[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Didn't see a note that deleting HQM progress was required
The main menu mentions this in the sticky note to the side, as well as the big post for 0.1.3. Check my signature for the Troubleshooting document, it explains how to reset your questing data.

As for the memory allocation issues, it shouldn't. Something sounds off on your side of things. Try Force Updating and trying again and see if that helps.

Reactions: An0nymuS

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
The main menu mentions this in the sticky note to the side, as well as the big post for 0.1.3. Check my signature for the Troubleshooting document, it explains how to reset your questing data.

As for the memory allocation issues, it shouldn't. Something sounds off on your side of things. Try Force Updating and trying again and see if that helps.
I looked for that note on the main screen. I couldn't see it. It could be that I had a little difficulty reading the entire thing. I changed the "GUI" to normal after I first installed the pack is probably the cause.

I knew that it needed it from reading your post though about the update. Just throwing this info in their as to why some might not see it on their main menu. It might be there, just tough for them to read the main menu.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I looked for that note on the main screen. I couldn't see it. It could be that I had a little difficulty reading the entire thing. I changed the "GUI" to normal after I first installed the pack is probably the cause.

I knew that it needed it from reading your post though about the update. Just throwing this info in their as to why some might not see it on their main menu. It might be there, just tough for them to read the main menu.
Good point on that, I'll see what I can do about text legibility on those.

Looking into alternate ways to handle quest resets as well.

Reactions: DeathOfTime

MatunasCraft

Jul 29, 2019
Good point on that, I'll see what I can do about text legibility on those.

Looking into alternate ways to handle quest resets as well.

I didn't look at the post-its because they appeared to be the same as before. And I didn't see a notice about the update either. Do you post them to /r/feedthebeast or somewhere else?

I only found out about the update because the 3rd Party tab had a new graphic. My fault about not reading the post-it notes. Thanks!

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't look at the post-its because they appeared to be the same as before. And I didn't see a notice about the update either. Do you post them to /r/feedthebeast or somewhere else?

I only found out about the update because the 3rd Party tab had a new graphic. My fault about not reading the post-it notes. Thanks!
I tend to change the colors of the post it notes for each version so they look different. I have an idea on how to change them to be more noticeable though.

I haven't posted an official thing to r/feedthebeast yet, though I keep meaning to at some point.

I tend to make a megapost in the thread, and put a message in-game that leads to the post as well. I'll add some notes to the top of the main forum post for this as well, probably a link to the latest patch megapost and whatnot.

MatunasCraft

Jul 29, 2019
The main menu mentions this in the sticky note to the side, as well as the big post for 0.1.3.

FYI, the "Troubleshooting" button on the Main Menu links to the Changelog. I know there is a link to the Known Issues doc, just letting you know it doesn't straight to it.

Sunseahl

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, sweety... I gotta ask.... I HAVE to have the artist name for your new logo.... It's driving me nuts not seeing it in any sort of credits....

Markhor

Jul 29, 2019
You may wish to update your Trello's description. You mention researching the addition of Morph to other creatures, but specifically state Zulu mobs..which are gone (and thank goodness! My framerate shot up with that mod gone)

Cyperangel

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I may have derped, but I simply cannot figure out how to get the tritium or whatever it is called (MO metal) out of my smeltery, once it is turned liquid. It melts down fine, but simply will not exit the smeltery again. Neither ingots nor block casts work.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, sweety... I gotta ask.... I HAVE to have the artist name for your new logo.... It's driving me nuts not seeing it in any sort of credits....
This is something that really gets me. I could understand how it could cause a ton of extra work though. Every source should be cited for its contribution to a project. Like the "bibliography", yet for every project ever done. The issue is it would take tons of additional work to complete.

It is understandable not to cite stuff. Would be nice to hear a shout out every now and again for awesome stuff though. Like that art piece. The first one was good. This one is just all out awesome.

Orma

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I may have derped, but I simply cannot figure out how to get the tritium or whatever it is called (MO metal) out of my smeltery, once it is turned liquid. It melts down fine, but simply will not exit the smeltery again. Neither ingots nor block casts work.
NEVER use smeltery for that mods ore's. Thats because tinkers scripts adds it to make parts for. But there is no recipe to make ingots for it.
Tinkers is a big no go. You can still double and whatever in other mods machines.

V

Vinsdor

cant combine contract with ingots in Ferret Business Mega Packager. is there somo trick like placing matters?

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Whoops, I thought I had updated the main post with a link to the artist! Totally my fault, I'll do that shortly.

But the artist's name is Tiger in Space.

NEVER use smeltery for that mods ore's.
I need to go about adding casting to some mod's ores in the smeltery, but only after I redo RFTool dimensions 'again' due to the heavy shifting of biomes and material.

cant combine contract with ingots in Ferret Business Mega Packager. is there somo trick like placing matters?
Mega Packager is only for Bulk Order Contracts, and any item worth less than 1 FMC. Use any normal crafting table instead.

This is due to how many permutations I'd need to script for : 1 crate, with item values of 0.5, 1, 2, 5, 10, 25, 50, 100, 250, 500, equaling UP to 81 items.

D

DanLeo427

So immersive engineering wires don't work... Is it just me being stupid or is there something to do? This is in relation to ender IO coal generator and any other machine...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
So immersive engineering wires don't work... Is it just me being stupid or is there something to do? This is in relation to ender IO coal generator and any other machine...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For some machines, you can't go directly from generator to RF consumer like a Redstone Furnace, you have to use something like an EnderIO Capacitor Bank as a 'middleman'.

bLDT4k1.png

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
You could put a tank of some variety under the spout and pull it out that way, but that still won't fix the issue of how to use the molten metal I'm afraid.
I wonder if matter overdrive molten metals can cool a reactor..... XD

U

Unweptpit

I started playing this modpack like 3 weeks ago and did a lot of the quests and when I saw it updated I wanted to play again, then I noticed I had to remove the HQM folder in my world. When I did this it removed all of my quest progress, luckily I thought of making a backup. What do I do to play again without resetting my quest progress?

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I started playing this modpack like 3 weeks ago and did a lot of the quests and when I saw it updated I wanted to play again, then I noticed I had to remove the HQM folder in my world. When I did this it removed all of my quest progress, luckily I thought of making a backup. What do I do to play again without resetting my quest progress?
You can't, unfortunately.

What you can do though, is use the /hqm edit playername book to regain the quest progress you loss. The last quest page has special quests you can spawn items in as an Op to complete and regain lost shop loyalty/trader reputation.

U

Unweptpit

You can't, unfortunately.

What you can do though, is use the /hqm edit playername book to regain the quest progress you loss. The last quest page has special quests you can spawn items in as an Op to complete and regain lost shop loyalty/trader reputation.

What sucks though is that it has been like 2 weeks since I last played and I don't remember what I did and what I did not complete

Thanks anyway