[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
I just tried this modpack, and before I got very far into the first day, I got attacked by some Fairy-like creatures. I also got attacked and kiled by something called a Cockatrice. Is there some reason the teleporter failed to teleport a sword or ranged weapon and ammo of some type when it dumped me into this strange new land to acquire resources from? Also, why did it teleport me two copies of the quest book? Mistakes have been made! You might get that reference if you've watched popular YouTuber GeneriKB! :D

Is there a way to configure animal mobs to not be hostile unless attacked in this modpack? Obviously some ignore me and others flee when I get too near, but darn it, I haven't even found a spot to gather materials for a sword and already these Cockatrices peck me to death! They seem a bit overpowered even considering their relatively large size.

This seems like an otherwise interesting modpack I might consider playing it more if I could control the hostility better.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

evilmrhenry

Jul 29, 2019
I just tried this modpack, and before I got very far into the first day, I got attacked by some Fairy-like creatures. I also got attacked and kiled by something called a Cockatrice. Is there some reason the teleporter failed to teleport a sword or ranged weapon and ammo of some type when it dumped me into this strange new land to acquire resources from? Also, why did it teleport me two copies of the quest book? Mistakes have been made! You might get that reference if you've watched popular YouTuber GeneriKB! :D

Is there a way to configure animal mobs to not be hostile unless attacked in this modpack? Obviously some ignore me and others flee when I get too near, but darn it, I haven't even found a spot to gather materials for a sword and already these Cockatrices peck me to death! They seem a bit overpowered even considering their relatively large size.

This seems like an otherwise interesting modpack I might consider playing it more if I could control the hostility better.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Cockatrices mostly appear in deserts. Staying out of deserts and snowfields is a good idea in the early game. They are also controlled by the GrimoireOfGaia.cfg file, but that just lets you set the spawn rate, not set aggressiveness.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Cockatrices mostly appear in deserts. Staying out of deserts and snowfields is a good idea in the early game. They are also controlled by the GrimoireOfGaia.cfg file, but that just lets you set the spawn rate, not set aggressiveness.

Is there a good early-game weapon I could easily acquire? Or should I go looking or mining for good old vanilla weapon materials? What armor is a good early-game armor to go for?

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Yazzari

Jul 29, 2019
Just recently started playing this modpack. I'm enjoying it immensely. I do have a suggestion though. Once you have all gear equipped and then add an ion sniper the numbers charge for the sniper overlays the action bar. Would suggest either reducing the size of the icons a bit or possibly setting it up as a grid box still on the left side.

Mlukvai

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a good early-game weapon I could easily acquire? Or should I go looking or mining for good old vanilla weapon materials? What armor is a good early-game armor to go for?

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

If you want to go tinker's: Bronze. Good long time invenstment for tools and weapons, OK armour. If you happen to find a village (not too uncommon tbh), and find dark steel at a blacksmith, make your cutlass or whatever sword you like with it.

3 copper and 1 tin in the smeltery to make bronze iirc.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

If you want to go tinker's: Bronze. Good long time invenstment for tools and weapons, OK armour. If you happen to find a village (not too uncommon tbh), and find dark steel at a blacksmith, make your cutlass or whatever sword you like with it.

3 copper and 1 tin in the smeltery to make bronze iirc.
definitely tinkers start with a smeltry being a lovely thing to have(bronze is quite decent early on , there is multiple types of bronze armor though ) , steel is a very nice material once u get a tiny bit of a setup (a tiny bit of rf and the machine/pair of machines to make the steel )and it also makes lovely armor (its not a bog standard recipe though its still very simple normal crafting recipe ) which method to use for steel? its entirely up to u

Last edited:
N

Nurit

very love this modpack .. waiting to 0.1.4 and not playing cause
1) workstation very lag when i try to compress in it stone etc.. gravel sand dirt
2) when i have enciclopede of birds ( exotic birds mode) it start to make issues with inverotory.. looted items not appearing
3) also before was'nt too fun make shipments.. cause they not stacking.. for make 5 k i cannot make for example 4 k + 1 k . have to make 1K + 1 k+1K etc.. not fun

Markhor

Jul 29, 2019
very love this modpack .. waiting to 0.1.4 and not playing cause
1) workstation very lag when i try to compress in it stone etc.. gravel sand dirt
2) when i have enciclopede of birds ( exotic birds mode) it start to make issues with inverotory.. looted items not appearing
3) also before was'nt too fun make shipments.. cause they not stacking.. for make 5 k i cannot make for example 4 k + 1 k . have to make 1K + 1 k+1K etc.. not fun
1 and 2, I cannot be of much help, but Caigan will see it. You can also turn off the Bird mod if you'd like.

