[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Narkah

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, I have an ID screwup to report. Sinper scopes from matter overdrive are meant to require green glass panes, or 160:13. However, they reference the item 102:13, which is a glass pane with weird metadata.

V

Volvary

Hello,

Started playing the pack today, haven't gotten too far but I already have a bug to report. It isn't a major bug but it does reduce quality of life.

Bug: You can't bind your warp tome to the action ring. (Dunno what mod adds that.) If you do, it crashes the game when you try to open it.

I have my Warp Tome in the ring, with Use as the action and everytime I press the button, my game crashes down.
Most recent log: http://hastebin.com/ocixocemub.tex

D

DanLeo427

Have you killed the Wither?
Edit: It may be a request, idk

I had to get a jetpack to get to clouds and turned in the quest, still nothing... It's a fairly early questline so idk what's up...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
I had to get a jetpack to get to clouds and turned in the quest, still nothing... It's a fairly early questline so idk what's up...

u need to kill a wither boss now a days to get morph flight ,older pack versions just had visit the nether as the morph flight unlock

a warning to others DO NOT put wvyren flux capictors inside molecular inscribers from matter overdrive (or probably any machinine from that mod) ,why ? the inscriber has a 450k rf internal powerstorage but it ate over 40m from the wvyren flux capicator this was while it was not working on something

Last edited:
D

Drake Arron

Hello, so, I'm not sure if this is my fault or a bug. neither make much sense, as if it were a bug I feel like it would of been reported and if it were me I feel like someone else on the internet would of had the problem.
But, in any case- for some reason I cannot pour tritanium out of the tinkers construct smeltery into molds or the block maker. I was able to create gold molds and an iron block by pouring metals, and I made sure to delete and replace both the controler for the smeltery and any liquids inside, and I still can't pour out the tritanium. Both of those things were the only possible solutions I've found for similar problems that other people have had when I searched the problem in google. I'm not sure what is is I'm missing though if I am missing something... if it helps, I haven't done any of the industrial/technology quests yet- this tritanium came from a spaceship like thing I found generated in the air, and so its not exactly gotten naturally, though I'd be surprised if that had anything to do with it.

ATM I've gotten by by cheating the items in, however I'd like to do it legit if I can. If its because I'm missing a gameplay thing I haven't done much with the items yet so don't worry, I can uncheat, so to speak.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

D

DanLeo427

Hello, so, I'm not sure if this is my fault or a bug. neither make much sense, as if it were a bug I feel like it would of been reported and if it were me I feel like someone else on the internet would of had the problem.
But, in any case- for some reason I cannot pour tritanium out of the tinkers construct smeltery into molds or the block maker. I was able to create gold molds and an iron block by pouring metals, and I made sure to delete and replace both the controler for the smeltery and any liquids inside, and I still can't pour out the tritanium. Both of those things were the only possible solutions I've found for similar problems that other people have had when I searched the problem in google.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

You can smelt it, but the tinkers mod doesn't have an ore dictionary for the ingots, so you'll need to smell it in an alloy furnace for now.

D

Drake Arron

You can smelt it, but the tinkers mod doesn't have an ore dictionary for the ingots, so you'll need to smell it in an alloy furnace for now.

Would that allow me to make tinkers construct tools out of it? If so how? I couldn't find anything regarding that...
EDIT: I feel like I should be able to make tinkers tools out of it because NEI has them, and I can cheat them in and use them.

D

DanLeo427

Would that allow me to make tinkers construct tools out of it? If so how? I couldn't find anything regarding that...
EDIT: I feel like I should be able to make tinkers tools out of it because NEI has them, and I can cheat them in and use them.

Not yet no. I feel the feels man.

D

Drake Arron

Not yet no. I feel the feels man.

Oh okay, well, that explains why I was so confused then XP. They have the tools in game, they have the ability to smelt the tritanium, but the one thing they don't have is the ability to mold it. No wonder I thought the molding function not working was a bug lol. thanks for the assistance, appreciate it!
EDIT: You know, they even have the recipy to mold the tritatium in game. No sign at all it wouldn't work XD

Narkah

Jul 29, 2019
Well, the pack has been fun, but I give up. I would rather devote my time to other packs than continually troubleshoot why my **** keeps breaking. I managed to do an inventory transfer to a new world of my base, and now it does not appear in my ****ing world list. GG game, you finally broke me.

TheReduxPL

Jun 8, 2013
Any good ways to earn shop loyalty points? I've been just redeeming vouchers and buying iron but that's basically grinding, and I hate that...

