[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
So, I have somehow fixed my issue by deleting the NBT data it had stored for my character, and doing the one small MCEdit change.
I am now happily playing on my old world, with none of the old issues I had, so I think my NBT was fucked up for some reason. More playtesting will reveal if more issues arise. Anyway, yeah. I deleted the random number/letter nbt in my player.dat folder, but still somehow have my inventory unaffected. Seems legit.
That is some good stuff. It can be hard to recover a save. Feels so good to go through all that and find out the save can be used again. That is a really good accomplishment you got there.

MC Edit is a pain to learn enough of to find and delete a block. I tend to forget what I learned the previous time. (just remembered, check your light levels. I have had cases of the light levels being forgotten while working with MC edit and Minecraft refusing to update them until their is a nearby block update.)

NBT data can be corrupted if multiple accounts log into the same single player save on the same instance/PC. Minecraft saves a lot of character stuff in the level.dat, along with other places. My brother managed to acquire a morph on one direwolf 20 save for every account he accidentally logged in into that save on. Along with that his inventory would randomly disappear. Playing on a server prevents a lot of the issues that can crop up in single player. It is a pain constantly having to setup and update servers on the same PC the client is on. I haven't noticed the computer specs mattering a whole lot. Though I wouldn't recommend a computer that has trouble playing vanilla minecraft for trying it on. Anything better then that should be able to work fine with it.

Narkah

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, my light levels were a bit screwy in certain spots. Had a spider spawn on top of a glowstone block (The only dork section of the room, lol). MCEdit wasn't as hard to use as I remembered, but finding my base was harder. Of course, it felt like they changed how it rendered, and I lost my sense of direction completely. Just glad I remembered a few landmarks near the spawn.

Fixed a few spelling errors caused by 2AM sleep syndrome.

Last edited:
Reactions: DeathOfTime
K

Keros

Hello, when I play TFB it works fine until a few days later then it crashes when I try to launch it, I fix it with force updating then it works fine for another few days. But then after when I try to open the world it loads and I see the screen and inventory but then the client crashes. I have this several times in several worlds and it really bugs me. Could you please help me.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, when I play TFB it works fine until a few days later then it crashes when I try to launch it, I fix it with force updating then it works fine for another few days. But then after when I try to open the world it loads and I see the screen and inventory but then the client crashes. I have this several times in several worlds and it really bugs me. Could you please help me.
Crash log please, no downloads, just use pastebin or this site's version of such.

Reactions: Everlasting2

Narkah

Jul 29, 2019
Damnit. I am now having an issue with the pack where I cannot open any worlds. I have not tested SMP. There is no crash report and no error, it just dumps me back to the main menu after about 30 seconds. Gonna try (another) clean pack install.

fireguy

Jul 29, 2019
Some bugs I found with bla bla .13

Progressive automation was removed, questline still in the quests.
Modular turrets Blind Bag series A 1, crashes when certain item procs.
Blind bags for the removed mods from .12 still in pack.

Have a nice day!

Reactions: Pudding01

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
Some bugs I found with bla bla .13

Progressive automation was removed, questline still in the quests.
Modular turrets Blind Bag series A 1, crashes when certain item procs.
Blind bags for the removed mods from .12 still in pack.

Have a nice day!
Any reason why "nice" is in a different font?

Narkah

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, UPDATE TIIIIME. I think that the issue was, in fact, not the pack or anything else. I dual boot 2 hard drives, a 120 gig SSD for OS and such, and a 1tb HDD for most storage needs. I just cleared a LOT of space off my SSD and onto my HDD (1/4th of the space, in fact), and since I have my FTB folder on my desktop... well, suffice to say, I ran out of space and I think it was causing the issue. Testing of the pack will determine if it fixed it or not.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, UPDATE TIIIIME. I think that the issue was, in fact, not the pack or anything else. I dual boot 2 hard drives, a 120 gig SSD for OS and such, and a 1tb HDD for most storage needs. I just cleared a LOT of space off my SSD and onto my HDD (1/4th of the space, in fact), and since I have my FTB folder on my desktop... well, suffice to say, I ran out of space and I think it was causing the issue. Testing of the pack will determine if it fixed it or not.
Yeah, after about five years of messing with computers to any serious degree, Modded MC still takes up the most amount of HDD space of any game I've played, by a fair margin. If you have any other packs installed you aren't currently playing, I'd suggest moving their entire folders to your storage drive or just deleting everything but the saves, they take so much space. XD
Also props on the dual boot yo.

Narkah

Jul 29, 2019
UPDAAAAAAATE: ISSUE RESOLVED! ECSTATIC DANCING ENSUES!

So, I was diving deep into modded MC errors on google and found a simple little fix. Simply delete the contents of your Ender Storage folder, and it fixes the issue I was having. Probably an issue with lava going in and out in my ender tanks, but meh, 4 buckets is CHEAP.

I also try to cull as many packs I don't play as possible, but I just can't bring myself to do it with a few ATLauncher packs and Agrarian Skies.

I have in fact noticed that I seem to attract bugs in modded MC. Not sure why, I take frequent showers.

