MandM635

Jul 29, 2019
Any reason why AromaBackup isnt installed. I havent been able to play the pack yet(on vacation), so im not sure if another backup mod is installed but with a pack like this with so many mods there really should be a backup mod.

EDIT: I see that this is included in v2 so never mind :p. And is this relevant? https://mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/226115-squidless One more thing... would just Flans mod guns be possible to add? Without the buggy vehicles and stuff.

Last edited:

DracoScythem

Jul 29, 2019
Squids don't impact the pack at all (at least from what I could observe while doing some Worldgen profiling with Opis), so something like Squidless shouldn't be nessescary (also it is meant to be used as a Server-Plugin, not as a Mod, judging from its' description).
Flans, again, not really in the Packs scope - they would be a niche-filler nobody ever uses (bows from TCon/Draconic are much more powerful, as are almost all magic-based ranged weapons/spells).
Also, Flans is just about the absolute Nightmare of anyone running a Server... and the sheer amount of mods will already be enough to repulse most Server-Owners/-Admins. (Don't really want this to be practically server-incompatible like v1 was...)

MandM635

Jul 29, 2019
Lol I get it, keep up the good work! I feel dumb asking all this but what about GrowthCraft Community Edition? It adds lots of fun things like brewing and some detailed crops. Necromancy is also a cool one though I'm not sure if it is still being updated. I don't know about this one as it might be a little too out there for this pack but DefenseTech is pretty neat, it's ICBM's replacement. I'm not sure if this would be a problem but if there is ever an official server, or any server, the RealTimeTranslation mod might be useful to have installed by default, it translates foreign messages in chat and lets you translate your own chat into another language for someone else to see. I don't know if it will work with TabbyChat(can't remember if that mod is included).

BTW Jurney map is spelled wrong on the modlist :p And you have LanteaCraft and the Stargate mod both listed but don't they do the same thing?

Last edited: