[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Question, is there a problem with TC's hungry nodes in this pack? I found one that tears up terrain, but it doesn't suck in blocks. As a result I can't feed it to make it larger.

J

JericoHardstyle

Is there a way to remove the "Can only be crated with equal values" tooltip thingy as it takes up alot of space on my inventory screen?

Chinthor

Jul 29, 2019
The problem is not in the FMC value line. It is in the next two. Two lines that appear on ~3/4 of all items but I only needed to be told once. And they're long enough to cause problems. It it is not obvious, my mouse is hovering over my inventory farthest upper right slot that holds vanilla torches. Some items have a bit more tool tip data, made worse again by those two lines.

2016-10-16_17.53.50.png

Reactions: Odovbold

Kairee

Jul 29, 2019
Question, is there a problem with TC's hungry nodes in this pack? I found one that tears up terrain, but it doesn't suck in blocks. As a result I can't feed it to make it larger.

Looks like in TFB, hungry nodes' hungryness is turned off by default, ref config/thaumcraft.cfg

# Negative nodes like hungry, tainted or dark nodes will have additional, much nastier, effects.
B:hard_mode_nodes=false

Set that to true, restart, and your node should be hungry again. It will hunger for your SOUL.

J

JericoHardstyle

Ye Chinthor, thats the crap. Its alot of infomation to have on almost every item whem we could be told once or have it in the one of the quest books.

Felipe Oyabu

Jul 29, 2019
Caigan, about my problem with the quest book(the reset problem remember? ^^''), there's some solution? if has, can i use it? i really miss to play the mod pack =(

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
am wondering if its just bad luck or if there are no mob souls.
Pretty sure just bad luck, I've gotten one or two during testing.

can i keep my world and update this?
If you are using the curse launcher, you can use the interface to directly update mods. It 'shouldn't' cause issue. Otherwise you'll need to go to the curseforge pages for Better Questing and the Standard Expansion and download the latest 1.7 version.

That aspect of the hungry nodes was disabled by heavy request. You can re-enable it in the thaumcraft configs (I believe it is named hard_mode_nodes or similar?) if you want.

Is there a way to remove the "Can only be crated with equal values" tooltip thingy as it takes up alot of space on my inventory screen?
jgVDyGA.png

Top is old, bottom is new tooltip

Caigan, about my problem with the quest book(the reset problem remember? ^^''), there's some solution? if has, can i use it? i really miss to play the mod pack =(
I have not been able to find a solution and very few seem to have the problem to the same level you do. The next update might fix it with all the changes, but I can't guarantee it. It isn't in a state ready for testing yet, unfortunately.

Mogymog

Jul 29, 2019
Okk.. so, I'm having a problem with the combining of the Goods SUpply Crates. I have 3 of them, 2 are 300 points, and 1 is 400 points. I can't combine them, even though they equal 1000 points, and the description says to combine them with other supply crates between 100 to 500 points.. As well, as I can't box up enchanted books, which are worth 1000 points.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Okk.. so, I'm having a problem with the combining of the Goods SUpply Crates. I have 3 of them, 2 are 300 points, and 1 is 400 points. I can't combine them, even though they equal 1000 points, and the description says to combine them with other supply crates between 100 to 500 points.. As well, as I can't box up enchanted books, which are worth 1000 points.
only certain combinations of values can be directly put together (check nei for uses), u could craft the down some crates into 100 point crates then craft up to 1000

not being able to crate enchanted books does sound like a bug

Reactions: Pyure

Mogymog

Jul 29, 2019
only certain combinations of values can be directly put together (check nei for uses), u could craft the down some crates into 100 point crates then craft up to 1000

not being able to crate enchanted books does sound like a bug

Oook.. 3rd question, how do you craft down a crafte then? As I said.. seems like even after reading and following the ingame instructions on things, it seems like half this stuff just never wants to do anything.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I had no idea. This had always totally stumped me too, I thought maybe it was something to do with the TYPE of goods or something. Thanks for clarifying.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I have 3 of them, 2 are 300 points, and 1 is 400 points. I can't combine them
only certain combinations of values can be directly put together (check nei for uses)
I had no idea. This had always totally stumped me too, I thought maybe it was something to do with the TYPE of goods or something. Thanks for clarifying.
Actually, its because in redoing the combination recipes a few updates ago, I missed a handful of them. Already added this one into the next update and if I have time I'll recheck all the combinations. Sorry for the inconvenience!

As well, as I can't box up enchanted books, which are worth 1000 points.
Hmm, I just tested this locally and I can box up enchanted books. Going to test further, letting auto enchanters go for a variety of enchanted books to test them.

Reactions: Zoriac and Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Actually, its because in redoing the combination recipes a few updates ago, I missed a handful of them. Already added this one into the next update and if I have time I'll recheck all the combinations. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Awesome, thanks Caigan. No inconvenience; my ferret world is on hold pending the next update (whether its 2016 or 2017 or whatever). Drooling anticipation here however.

Reactions: Zoriac and An0nymuS

Mogymog

Jul 29, 2019
I tried that down crafting them, but it only seems to work on ones that are 2000 and above, into 1000 boxes. so either my servers completely borked or has to do with the things Caigan said..

As for the Enchanted books, yeah, it started working, I don't know what I did or didn't do. Tried to box them up and it wouldn't give me any output, a few hours later I tried and they boxed up fine, so I haven't a clue.

hector212121

Jul 29, 2019
There's a bit of a problem with betterquesting--when I do a rf task, it constantly resets the quest book. Not as in I lose any progress, but I can't change page of reward/requirement or scroll the bar because it keeps moving to the first page/very top. Very annoying.

Edit:How about making a crate machine that automatically breaks items down into FMC, then you can put in crates to pull out single large crates? I *HATE* making 100 crates to get 1 100k crate. It's not even that it's a lot of resources, it's just....why? Why so many crates to get a single crate? I mean, clearly you CAN fit more into a single crate(see compressed cobblestone) so it's like you're specifically choosing to NOT fill it fully. What kind of crate can only fit 2 pieces of lapis?(or, well, 8 if you craft them into blocks, BUT STILL)

Edited edit:Also, maybe consider letting bags be alloy smelted IF you have one of the exchange rates that divides evenly into 50(that is, 10 or 5)

Last edited:

Mogymog

Jul 29, 2019
Ok.. since Draconium ore is disabled. How do you get it? I've looked in in all the ferret books, and there is no where to buy it from what I've seen... So yeah, is there like some page that hasn't been made visible yet or something?

joshwoo70

Jul 29, 2019
Ok.. since Draconium ore is disabled. How do you get it? I've looked in in all the ferret books, and there is no where to buy it from what I've seen... So yeah, is there like some page that hasn't been made visible yet or something?
you wait/trade until you have the required amount of trader chits.

sent from a phone using tapatalk.

Reactions: Everlasting2