[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

P

philandkitt

Best I can tell is that an item stack of a tool is trying to render as an entity in the world and that is causing you to crash. If it is on the ground, you could try using McEdit to remove the entity near you. Moving your player would just mean that area is no longer safe, so McEdit may be the best bet.
Hmm. I will try I just don't really understand mcedit

nuker22110

Jul 29, 2019
the description says 425+ quests, which puts it among one of the highest number of quests in a modpack. However, i realised that alot of these 'quests' are actually part of the trade in shop system, and that many of the quest lines are incomplete. So my question is approximately how many % of the quest lines are done, and how much more can we expect(before i sink time into this)?

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
lets see done quest lines that are not just shop quests , for done quest lines theres: botania , ender io , mfr(more minior then prior 2), thaumcraft , draconic evolution ,extra ultiles , aura cascade . then there other lines/quests ive probably missed some other quests lines like home decorating
as for quest lines not done but there will be 6-14 more quest lines later on(including rfools, ae,matter overdrive , witchery, mekenism ,blood magic , tinkers construct and the very end game chapter(for reference early endgame chapter is a quite alot fleshed out ) and more

overall its quite a high amount of quests as it stands (not much also stops u from any detours into other mods that are in the pack if u want to )from the implemented questlines

Last edited:
S

Str8upskyglz

I don't mind the lack of quests at the moment to be honest. As long as they are getting worked on they can remain WIPs for now. I've just been running my world as a sandbox, creating a lab with a crew of dogs "overseeing" the operations. I usually spend a good amount of time building infrastructure before completing quests anyways in these mod-packs.

Reactions: Trisscar

Meeqs

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to change the reward system so both/all players in the party receive the reward instead of just one? I know it's not an option currently but I've seen it in other modpacks like AG skies so I was wondering if there was a way to change it.

Narkah

Jul 29, 2019
Are you sure? I haven;t dine any multiplayer with this pack, but I've done it in every SMP HQm pak I've played. It is an option in the party menu of the HQM book when you make the party, if that helps.

Mlukvai

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to change the reward system so both/all players in the party receive the reward instead of just one? I know it's not an option currently but I've seen it in other modpacks like AG skies so I was wondering if there was a way to change it.

In hqmconfig.cfg, set

B:MultiReward=true

Imo it really doesn't fit this pack though. Will mess up the trade system completely.

Last edited:
Reactions: Everlasting2

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
changing it to multireward utterly destroys the balance with the shop u are litteraly decreasing the effective cost of everything by 75%

Reactions: Mlukvai
B

Baurus

Hi there

Does the trader Rank have any kind of influence?
and wouldnt it make more sense to get the better Exchange Token with Trader rank and not Loyality rank?

Edit: oh and i dont know if thats a thing but wouldnt it make sense that you get more Crates or more Ore in the Crates if you have an higher Layality rank?

Last edited:

Meeqs

Jul 29, 2019
How come some quest items won't submit? Like the one needing 3 broken spawners and laudanum and the one that needs 5 clouds won't accept the laudanum or cloud blocks. They're fairly early on quests so I would assume they're completed?

Mlukvai

Jul 29, 2019
How come some quest items won't submit? Like the one needing 3 broken spawners and laudanum and the one that needs 5 clouds won't accept the laudanum or cloud blocks. They're fairly early on quests so I would assume they're completed?

Because of bugs due to updates. Use "/hqm edit" to complete quests that doesn't work, and report them to Caigan. The laudanum one is known, not too sure about the morph one. You can search the thread or look at the trello or search the known issues document if it has been reported already.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
has anyone else had an issue with being able to reach far further away then normal in this case i was able to reach over/about 2 chunks away and place/interact successfully without having a ring of far reach on (for reference the baubles i had on were the sojeners sash , ring of odin , ring of magnetization , though i did have a ring of far reach on prior to the issue but i did not have it on during the issue )

EveTater

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure if this has come up before cause this thread is massive but is there a way to automate researchology handins? (I tied using the Quest Cube but that eats the items even if the quest is complete, I want a way to turn in what is needed when the quest is off cooldown so I can just claim it consistantly)

D

Dartendal

Howdy! My game is crashing with this modpack. Was able to play it just fine for hours and just recently it began crashing. Only the one world crashes. I'm not sure how to tell what the issue is. I've looked back at some stuff in the thread and I've tried a few of those things with none of it working. I've downloaded MCEdit and tried to delete entities, (I'm not really sure if that worked, though) I've deleted the most recently placed items. I've made sure that my drivers are up to date. This happens on multiple computers, as well. One runs Windows 8 and the other is Windows 7. If it matters, the game is being played multiplayer over LAN as well.

I've loaded the backup that I have, which is only an hour before the crashing started. It seems to make a new backup every time the game crashes, so I couldn't go any further.

Edit:After looking closer at the crash report, I learned that the cause of the crash and inability to load the world was from placing a casting channel above the Ender IO tank while connected to a Tinker's Construct Smeltery and setting the Ender IO tank to output from the top side. So, to anyone else, don't do that. It's bad. If you do that, I fixed it by deleting the casting channel in MCEdit.

