[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

M

MokahTGS

I would suggest that you install NotEnoughIDs and AntiIDConflict and run it to make your configs a little better. I ran it after adding Ars Magica and found a bunch of conflicting potion IDs from default mods in your pack.

Also RTG has been massively updated, so hopefully you are planning on adding the newest version.

Last edited:

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I would suggest that you install NotEnoughIDs and AntiIDConflict and run it to make your configs a little better. I ran it after adding Ars Magica and found a bunch of conflicting potion IDs from default mods in your pack.

Also RTG has been massively updated, so hopefully you are planning on adding the newest version.
Not entirely sure I need the NotEnoughID's, but Anti ID Conflict is something I've, for sure, been meaning to run and just keep forgetting about it.

And yes, I usually update every mod to latest or near latest (if I see bug reports about latest being a giant issue) for each pack update.

8bithamster

Jul 29, 2019
Time to try the pack! with the avatar of the creator, and the way the intro is written I just have to do it :D Tried the crash landing and agrarian for a bit, but that was just to hard for me >< Not that decent at MC atm, so hopefully I can finish this one.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Something in this pack has started running our server out of memory within ~16 hours of previous restart. Wasn't that way the first week or so on the pack. Not sure how/if I can look at memory utilization on per mod basis?

Mlukvai

Jul 29, 2019
um why are there invalid items in the quest book

CURRENT KNOWN MINOR ISSUES IN 0.1.2

• The initial starting quests have “INVALID ITEMS” as rewards. This is due to a mod that had to be removed at the last moment, and can be ignored.
    • If you have cheats enabled, spawn yourself some Leather or Chainmail level armor, as the rewards were some custom armor pieces.

kylescott207

Jul 29, 2019
im not sure what the problem is but every time i kill an alligator my game crashes. not sure if anyone else is getting this or what is happening.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
im not sure what the problem is but every time i kill an alligator my game crashes. not sure if anyone else is getting this or what is happening.
alot of people have been getting this

their (aligator)either being disabled next update or all project zulu is being removed dont remember which one Caigan picked

Orma

Jul 29, 2019
Perhaps a possible change to make the ferret battery chargeable in another machine? The alloy smelter got a cap of 100rf/t.. getting 1 billion RF into that sucker is going to take a few days currently for REALLY low reward.

F

florene23

Hello, the game crashes during the loading screen. It got all the way to the 7/7 on the top but would crash during the textures part (and it happened several times). Thanks!

Edit: I read a post about the game crashing after killing an alligator. That's exactly what happened and the game hasn't started to run since. The game didn't crash when I killed the alligator per se, more like it stayed in the "Not responding" screen for a good hour and then I proceeded to "Kill Minecraft!" in the console.

Attachments

• crash-2016-03-20_15.50.51-client.txt
    33.8 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
F

Faithheart

(First of all: Sorry for my bad english ._.")

Hey there, i have a problem in running a Server :(
Cause i don´t even know whats the Problem.

maybe somebody can help...

Attachments

• Crash.txt
    19.9 KB · Views: 65

kylescott207

Jul 29, 2019
are there any texture packs that fully support this pack? i would assume probably not because of all the different ores from different mods. but if anyone finds something let me know, thanks

Daniel Mills

Jul 29, 2019
Just found this pack and it looks great. Seems like there is going to be a bunch of updates in the next release. Should I start now or is it worth it to wait a week for the update.

Also I recommend that you should look at FTB Utilities like they use in Infinity Evolved. It is a great way to handle claiming chunks in multiplayer and has built in server side chunk loading and backups.

M

Meskhenet

major crash last night. Finished my reactor and was starting my AE2 storage. I think i just put down the ME controller when it crashed.

Pastebin here

http://pastebin.com/yxdV0PuA

Had to redownload the pack in order to get it to load (would have the forge stuff going, then drop me to launcher when it was about to load)

Save file still seems unloadable :/

Orma

Jul 29, 2019
What power cables did you use to power the AE ? I know the mekanism cables are REALLY glitchy with everything but mekanism machines.

