[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Lharoi

Jul 29, 2019
is it normal for the better questing to have random letters squeezed into the text?

*edit*
whoa.. how do i make the image a thumbnail?
its way to large, sorry about that :oops:

110c1ty.jpg

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I have a question I can't seem to work out the answer for. I have 200k shipping crate and I can't work out how to submit it. I tried the SAG mill but it won't go in there. I don't see any quests for it either, the quest book seems to only go up to 100k. What am i missing?
When rebuilding and restructuring FMC values and the questbooks, I either forgot to add, or accidentally deleted stuff to do with the 200k shipping crates.

For now, all you can do is either hold onto them, or cheat in 100k replacements for them until next update.

Added a section to the github for FMC and Supply/Demand issues. (Already on the Trello board)

is it normal for the better questing to have random letters squeezed into the text?
This is a known issue on Better Quest's side, but don't know when it will be fixed. There's no real easy workaround on our end for it.

Added it to the BQ Issues section on github to explain and link to references. I won't be adding much more color/bold etc text to the questlines until its fixed.

whoa.. how do i make the image a thumbnail?
Unsure, but you could always hide the image behind a Spoiler (when writing/editing a post, the button to the left of the Save icon). =)

T

Titorz

Hello Caigan,

I don't know if it was reported before but i'm having an issue with the RF repetable quest.

The quest that we send RF is completed (i don't know why, i never choosed that one, was automatic) and when i claim the reward the quest still completed. That means i can get tons of coins completing just one time and hitting "claim".

I tried to delete the HQM file in config but didn't reset.

suprra

Jul 29, 2019
Hello Caigan,

I don't know if it was reported before but i'm having an issue with the RF repetable quest.

The quest that we send RF is completed (i don't know why, i never choosed that one, was automatic) and when i claim the reward the quest still completed. That means i can get tons of coins completing just one time and hitting "claim".

I tried to delete the HQM file in config but didn't reset.

Try doing the firmware update quest, I had a similar issue with another quest and that fixed it

A

Aeliy

Greetings everyone. I have no bugs to report as of now, mainly because I started playing just about a week ago. But I was really interesting if knowing if there was any official or community server for the modpack. I haven't seen a so heavy modpack before. So, anyone? even if just a group in EvolveHQ.

ps: Caigan you should make a video when you release the 0.21 version, also, will removing Matter Overdrive corrupt the current worlds? due to it having 2 ores.

joshwoo70

Jul 29, 2019
Greetings everyone. I have no bugs to report as of now, mainly because I started playing just about a week ago. But I was really interesting if knowing if there was any official or community server for the modpack. I haven't seen a so heavy modpack before. So, anyone? even if just a group in EvolveHQ.

ps: Caigan you should make a video when you release the 0.21 version, also, will removing Matter Overdrive corrupt the current worlds? due to it having 2 ores.
1. Yes there is a offical server. IP : tfb.miles.scot
we do also have a discord channel that can be found in caigan's signature. (and probably mine too.)
2. (leaves it to caigan)

sent from a phone using tapatalk.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
This is an odd bug that crops up sometimes and not sure what triggers it.

Do the Firmware Reset quest in the Initial Quest page, that might fix it. If not, check this Github page for instructions on how to find and reset a specific quest.

But I was really interesting if knowing if there was any official or community server for the modpack.
There isn't an official one, but there are some unofficial servers around.

I probably should, I didn't do a video for 0.2.0.

And no, you'll just have pockets of air where Matter Overdrive ores once were. (same with blocks and stuff, so if your base is made with MO blocks, change them out before the update).

Yes there is a offical server
That's an unofficial server =P

joshwoo70

Jul 29, 2019
woops. thanks caigan for correcting me. always keep forgetting it is an unofficial one

sent from a phone using tapatalk.

