[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

TheElectricCake

Jul 29, 2019
A NOTE ON THE 0.1.4 UPDATE

Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to get the update ready before my surgery. Especially when I have little confidence from not having a short beta period at least for it (There's a reason I implemented the beta periods for new updates). While these betas don't catch all the bugs (as is obvious from this latest updates various issues), they do tend to catch big ones that slip by me.

What I do have finished :
  • The Supply and Demand system has been reworked a bit. It's a bit less reliant on thousands of permutations, at the cost of being less versatile (You can't combine a 50 and two 25 point items for a 100 point crate, but you can combine two 50s or four 25's).
    • This honestly took a bit longer than I was expecting it to, I had to figure out some workarounds and deal with a LOT of very odd crashes constantly.
  • Supply Crates, for now, will allow all item types to be combined. We'll see how this works out, and keep the 'specific' crate types for Bulk Order Contracts
  • The Guidebook returns in a new form, via FTB Utilities. Instead of an inventory item, its accessible at any time via the inventory. This should also make it much less prone to crashing.
    • Enchiridion will still be used for smaller books that are meant to only be unlocked when you do those quests, like the Draconic Evolution books.
  • Some quest fixes, not all of them though.
  • Fluxed Crystals 2 is fixed. Many thanks to TheBlueTroll.
  • Removed Aroma Backup and replaced it with FTB Utilities' backup function.
To keep folks up to date and candid on current status : I've been doing my best to work on the modpack, but I've been running into crashes both with reworking the mechanics and fixing issues (for example, using placeholders to fix the cycling items, adding them to ore dictionaries via minetweaker. HQM will crash on one, but not another when added.). The crashes are one thing, but I'm also getting random computer freezes that I'm afraid I've narrowed down to my CPU or my mobo malfunctioning.

I've been switching between working on the modpack and playing Overwatch or something else when the other becomes too frustrating with my mental state right now (Major surgery is on Monday, and the prep time leading up to it has been tiring, especially mentally...not to mention the hurry up and wait when I'm not prepping for it)

So my apologies lately for being less responsive here than usual, as well as on the Discord. I don't like leaving you all in the dark for too long, so I wanted to post this just so folks know what is going on. =)

If I get enough fixed up by Saturday, I'll put up a beta for people to break while I'm in surgery. Otherwise, when I'm in recovery back home after my week or so stay, I'll definitely be working on the update to get it out as soon as I comfortably can.

Best wishes on your surgery. Real life, and particularly your health (which includes headspace, so don't apologize for doing other things to relax when programming modpacks wears you down), should always be priority number one. Your adoring Minecraftian fans will wait!

TheElectricCake

Jul 29, 2019
Addendum: (Non-Crash Error)

It is possible to melt tritanium in the TiCon smeltery, but NEI does not show 'Molten Tritanium', nor is there a 'Bucket of Molten Tritanium.' This prevents whitelisting Molten Tritanium in a Thermal Dynamics servo (which are usually whitelisted by using a bucket of molten metal). It is also not possible to pour Tritanium ingots or a Tritanium block from the TiCon smeltery (but it is possible to pour Tritanium TiCon tool components).

NEI does show a recipe for pouring Tritanium ingots and Tritanium blocks using the smeltery casting table + ingot mold and the smeltery basin respectively, but neither of these are actually pourable using a smeltery faucet or a Thermal Dynamics hardened fluiduct + servo. Attempting the latter results in the fluiduct containing an appropriate amount of molten Tritanium, but it does not treat either the casting table or the basin as legitimate 'targets.' for the molten tritanium.

Molten tritanium can be 'rescued' in such a circumstance by placing a thermal expansion portable tank beneath the fluiduct.

I suspect that the lack of a proper 'molten tritanium' and 'bucket of molten tritanium' in NEI are the culprits here, but as I don't actually have experience with creating Minecraft modpacks, I am not sure.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Addendum: (Non-Crash Error)

It is possible to melt tritanium in the TiCon smeltery, but NEI does not show 'Molten Tritanium', nor is there a 'Bucket of Molten Tritanium.' This prevents whitelisting Molten Tritanium in a Thermal Dynamics servo (which are usually whitelisted by using a bucket of molten metal). It is also not possible to pour Tritanium ingots or a Tritanium block from the TiCon smeltery (but it is possible to pour Tritanium TiCon tool components).