Last edited:
Reactions: DeathOfTime

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
I have in fact noticed that I seem to attract bugs in modded MC. Not sure why, I take frequent showers.
Eh, happens. Even with the smaller packs, you're talking a ton of different people with their own code styles and expertise's, who haven't worked together in any great capacity most times, hundreds of different items/blocks and ways of solving the issues inherent with them, all on top of a game that's only been streamlined to work without any of these, and THAT is on top of the PC-scape, which has as many different system configurations as a exponential curve. ;)
You see a lot of bugs with other games that can be modded as well, but MC has so much more of a community of such that it's much more apparent and frequent. It's nowhere near as bad as it used to be, for all my complaints. I still remember 1.6 mods, those were crashtastic and we loved them anyway. XD

recoil101

Jul 29, 2019
  • Supply and Demand : Based on a new system called FMC, or Ferret Market Cost, hundreds of blocks and items now have an FMC value, and can be crated and shipped to The Ferret Business for profit.
    They are divided into 15 categories, and can be crated similar to the previous Contract system, by combining them with an empty Shipping Crate, and then shipped via the QUEST Tablet or the Ender IO SAG Mill.

I'm a bit dim and I'm really struggling with this.... I was fine with the old system but I'm just not understanding the new one. I've got my head around the categories, and the 'tier' (10, 50, 100 etc) of supply crates. If I have 5x Material Supply Crates (10 FMC each) shouldn't I be able to combine 5 of them into a 50 FMC one?? Or am I just thinking this through wrong?

Narkah

Jul 29, 2019
You are thinking it through right, but sometimes recipes can be a tad bit... buggy. I also believe you can only make them in certain sizes of crate.

Cyperangel

Jul 29, 2019
I have also run into the laudanum problem. No matter how I try to complete the better dungeons quest, I get stuck on the laudanum. It simply will not recognize it. I have even tried piping them into the QDS block, but it just ate them, without completing the quest. Meh.

Narkah

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I just did /HQM edit and completed the quest using the admin book, then chucked 3 laudaunum off into lava.

Last edited:

Orma

Jul 29, 2019
I'm a bit dim and I'm really struggling with this.... I was fine with the old system but I'm just not understanding the new one. I've got my head around the categories, and the 'tier' (10, 50, 100 etc) of supply crates. If I have 5x Material Supply Crates (10 FMC each) shouldn't I be able to combine 5 of them into a 50 FMC one?? Or am I just thinking this through wrong?

I skip everything below 1k crates since those low tiers are weird ._.

Cyperangel

Jul 29, 2019
As added fun, something in my game has decided to rename certain regular Minecraft items to some rather odd things.
Cobble shall henceforth be known as :Lucas' hopes and dreams Cobble.
TNT shall be known as: Kayjaxx's Yellow Flash of Can't See.
The anvil will be known as: Brick Bosworth's Anvil.
Nether star shall be aknowledged as Toltteon's Radiance.

And that is just the ones I have noticed so far.... Anyone got any ideas as to what gives? o_Oo_Oo_O:confused:o_O

T

TheEpicCowOfLife

Hmmm, ok I have a really REALLY big pet peeve right now. 5x 1k crates CANNOT be crafted into 5k crates. This means i need to gather up both a 4k and a 1k crate, in order to craft it, resulting IN TERRIBLY COMPLICATED AUTOCRAFTING SYSTEMS. I also don't believe that 5 10k crates can craft a single 50k crate, another (less annoying) pet peeve.

A

Aryssax

558WbFE
Hey, so I've played this modpack before a while ago and quit due to LAN problems, I've decided to come back to play it now seeing as there have been lots of updates. The only problem is I can't :/
I re-downloaded the pack and launched my single player world that I had created a while ago before I quit but it doesn't load up even after hours of being AFK seeing if it would eventually load.
About a minute or so after I launch the world a message comes up saying that roughly 1000 items will be removed (because of all the updates during the time that I wasn't playing), I click "Yes" and nothing happens still and my screen just says "Loading world...".
Here is the Crash Log: http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/7ebead64
I'm using Java Version 8 Update 66 and have allocated 3.25GB to the FTB Launcher

EDIT: I tried creating a new world and that worked fine. Only thing is that I would really like to play in my old world, so yeah problem still sort of applies but its not the worlds, its just my old world that doesn't work :)

Last edited:

An0nymuS

Jul 29, 2019
558WbFE
Hey, so I've played this modpack before a while ago and quit due to LAN problems, I've decided to come back to play it now seeing as there have been lots of updates. The only problem is I can't :/
I re-downloaded the pack and launched my single player world that I had created a while ago before I quit but it doesn't load up even after hours of being AFK seeing if it would eventually load.
About a minute or so after I launch the world a message comes up saying that roughly 1000 items will be removed (because of all the updates during the time that I wasn't playing), I click "Yes" and nothing happens still and my screen just says "Loading world...".
Here is the Crash Log: http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/7ebead64
I'm using Java Version 8 Update 66 and have allocated 3.25GB to the FTB Launcher

EDIT: I tried creating a new world and that worked fine. Only thing is that I would really like to play in my old world, so yeah problem still sort of applies but its not the worlds, its just my old world that doesn't work :)

Did you delete your HQM quest data?

Reactions: Everlasting2