Thornstromb

Jul 29, 2019
So yeah. me and my freinds are having fun in 0.2.0 (current version on curse), but i have to ask if i should be getting reputation?
im at least pretty sure i should be gettign Job Rep, and using scoreboard list shows all three tracks as "dummy" type, but if i try to ask for my score or display them it just says they don't exist. and if this version is supposed to use the tracks in the HQM book those arent working either. am i just doing it wrong, or is something bugged and im not gettign how to fix it?
Specifically, "/scoreboard objectives setdisplay sidebar Job_Reputation" says no such objective exists.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
So yeah. me and my freinds are having fun in 0.2.0 (current version on curse), but i have to ask if i should be getting reputation?
im at least pretty sure i should be gettign Job Rep, and using scoreboard list shows all three tracks as "dummy" type, but if i try to ask for my score or display them it just says they don't exist. and if this version is supposed to use the tracks in the HQM book those arent working either. am i just doing it wrong, or is something bugged and im not gettign how to fix it?
Specifically, "/scoreboard objectives setdisplay sidebar Job_Reputation" says no such objective exists.
HQM tracks were left in on accident and do not actually track reputation anymore. Sorry for the confusion!

The setdisplay command will not work in the current version, due to an issue with how BQ is using the scoreboard name fields. It basically keeps the space in when registering the score, so its listed as "Job Reputation" instead of Job_Reputation.

Unfortunately, that means any command that relies on listing a specific objective name will not work. this includes set, add, remove, etc.

The next update already has a fix for it in place. For now, you'll only be able to list all three tracks for a player via /scoreboard players list playername

tofuturkey

Jul 29, 2019
I'm wondering if there is a recommended Let's Play or walkthrough of this modpack. I like to watch a let's play on my second monitor while playing. Any suggestions?

Z

Zoriac

I'm wondering if there is a recommended Let's Play or walkthrough of this modpack. I like to watch a let's play on my second monitor while playing. Any suggestions?

I've been looking for the same thing. Sadly, I haven't come across any that I enjoy watching yet.

Attifyon

Jul 29, 2019
Until the whole "reading and saving at the same time" bug BetterQuesting has gets fixed I've made a backup of my save and the modpack and am currently playing without BetterQuesting and related addons.
I don't know if this is intentional or not but I got an [Extra Utilities Blind Bag Series C 1] from an [EnderIO Master Good Blind Bag], thought I'd post about it since they're different mods and this seems somewhat unintentional, even moreso considering I got 64 Colored Bricks from it and was hoping for something like a Staff of Traveling :(

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Any suggestions?
There are a bunch, though mostly of older versions of the pack. Folks like Raetac and others you can find linked in the first post, and more current/still running series like GreatOrator and the Society of Squirrels have recordings of their multiplayer streams every other week or so.

I don't know if this is intentional or not but I got an [Extra Utilities Blind Bag Series C 1] from an [EnderIO Master Good Blind Bag],
Added to trello and github.

Attifyon

Jul 29, 2019
What's the fastest/most reliable way to input silver coins and exchange tokens into the SAG Mill? I've been using SFM and it can't really keep up with how fast a SAG Mill with an Octadic Capacitor can burn through them, so my system is slower than it should've been.

On a side note I love how you can use a Cardboard Box from Mekanism to transport aura nodes, and how it basically requires zero progression since you get a SAG mill almost right off the bat.

Thornstromb

Jul 29, 2019
oh on a related note t
What's the fastest/most reliable way to input silver coins and exchange tokens into the SAG Mill? I've been using SFM and it can't really keep up with how fast a SAG Mill with an Octadic Capacitor can burn through them, so my system is slower than it should've been.

On a side note I love how you can use a Cardboard Box from Mekanism to transport aura nodes, and how it basically requires zero progression since you get a SAG mill almost right off the bat.

As for your SAG Mill thing.... im not sure if its really neccessary to make any sort of complicated wiring/feeding. just put 3 drawers on the sides of the smelter (yes, SMELTER. the SAG Mill is for turning in crates, not making vouchers), and set the IO configuration to pull/push. it might not be the fastest of them all but its 100% automatic and the smelter will pull the materials on its own. the hard part would be keeping it fed with exchange tokens.

as to the Cardboard Box: yes, it is very cool.... but be careful. last time i had Thaum/Mek in the same pack, the box was.... buggy. it picked up nodes, but it often "lost" metadata. the result would be seemingly random alterations to the nodes when they are released. Why is this dangerous? it can change the node type. place node in base, break box, HUNGRY TIEM!. yeah. it MIGHT have been patched tho.