Luminary

Jul 29, 2019
I'm still stupidly stoked about playing on a multiplayer server for the first extended period of time! I've always wanted an excuse to actually build things, and this has provided.

L6aa6iM.png
The beginnings of humble Florian, the town built into a Flower Forest. A quaint little village of simple pastoral pleasures and flower magic, located on a slip of land at the mouth of a river.

Everything is reachable by rivers and oceans, in fact! We used to use boats, but everyone has a Ring of Chordata from Botania now, to swim through the rivers.

My little home is above. A friend lives in the dusty attic, crammed into my experience tanks and misc. magical storage chests.
PSwHT90.jpg
The local blacksmith. Both people I play with are totally new to modded Minecraft. Tinker's is an easy sell for people. We're all absolutely addicted to it, and reliant on it for a reason. There's some Immersive Engineering stuff in the back, to make steel too. Most of Florian's modern conveniences come from Immersive Engineering, for the effect. The crippling shortage of gold, however, will make proper MV wiring a challenge.

I6LB2uD.png
Me! With attached wings and fox tail, to get into the Ferret Business mood.
LumieCorp Corporation was intended to be pretty low tech. I'd made an elaborate fake boiler to power a few small machines.

Then the Concrete Wars happened. There were deaths, over the shortage. The construction of roads, the underground HyperTunnel system, and a giant oil rig necessitated the need of thousands upon thousands upon thousands of blocks of concrete. I would go out, mine thousands of blocks of gravel through strip-mining (Thank you veinminer!) and ravaging the land of a beautiful extreme hills valley with seas of ten-deep gravel, and it wasn't enough. So I filled up a huge amount of the workshop with machines to make stuff like concrete and sand. And thus the Concreteria was born. Behind me is the concrete machine, it sends everything around on adorable conveyer belts, and comes out of the side of a building to a central depot. We haven't run out again, with twenty-plus-thousand concrete available, but at this point, I half expect to find the Florian Town Strategic Concrete Reserve dry again, some day.

tQzilph.png
People were nervous when I mentioned that the workshop was nuclear powered. So I couldn't help but start to build a concrete nuclear bunker hidden underneath it, covered in warning signs. Down in the pit are a four IE Thermoelectric generators powered by blocks of Yellorium and packed ice. Florian Town uses clean nuclear energy! Reports of mutations in town are exaggerated.

I'll probably hide a few other gadgets down here. Or move some of the workings from up top down to here. That workshop is getting cluttered!
And most of the heavy industry will happen elsewhere. Probably on the oil rig.

wEC2PjL.png

F1 mode is for chumps!
The start of a farm, with a quaint farmhouse. A barn with an attached windmill is planned to be attached to it.

I was going to make the house the primary food-prep area for the server. (Save, perhaps, for a planned Sushi bar) Surrounded by fields of 10/10/10 veggies and suchlike.

But the change to get the freeloader out of my attic was too tempting. So I went to sprucing up the inside a bit.

z5zV07H.png
Okay, fine, a little F1 mode. The fridge is destined to all be filled with chili. Everyone eats Extreme Chili on this server, even my pet Gourmaryllis! It's so easy to make! And nobody else has learned how to use Agricraft yet, so they'll damn well eat what I give them. :mad:

TJ5aX1W.png
Said friend is nocturnal. So I made sure to close the window shutters to block our horrible daylight! They only need the warm glow of a monitor and lava lamp anyway.

tp1OzdG.jpg
Work has been continuing for days on a friend's oil rig. Though it has accelerated drastically now that I've given the rig builder a Builder's Wand and Botania Rods of Shifting Crust, and taught him how to use them. I've started to plot out the look of the lowest industrial level. The giant fans from chisel being layed out in a set way per-chunk has remained painful, as always. I'm going to have to commandeer an area hanging off one side for pipes. Every oil rig needs tangles of pipes, and to be a giant asymmetrical mess, at the end.

Down under the water, though you can't really see it, is a HyperTunnel connection. If you put water over concrete you go so absurdly, stupidly fast that the game thinks you're speedhacking and yanks you back. But with some proper control pulsing, you can get to that oil rig from Florian in about five seconds or less. It's a bit slower if you let the game think you're a 1337 H4X0r, but it's still faster than anything but direct teleportation.

