[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Garret Jax

Jul 29, 2019
Updated from .12 to .13 last night and after the HQM reset i was burning through the early quests
Noticed a few that cycled to some odd items - one asking initally for tin/copper suddenly was showing icon for gold nugget and bronze. Didn't have a change to grab a screen cap, but is there any known issue right now with ore-dict mapping in HQM ?

edit: ro -> to

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
What sucks though is that it has been like 2 weeks since I last played and I don't remember what I did and what I did not complete

Thanks anyway
Could always load up an older version of the pack and load up the world, write down where you progressed to, then update the modpack again.

D

DanLeo427

For some machines, you can't go directly from generator to RF consumer like a Redstone Furnace, you have to use something like an EnderIO Capacitor Bank as a 'middleman'.

bLDT4k1.png

Ah ok! Thanks, I remember something like that now, appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B

Bloody Tofu

Will melted tritanium ore in my smeltery and can't make ingots out of it. Any advice on how to get it to a usable form as it won't go into the ingot cast.

Markhor

Jul 29, 2019
Will melted tritanium ore in my smeltery and can't make ingots out of it. Any advice on how to get it to a usable form as it won't go into the ingot cast.

Confirming, Smeltery has no way of turning Tritanium into anything ingot or crystal wise. Only TiCon tools and weapons parts.

edit: it also seems to have no texture while in the Smeltery multi block structure, just the black and purple checkerboard pattern.

Sunseahl

Jul 29, 2019
Tritanium has no Tinker's cast linked to it's ingots.

Translation: Smeltery will melt the ore just fine... but it doesn't know what to do with it afterward. it doesn't know how... so it sits there.

Advice: make a seared tank, drain the ore into it, and wait. The pack will be updated with a fix SOON(tm). Any other ores of this can still be doubled through alternate methods(SAG mill, Grindstone, Enrichment Chamber).

B

Bloody Tofu

Translation: Smeltery will melt the ore just fine... but it doesn't know what to do with it afterward. it doesn't know how... so it sits there.

Advice: make a seared tank, drain the ore into it, and wait. The pack will be updated with a fix SOON(tm). Any other ores of this can still be doubled through alternate methods(SAG mill, Grindstone, Enrichment Chamber).
Gonna need a barrel :p but ya i'll drain and wait for an update. Sigh i had so much gathered...

Markhor

Jul 29, 2019
Gonna need a barrel :p but ya i'll drain and wait for an update. Sigh i had so much gathered...
Drums, seared tank, tanks from open blocks and ender io..many options. portable tank from Thermal Expansion too. i don't know of any barrels that will hold molten metal

Orma

Jul 29, 2019

Me and a friend reported this 4?++ months ago to MO dev. But nothing can really be done on his end since its tinker that goes haywire and snags his ore to smelt it but somehow forgets to add a ingot recipe :p.
Amazed people use tinkers smeltery for well .. not making tools. There are sooo many machines that are much faster. And more easily automated.

Sunseahl

Jul 29, 2019
Me and a friend reported this 4?++ months ago to MO dev. But nothing can really be done on his end since its tinker that goes haywire and snags his ore to smelt it but somehow forgets to add a ingot recipe :p.
Amazed people use tinkers smeltery for well .. not making tools. There are sooo many machines that are much faster. And more easily automated.
Don't for get better and having chance at more mats....

SAG Mill offers secondary and even tertiary ore chances with some blocks

Mekanism can be upgraded to a point that you're making something like x5 the amount of ores.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Updated from .12 to .13 last night and after the HQM reset i was burning through the early quests
Noticed a few that cycled to some odd items - one asking initally for tin/copper suddenly was showing icon for gold nugget and bronze. Didn't have a change to grab a screen cap, but is there any known issue right now with ore-dict mapping in HQM ?

edit: ro -> to
Okay that's odd, I understand what is going on though.

HQM basically grabs the FIRST oredictionary listing on the stack for an item when you set it to use the Ore Dictionary for an item.

I'm using MineTweaker to add new Ore Dict listings to many items, but the issue is my entries don't always get added to the bottom of the stack, probably due to load order for mods.

I know the workaround for this, though.

If I have the time before my surgery, I'll put out a new version of the pack in two weeks, fix some of these issues, and possibly add some more quests and whatnot for folks.

Reactions: An0nymuS

Orma

Jul 29, 2019
Don't for get better and having chance at more mats....