Well, the pack has been fun, but I give up. I would rather devote my time to other packs than continually troubleshoot why my **** keeps breaking. I managed to do an inventory transfer to a new world of my base, and now it does not appear in my ****ing world list. GG game, you finally broke me.
This pack is in beta. Instead of saying that this pack is sh*t, try asking us or assistance and help Caigan fix the issues!

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
u tried to do an inventory transfer and now complain that world does not appear and blame it on the pack .

any attempt to transfer inventory across player saves is more is more of a general (advanced)minecraft thing NOT a pack specific thing

Reactions: An0nymuS

Narkah

Jul 29, 2019
I never said the pack was sh*t, I said that my world has had continual issues. I've been in the thread for about 20 pages now, I've had to do so many fixes it's ridiculous. My inventory transfer, by the way, went fine. I had my new base half rebuilt, and in the end all I had to do was use NEI and a few thaumcraft commands to get all my stuff transferred. I might be back in the next few updates. I also haven't blamed ANYTHING on the pack itself. This world has been hell to deal with, and I'm tired of it, so goodbye.

Maybe I'll be back someday.

Hope development goes well, Caigan.

-Narkah

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
What about being able to replicate certus quartz in matter overdrive? I realy hate that i cant, can that be made possible or is it intentional?
Matter Overdrive replication stuff is something I plan to work on in a future update.

Hmm how do you get hqm working on a server? Im in op mode and neither /hqm enable or /hqm quest works - just says unknown command

Edit btw none of us is getting a book on entering first time
This is...sounding like HQM isn't even installed on the server. Search NEI for quest or tablet.

I noticed that whenever I'm holding any item from Ferret Shinies,
Do you have optifine installed? I'm not getting this at all on my end.

Also I noticed that right after joining some multiplayer servers, there's like 10-15 seconds of lag.
This is probably Minetweaker syncing scripts.

The next update, the scripts will be more streamlined and should not take as long to sync.

. Am i bring a derp or is there no market to trade or get trade exp from ?
The Quest Pages that start with [H] are the Supply pages, which explain how to turn in items for Trader rank and coins.

Note that the Supply Contract system currently is partially broken, and is being fixed in the next update.

So I can't fly with any flying creature in morph. Not a bat/gast/bird anything. Am I missing something in the settings or was this disabled?
Morph Flight requires the Wither being killed now, to encourage use of other mod flight methods, such as Simply Jetpacks.

Alright, I have an ID screwup to report. Sinper scopes from matter overdrive are meant to require green glass panes, or 160:13. However, they reference the item 102:13, which is a glass pane with weird metadata.
Added to the Trello.

I have my Warp Tome in the ring, with Use as the action and everytime I press the button, my game crashes down.
Very odd. Added to the Trello to investigate.

for some reason I cannot pour tritanium out of the tinkers construct smeltery into molds or the block maker.
Yeah, this is an issue with how ExtraTiC and Tinkers Constrct handles extra liquid metals. I will add the ability to pour metals into pattern molds, or at least into ingots to use in the part builder.

Hope development goes well, Caigan.
Sorry you are having so many issues! Hopefully when you return, you don't have anywhere near as many problems just trying to play the pack. =(

Bryantom

Jul 29, 2019
Because of bugs due to updates. Use "/hqm edit" to complete quests that doesn't work, and report them to Caigan. The laudanum one is known, not too sure about the morph one. You can search the thread or look at the trello or search the known issues document if it has been reported already.

Can you give more information about this? I do have the quest that requires laudanum, and a couple others that I cannot think of at the moment that I cannot complete.

Mlukvai

Jul 29, 2019
Can you give more information about this? I do have the quest that requires laudanum, and a couple others that I cannot think of at the moment that I cannot complete.

About using /hqm edit? You'll get a cheat book, where you can complete quests by shift-left clicking them (iirc). Just type '/hqm edit' and you will be get the book.

TheReduxPL

Jun 8, 2013
@Caigan
Not sure if that was reported (and if you're able to do anything about it) but I've found an issue with the portable Mekanism teleporter. On multiplayer, if you join the server and try to quickly use the portable teleporter to get to another dimension, the game will crash. If you wait for a while, it won't happen though. Crash log attached.

Attachments

• crash-2016-05-23_22.09.19-client.txt
    41.3 KB · Views: 91

Kirthew

Jul 29, 2019
Someone wanted a picture of how you fulfill bulk orders. You have to lay them out individually, like in the picture.

Attachments

• Bulk Orders.JPG
    Bulk Orders.JPG
    133.4 KB · Views: 79