NEI does show a recipe for pouring Tritanium ingots and Tritanium blocks using the smeltery casting table + ingot mold and the smeltery basin respectively, but neither of these are actually pourable using a smeltery faucet or a Thermal Dynamics hardened fluiduct + servo. Attempting the latter results in the fluiduct containing an appropriate amount of molten Tritanium, but it does not treat either the casting table or the basin as legitimate 'targets.' for the molten tritanium.

Molten tritanium can be 'rescued' in such a circumstance by placing a thermal expansion portable tank beneath the fluiduct.

I suspect that the lack of a proper 'molten tritanium' and 'bucket of molten tritanium' in NEI are the culprits here, but as I don't actually have experience with creating Minecraft modpacks, I am not sure.
known issue your currently not able to anything with molten tritaniaum in the smeltry short of turning ore to liquid and moving the liquid into a tank afterwards

AuricPolaris

Jul 29, 2019
This is not a crash per say but with the 0.1.3 version of The Ferret Business, CPU usage will spike so high that all players are kicked before calming down again. Profiling it during this time leads to the observation that HQM item detection upon item pick up is causing this. I would normally hand this over to the HQM github but Ferret Business has a custom HQM to which I am not sure if I should really post over there for. I cannot provide suggestions but I would like to at least report this.

Reactions: Markhor

Markhor

Jul 29, 2019
This is not a crash per say but with the 0.1.3 version of The Ferret Business, CPU usage will spike so high that all players are kicked before calming down again. Profiling it during this time leads to the observation that HQM item detection upon item pick up is causing this. I would normally hand this over to the HQM github but Ferret Business has a custom HQM to which I am not sure if I should really post over there for. I cannot provide suggestions but I would like to at least report this.
what were you using to profile it? that's amazing.

also i've noticed an "undefined" in the chunk update section takes up..sometimes 50% of the entire update cpu usage. would be nice to diagnose it further.

Th3Ch053n0n3

Jul 29, 2019
Can you post the FC2 fix for us, just in case you don't get a beta out?

Edit: Fix is available on the Discord that's in Caigan's signature, I will post a direct link if people ask.

Last edited:

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Is there currently no way to get Draconic Capacitors (the big ones)?
i have the wvyren flux capicator in my world the questbook has it hidden behind a "useful item" for the same chapter quest id assume the draconic one is hidden in the same way but behind the draconic version of what hid the wyvern one so yay (im being vague on purpose )

wolfenstein19

Jul 29, 2019
i have the wvyren flux capicator in my world the questbook has it hidden behind a "useful item" for the same chapter quest id assume the draconic one is hidden in the same way but behind the draconic version of what hid the wyvern one so yay (im being vague on purpose )

I have all quests in the arms shop completed, and no drac capacitors.

P

philandkitt

I have a crash report that I can't read. Can someone assist me?

Attachments

• crash-2016-05-08_16.32.48-client.txt
    34.3 KB · Views: 49

AuricPolaris

Jul 29, 2019
I have a crash report that I can't read. Can someone assist me?

Best I can tell is that an item stack of a tool is trying to render as an entity in the world and that is causing you to crash. If it is on the ground, you could try using McEdit to remove the entity near you. Moving your player would just mean that area is no longer safe, so McEdit may be the best bet.

Luckdemon

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if it's too late to get it in for the 0.1.4 update, but updating Journeymap from 5.1.4 to 5.1.4p1 fixes a few issues
  • Critical Bugfix: (#6) AutoMap didn't use correct biome coloration in chunks not already in memory
  • Critical Bugfix: (#10) Log spam for unregistered blocks ("Can't find UID for block...")
  • Bugfix: (#56) Waypoint Manager's sort-by-name should ignore case
The important one for me is the first one where automatically mapping a world would turn the entire thing purple or some other color on the map.
Cheers.

Reactions: Lethosos

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
  • Critical Bugfix: (#6) AutoMap didn't use correct biome coloration in chunks not already in memory
  • Critical Bugfix: (#10) Log spam for unregistered blocks ("Can't find UID for block...")
2nd one sounds lovely , i wonder if the first will solve my issue of already existing land turning purple on the map (after something happening idk what exactly)

Th3Ch053n0n3

Jul 29, 2019
The second one means Caigan could turn hellfish back on(I honestly hope he doesn't), and the first is useful in some circumstances, such as what luckdemon mentioned.

Luckdemon

Jul 29, 2019
2nd one sounds lovely , i wonder if the first will solve my issue of already existing land turning purple on the map (after something happening idk what exactly)
Yes it will fix the purple, as journeymap is a client-side mod you can even update it if you play on a server and it will still work!