SAG Mill offers secondary and even tertiary ore chances with some blocks

Mekanism can be upgraded to a point that you're making something like x5 the amount of ores.
Mekanism is really good for ore multiplying, but the system required is massive, which is cool.

Also the factory machines for crushing/smelting can have i think 8? slots being processed at the same time in a single 1x1 block :D

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Amazed people use tinkers smeltery for well .. not making tools.
but its lovely for making enderium in bigger batches dont even need the liquid fire either then theres using for ender(lovely early-mid game) and emeralds and more efficent pearl farm

B

Bloody Tofu

Early game aka pre power it's amazing for ore doubling. 2 hoppers and a redstone clock and you have an amazing automated ore doubling system that helps get you set up for using powered machines. I generally don't use a single bit of ore iv'e mined early game till I double it threw the smeltery.

Markhor

Jul 29, 2019
Early game aka pre power it's amazing for ore doubling. 2 hoppers and a redstone clock and you have an amazing automated ore doubling system that helps get you set up for using powered machines. I generally don't use a single bit of ore iv'e mined early game till I double it threw the smeltery.
"Early game" has minor power production. Ender IO's Stirling generator is enough to power the free SAG Mill you can acquire after unlocking the shop, and requires a single redstone (as a Piston). Otherwise it's stone bricks, cobblestone, wood, and one iron ingot. VERY low power production, but considering the SAG Mill is free and veinminer wrecks trees, charcoal is infinite(-ly renewable) even at the start.

If you're talking about even before that, I can understand. But..clay..clay is one of my 3 banes in Minecraft. There's never enough of it.

Orma

Jul 29, 2019
Not to mention the generators from extra utilities. Those are seriously good for the price.

Markhor

Jul 29, 2019
Not to mention the generators from extra utilities. Those are seriously good for the price.
Survivalist Generator is the first that can be made, and takes more iron and redstone for less RF/T, but more RF per charcoal, true. Still expensive. The next best one is Furnace Generator, the first one I truly use, and it takes a LOT of iron.. but yes, you are right, those do work to start with.

B

Bloody Tofu

"Early game" has minor power production. Ender IO's Stirling generator is enough to power the free SAG Mill you can acquire after unlocking the shop, and requires a single redstone (as a Piston). Otherwise it's stone bricks, cobblestone, wood, and one iron ingot. VERY low power production, but considering the SAG Mill is free and veinminer wrecks trees, charcoal is infinite(-ly renewable) even at the start.

If you're talking about even before that, I can understand. But..clay..clay is one of my 3 banes in Minecraft. There's never enough of it.
Sorry i've never had a real issue with clay and litterly the first thing i do is grab a bunch of wood, make a wooden shovel, then get the mats for a small smeltery. After gathering some resorses to be doubled the auto set up is easy and i throw in all the cobblestone i've mined up to be melted into seared bricks to increase it's size. Hour in and im good to go with a large smeltery doubling my ores so yes VERY early game.

If clays an issue for you i'd suggest Botania. Easy enough to get up to endoflames for mana.. and theirs a flower that converts sand to clay for you. Combine that with something to auto place it for you/collect it and you can automate the clay production pretty easy with a grind cobble to sand, place, colloect, and profit. Had this set up so i could do some brick buildings for decoration.

Markhor

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry i've never had a real issue with clay and litterly the first thing i do is grab a bunch of wood, make a wooden shovel, then get the mats for a small smeltery. After gathering some resorses to be doubled the auto set up is easy and i throw in all the cobblestone i've mined up to be melted into seared bricks to increase it's size. Hour in and im good to go with a large smeltery doubling my ores so yes VERY early game.

If clays an issue for you i'd suggest Botania. Easy enough to get up to endoflames for mana.. and theirs a flower that converts sand to clay for you. Combine that with something to auto place it for you/collect it and you can automate the clay production pretty easy with a grind cobble to sand, place, colloect, and profit. Had this set up so i could do some brick buildings for decoration.
True, Clayconia works. Most expensive thing is some kind of dust/powder for mana dust, iron ingot, block of coal and..a dreaded mushroom..ok those are easy to find on Harvestcraft gardens.

I'll be rushing Botania this time around.

edit: other option, always valid, go raid a village for smeltery parts AND seeds..I might do that.

Pyrocantaes

Jul 29, 2019
Question regarding pressure plates .. how come they only react to players and not to blocks dropped on them .. what's the alternative for automating Botania endoflames? (I'm on version 0.13)