As for stacking shipments, 10k is the lowest worth doing. 4k and 1k should work. How odd. But 4k+4k=8k, then add two separate 1k's to make a 10k, the minimal shippable shipment.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
@Caigan
Not sure if that was reported (and if you're able to do anything about it) but I've found an issue with the portable Mekanism teleporter. On multiplayer, if you join the server and try to quickly use the portable teleporter to get to another dimension, the game will crash. If you wait for a while, it won't happen though. Crash log attached.
Hm, not sure I can do anything about that. Mekanism just came out with a new version that might address this crash, but its not going to be in the next version due to the tendency for new major Mekanism versions to have issues fairly early with lots of other mods (from my experience that is).

I just tried this modpack, and before I got very far into the first day, I got attacked by some Fairy-like creatures. I also got attacked and kiled by something called a Cockatrice. Is there some reason the teleporter failed to teleport a sword or ranged weapon and ammo of some type when it dumped me into this strange new land to acquire resources from?
This is going to change in the next version, the starting equipment is going to be updated to at least include a weapon to help you.

Is there a way to configure animal mobs to not be hostile unless attacked in this modpack?
Not really. But some of the spawns like Cockatrices will be toned down in the next version too.

workstation very lag when i try to compress in it stone etc.. gravel sand dirt
Huh, thats odd. I'll look into that.

Another odd one. Don't think I can do anything about that, but I'll look into it as well.

Yep, the crate system gets reworked a bit in 1.4 to make that proper. I messed up some of the recipes in 1.3 and didn't catch just how many were broken until after release, which is my fault.

Yatekko

Jul 29, 2019
I just recently found this modpack while looking for new ones to play, and I'm honestly loving it - the only negative I can think of is that I can't have more content right now! I am hyped for new builds! Keep up the awesome work, Caigan!

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
This is going to change in the next version, the starting equipment is going to be updated to at least include a weapon to help you.

When will the next release be out? It would be nice to try this modpack again, with the toned down Cockatrice spawn rates.

Right now, though, I'm recovering from my cough germs, so will probably try to get ahead in my current games I'm playing. I am a bit slow at modpack progression anyway, I tend to work slow, and only play singleplayer.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Felipe Oyabu

Jul 29, 2019
it's a old problem.. but... the smeltery is so much lag... but when used.... the FPS down to 20 or less.. close and reload the world is the only solution to get the FPS back... =/

gem refiner and gem cutter.. are buged... some one can help me? =( i can't open UI or use it
[BUG said:
13307468_1171583906205303_3984144053129647309_n.jpg

13254362_1171583902871970_8640434829778859870_n.jpg

Well... i don't know why... but.. if i put and click on up side.. it works.. '-' so.. nevermind.. if some one get the same problem... put on the world.. and click in up side... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

Markhor

Jul 29, 2019
it's a old problem.. but... the smeltery is so much lag... but when used.... the FPS down to 20 or less.. close and reload the world is the only solution to get the FPS back... =/

gem refiner and gem cutter.. are buged... some one can help me? =( i can't open UI or use it

Well... i don't know why... but.. if i put and click on up side.. it works.. '-' so.. nevermind.. if some one get the same problem... put on the world.. and click in up side... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
the refiner and cutter MUST be placed on an item or cable or conduit that can transmit power. known bug, nothing we can do. this is the only way to get it to work. so put it on a capacitor or fluxduct or energy conduit.

Felipe Oyabu

Jul 29, 2019
the refiner and cutter MUST be placed on an item or cable or conduit that can transmit power. known bug, nothing we can do. this is the only way to get it to work. so put it on a capacitor or fluxduct or energy conduit.

OH! that is it! the problem.. is only if i put on other block.. thanks =)

Reactions: Markhor

Felipe Oyabu

Jul 29, 2019
Shift+click itens to compact storage bag, crash the game... =(

EDIT: well.. just use the bag crash the game =(

i don't know the right log to put here... i use mult MC... =/

Last edited:

Mlukvai

Jul 29, 2019
Shift+click itens to compact storage bag, crash the game... =(

EDIT: well.. just use the bag crash the game =(

i don't know the right log to put here... i use mult MC... =/

In multiMC, click Instance folder to the right. -> minecraft -> crash-reports

Felipe Oyabu

Jul 29, 2019
I think you made it so the game thinks there's zero storage spots to render o.o you confuse it.
sadly i cannot seem to find the source for Compact Storage, so i cannot examine the code myself. this is fascinating though

the maximum size can be the problem? '-'