A LOOK AT ITEM COSTS
I... I love you, Caigan. Marry me? :D

You have some kind of ProjectE-like shipping system now?

I was probably going to forgo updating, before, since I imagine it will break All The Things on the server. But I might give it a try now. After judicious backups. That just sounds too excellent.

Just make sure you mark-up the return shipping substantially, to prevent some kind of an EMC-Generator-like Setup!

How does this system work? Is it still done through HQM, and you just get tokens with certain values for shipping, or...?

Last edited:
M

Meskhenet

I was using the Ender IO mid tier ones, Advanced energy conduits? (i only just got my enderman farm up and running, so hadnt moved on to the top tier ones.

The conduit ran from the power tap and had a chunk loader attached to it (on the side) then branched off. One branch up and towards all my machines, the 2nd branch to the energy acceptor. I had moved the ME controller block about abit when it was all unconnected

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Something in this pack has started running our server out of memory within ~16 hours of previous restart.
This of something I and a lot of other server runners have noticed with any decently large pack. We usually have an auto-restart script for our servers for every 12 to 24 hours, depending on the size of the modpack.

Yeah, alligators are an issue currently. Project Zulu is being removed and replaced next update, due to the lack of work on Zulu.

Hello, the game crashes during the loading screen. It got all the way to the 7/7 on the top but would crash during the textures part (and it happened several times). Thanks!
You don't have enough memory allocated. Some people say they can get by with 2.5 gigs, but I highly recommend 3.5 to 4.5 gigs (MAXIMUM, java can have issues above this).

Cause i don´t even know whats the Problem.
I'm...not sure, that's a very small snippet of the log, but for sure one thing you can do is in server.properties, set the snooper line to false. It'll stop that console spam.

major crash last night. Finished my reactor and was starting my AE2 storage. I think i just put down the ME controller when it crashed.
Looks like the fluxed crystals 2 custom seeds got corrupted. Replace the files in /config/fluxedcrystals/ with the files in THIS ARCHIVE.

Save file still seems unloadable :/
You'll need to revert to one of the backups in the minecraft/backups folder.

You have some kind of ProjectE-like shipping system now?
Oh good, someone has caught the reference. =)

ust make sure you mark-up the return shipping substantially, to prevent some kind of an EMC-Generator-like Setup!
Yep, standard practice is any item you buy will cost around 10x of what you sell for, due to the existance of 5x and crazier output.

How does this system work? Is it still done through HQM, and you just get tokens with certain values for shipping, or...?
It still uses the same system I have in place : you can either submit them through the HQM, or through the EnderIO SAGMill.

Luminary

Jul 29, 2019
Perhaps spoilers for the pictures? Looks really really nice tho.

Also to get lots of gold, use the FluxedCrystals2 mod. It works really well, expensive to get going. But so worth it in the end.
Uwah! Forgive my netiquette breach. I'm not as forum-practiced as I used to be. Spoilered! Sorry about that.

And I do have some Fluxed Crystals stuff. The quest book was helpful for that. But I got roped into building before I could get it going, before I could much test the feasibility of production. It doesn't look that hard to manage. Lots of options to suck up items. Though my power requirements in the little workshop might not be up to snuff. Is it very costly, RF-wise?

Edit: I read a post about the game crashing after killing an alligator. That's exactly what happened and the game hasn't started to run since. The game didn't crash when I killed the alligator per se, more like it stayed in the "Not responding" screen for a good hour and then I proceeded to "Kill Minecraft!" in the console.
It might be a problem with morph interacting with said alligators. You get the same crash when you try to morph into or out of the alligator form. Though you can exist in it just fine after you come back after the initial morph-into-alligator crash. The crash when killing them might just happen due to the black soul glomming thing when murderizing them the first time.

@Caigan
How do you keep track of the ferret (fuzzy?) matter currency thingers, is what I'm wondering? Or is it just a cute abstraction or flavor text?