I'm not sure if that particular set of events is why the game was unable to reload the world or what part of it was the actual problem but it did get fixed.

Attachments

• crash-2016-05-14_11.46.08-server.txt
    33.5 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

evilmrhenry

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure if this has come up before cause this thread is massive but is there a way to automate researchology handins? (I tied using the Quest Cube but that eats the items even if the quest is complete, I want a way to turn in what is needed when the quest is off cooldown so I can just claim it consistantly)

I don't think there's a good way to do this. (HQM really needs an advanced quest delivery system block or something.)

Hey, as a "nice to have", I'd appreciate having a store quest for a Builder's Wand. Those things are super-useful, but are normally gated behind finding a division sigil.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Builder's Wand. Those things are super-useful, but are normally gated behind finding a division sigil.
i got the super builders wand from a extra ultities bag , remember the sigil is either dung loot or a 100% drop from a wither boss kill by a player

T

TheEpicCowOfLife

Anybody else believe that RfTools should be gated behind the shop system? Seriously, I got a peridot dimension and have been rolling in the coins ever since. Even though I was already full-draconic armour by the time I started to experiment with it, if I had tried it at least a little earlier, it would've been too OP, even for draconic evolution standards.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
This is not a crash per say but with the 0.1.3 version of The Ferret Business, CPU usage will spike so high that all players are kicked before calming down again. Profiling it during this time leads to the observation that HQM item detection upon item pick up is causing this. I would normally hand this over to the HQM github but Ferret Business has a custom HQM to which I am not sure if I should really post over there for. I cannot provide suggestions but I would like to at least report this.
Very interesting! I'm wondering if its only doing the item detection thing when a quest is looking for items in inventory vs turn in. This could be the source of some of the odd inventory lag a few people get.

As for the HQM version : the only difference currently is that this modpack uses custom HQM art. Please report it to the HQM github but I'm not sure someone has picked up the 1.7.10 side just yet, since LordDusk has retired from modding to focus on his real life.

I have a crash report that I can't read. Can someone assist me?
It sounds like an item in your inventory, or near you, from Applied Energistics, is broken.

The simplest way to see if its your inventory is to go into your world/playerdata folder, and add .backup to the end of the .dat file thats a string of letters and numbers (this is called your minecraft UUID)

I don't know if it's too late to get it in for the 0.1.4 update, but updating Journeymap from 5.1.4 to 5.1.4p1 fixes a few issues
Oh excellent!

The second one means Caigan could turn hellfish back on(I honestly hope he doesn't),
No plans to, really.

So my question is approximately how many % of the quest lines are done, and how much more can we expect(before i sink time into this)?
I don't have a percentage offhand for you, but the main page shows all the planned questlines. And yes, all of these are planned. Questlines are slower to be written and developed, as mechanics are whats currently being focused on.

has anyone else had an issue with being able to reach far further away then normal in this case i was able to reach over/about 2 chunks away and place/interact successfully without having a ring of far reach on
2 chunks or 2 blocks?

I'm not sure if this has come up before cause this thread is massive but is there a way to automate researchology handins?
This kind of functionality is something I really wish HQM had itself, there isn't really anything for that. It's partially the reason I had to come up with the Trader Token system.

After looking closer at the crash report, I learned that the cause of the crash and inability to load the world was from placing a casting channel above the Ender IO tank while connected to a Tinker's Construct Smeltery and setting the Ender IO tank to output from the top side.
Ouch, sounds like it had issues with two different blocks trying to input it at the same time.

Does the trader Rank have any kind of influence?
and wouldnt it make more sense to get the better Exchange Token with Trader rank and not Loyality rank?

Edit: oh and i dont know if thats a thing but wouldnt it make sense that you get more Crates or more Ore in the Crates if you have an higher Layality rank?
Trader Rank currently is only for unlocking the Draconic Evolution questline, but I do plan on having it do/unlock more later on.

As for exchange token rate, storywise its because you are helping the Business with research in a brand new world/universe/dimension, with new resources and technology to discover and a new untapped market. I may have the higher exchange rates require both Loyalty and Trader Rank.

Anybody else believe that RfTools should be gated behind the shop system?
Part of the issue is I need to rebalance RFTool dimlet availability, power cost, etc. With a bunch of mod changes, biome changes, etc, its been needed for a while.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
MY RETURN AND UPDATE PLANS

I'm back earlier than expected from my surgery, due to recovering much faster than expected (at least to a point where recovery is much better done at home). Everything went well, no complications. I now have 1 to 2 months of recovery time to look forward to. As usual with such a serious surgery, I'm tired a whole lot easier and don't have the same range of motion I usually do (bending over puts pressure on my abdomen, which doesn't hurt, but is very uncomfortable feeling), but those will slowly get better over the recovery time.

For now, I'm going to take a few days to relax with my partner and friends, play some games, and start slowly getting back into the modding groove of things.

I want to keep 0.1.4 to the original plan...mostly. Which is fixing a bunch of issues, adding a bit more to the current mechanics (automation of purchasing materials, for example), and possibly add a smaller questline as well.