[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry if I missed it, but I assume Better Questing is going to get implemented for 0.2.0, and we will not see it before this update? Or is it being worked on to be released before that?
This next update will be 0.2.0. There is no easy way for me to fix HQM's issues without losing progress I did on it, and its a good a time as any to do the switch, before I write even more quests.

However creeper don't blow up stuff and I do not found the reason.
Block destruction from Creeper Explosions are disabled.

And Vein miner not work correctly with the toolbox. If I have a Shovel in the toolbox, it will vein gravel, however, a pickaxe don't vein ores
It's added to the list but the Toolbox doesn't work with Veinminer very well, unfortunately. There isn't much I can do about that, I'm afraid, but I'll look into it.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
PROGRESS ON 0.2.0 UPDATE
My apologies that this is taking longer than I expected, but a few things popped up IRL that have slightly delayed my working on the pack (including this ridiculous muggy heat x.x), as well as the realization that I have a bit more work than I originally thought.

There is no right side text in Better Questing, which I use extensively in HQM to explain specific tasks. So for each quest I need to combine the Main and Side Texts (usually 2 to 8 different side texts) into a single Main Text, and rewrite it a bit to be understandable.

I also kind of forgotten, I've written over 50,000 words of text for this modpack's quests so far.

I'm steadily working along though, getting closer.

logdogzip

Jul 29, 2019
Can't wait, Caigan :)
One thing I will ask is whether NuclearCraft is still being considered? There's a few mods I would love in this pack, but out of all of them NC is the one I think would be most awesome. It's really become a very cool mod since the last time it was discussed in this thread.

joshwoo70

Jul 29, 2019
A update for the AE quest line:
I passed the files over the Caigan already. it just needs him to rewrite it into the format of the Quest which he mentioned he will do it after the do the main ones

Sent from a phone running tapatalk OS

E

ExplosiveCoconut

Good job! I really like this modpack! The story is amazing! Are there any official server?

Katdragonatlarge

Jul 29, 2019
Man, I continue to be impressed by the level of work you're putting into this, and with it being created/curated by so few it's even more impressive.

I got a question if it hasn't been brought up yet: Is there a known issue with Blood Magic causing initialization crashes? I've run into it a few times and it's like I have to start the pack up like a faulty lighter that won't catch the first click XD

Rabisu

Jul 29, 2019
The names for Grimoire of Gaia mobs in your AbilitySupport.json file need to be changed for them to have abilities for Morph. The mobs have been moved from "gaia.entity" to "gaia.entity.passive" and "gaia.entity.monster" (Although, I think all of the ones you're referencing for abilities are under the monster category).

I wasn't sure if you'd prefer me to leave this info here, make an issue on the FerretShinies github page, or (learn github and) make a pull request. But seeing as there aren't any other issues or pull requests, I figured I'd try here first.

The mobs are already updated in iChun's version of the file, so it should be easy to copy and paste the changes unless you've customized their abilities. Although I did notice he has two more mobs listed, Kobold and Hunter.

I should note that online players should notice abilities working as soon as it's changed in the online location. The only reason to push a local file update is for offline players to have it work as well. Unfortunately, online players can't just change local files to make it work due to the way Morph handles abilities.

Professor29

Jul 29, 2019
Man, I continue to be impressed by the level of work you're putting into this, and with it being created/curated by so few it's even more impressive.

I got a question if it hasn't been brought up yet: Is there a known issue with Blood Magic causing initialization crashes? I've run into it a few times and it's like I have to start the pack up like a faulty lighter that won't catch the first click XD

I've been playing with a few of my friends and it hasn't come up for us. Think you could post your crash log or PM it to me? We might be able to sort it out. :)

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
One thing I will ask is whether NuclearCraft is still being considered?
It's still being considered. The mod itself has had a lot improved on it since I last checked in on it myself.

Are there any official server?
No official servers, sorry. There are usually one or two servers hosting it at any given time, it tends to go in and out of a rotation. =)

Is there a known issue with Blood Magic causing initialization crashes
Hm, this is a new one to me. If I can get some sort of crash log or similar I might be able to track down a fix.

The names for Grimoire of Gaia mobs in your AbilitySupport.json file need to be changed for them to have abilities for Morph. The mobs have been moved from "gaia.entity" to "gaia.entity.passive" and "gaia.entity.monster" (Although, I think all of the ones you're referencing for abilities are under the monster category).
Aha, thank you.

joshwoo70

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking about official servers... like what caigan said.. there is no official servers. However, If someone could sponsor us a official server would be nice. I dunno what caigan thinks about it.

Sent from a phone running tapatalk OS

Wiremash

Jul 29, 2019
My client is going into "Not Responding" every time it hits this stage

Minecraft 1.7.10 15_7_2016 11_01_38 PM.png

I've restarted my computer and I have 5 GB / 16GB of RAM allocated to FTB.

I'm not sure what logs I should give in this case as the FTB launcher console doesn't seem to be displaying anything out of the ordinary and I don't get a crash log because it doesn't count as a crash.
It was working just fine yesterday as well. The only thing I can think of that caused it was the fact I updated my graphics card while unwittingly leaving minecraft running in the background (paused), which closed the client somewhere during the process of the update.

I want to play FTB, please help, thanks.

mindsculptorjace

Jul 29, 2019
I've restarted my computer and I have 5 GB / 16GB of RAM allocated to FTB.

I'm not sure what logs I should give in this case as the FTB launcher console doesn't seem to be displaying anything out of the ordinary and I don't get a crash log because it doesn't count as a crash.
It was working just fine yesterday as well. The only thing I can think of that caused it was the fact I updated my graphics card while unwittingly leaving minecraft running in the background (paused), which closed the client somewhere during the process of the update.

I want to play FTB, please help, thanks.

back up your save file and try a fresh install of the modpack

CzarnyWilk1

Jul 29, 2019
Since the 0.1.4 update I've started to get the "wait for the server to respond" lag on my single player save. This lag makes it impossible to play bacause there's like 10 second space between end of one and start of another. Nothing appearing in the console or anything. 4GB PC with 2,5GB on FTB, 25-30 fps all the time.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm I'm not sure. As suggested, back up your /saves/ folder and reinstall the modpack. Sounds like something broke.

4GB PC with 2,5GB on FTB, 25-30 fps all the time.
This pack really sorta requires 3.5g minimum on RAM. I know some folks have been able to get it going on 3 and occasionally less, but its a fairly heavy modpack.

Also, make sure that you've disabled the Snooper in your minecraft options.

Have you considered added the Fog Nerf mod to the pack? http://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/fognerf
This sorta falls under a mod folks can add themselves later. I myself don't mind the fog, others hate it.

Wiremash

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm I'm not sure. As suggested, back up your /saves/ folder and reinstall the modpack. Sounds like something broke.

What else should I be backing up? I've noticed the journeymap folder contains save data as well. Is that it or is there more?