[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Orma

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question for you Caigan - Why is the SAG mill for turn in not 100% and consumes the right amount? ... RNGods are a twat and i just sent in 16 crates and got 0 out. This kind of needs fixing :/

Edit: From more testing with the SAG mill - It is never worth using it. Losing more chit's then gaining.

Tested with 200 shipping crates. I lost almost 50% of the chit's compared to turning in by hand.

Last edited:

Luminary

Jul 29, 2019
Your pack appears to have a problem. A mod in the pack is trying to run analytics every few seconds, unfortunately it is not set up for them and you get this:
Various folks have been talking about it for the last few pages. Aura Cascade has something weird going on with its analytics.

Sounds like we aren't massively far from the next version of the pack. Hopefully an update fixes it.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question for you Caigan - Why is the SAG mill for turn in not 100% and consumes the right amount? ... RNGods are a twat and i just sent in 16 crates and got 0 out. This kind of needs fixing :/

Edit: From more testing with the SAG mill - It is never worth using it. Losing more chit's then gaining.

Tested with 200 shipping crates. I lost almost 50% of the chit's compared to turning in by hand.
Um...I'll have to look at the script for that part, but I remember only a few crates specifically set to give 50% output on SPECIFIC items due to how the SAGMill only takes 1 item at a time to 'ship', and that doesn't translate directly to an even number.

But, as I've talked about a bunch, that supply/contract system is being completely revamped and reworked in the next update.
Various folks have been talking about it for the last few pages. Aura Cascade has something weird going on with its analytics.

Sounds like we aren't massively far from the next version of the pack. Hopefully an update fixes it.
Unfortunately there isn't an update on Aura Cascade's side that fixes it, but I will add a log in message right now, and a note on the main menu sticky notes in the update about disabling the snooper.

Orma

Jul 29, 2019
Um...I'll have to look at the script for that part, but I remember only a few crates specifically set to give 50% output on SPECIFIC items due to how the SAGMill only takes 1 item at a time to 'ship', and that doesn't translate directly to an even number.

But, as I've talked about a bunch, that supply/contract system is being completely revamped and reworked in the next update.
Ah good to hear. Guess i will just hold all my stuff until that is out, DSU <3

SyberSmoke

Jul 29, 2019

Are you sure it is Aura Cascade? I ask because I went into the config and turned off the analytics in that mod...nothing happened. Well unless the mod does not give a darn about it's own config. Then in that case it is worth the hassle to keep?

Cyperangel

Jul 29, 2019
Would it be at all possible to limit the spawn of ore in the modpack, to just one type of each ore, instead of as it is now, at least two types of tin, copper, aluminium etc?

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Are you sure it is Aura Cascade?
Yes, for some reason it doesn't follow that config option, and that one alone.

Then in that case it is worth the hassle to keep?
Seeing as how I did an entire questline on it, I'm a little hesitant to remove it, especially with something that is fairly easy to fix on the player's end for now.

Would it be at all possible to limit the spawn of ore in the modpack, to just one type of each ore, instead of as it is now, at least two types of tin, copper, aluminium etc?
This is a known issue, I missed disabling the IE versions of ores last update.

SirDoctorOfTardis

Jul 29, 2019
doesn't the sword "the ender " have this abilty when u strike endermen with it. another thing that could help is called "the sigil of ender-severance" from blood magic this ithem does have an upkeep cost to have active

Probably should've mentioned that this was for a enderman farm. Although now that I think about it, the ender might work, seeing as how I'm using Progressive Automation.

Edit: Is it an upgrade that allows the ender to inhibit endermen teleportation?

Last edited:
G

Glorysaber

I have not played Minecraft for a year or so now but a friend of mine introduced me to this mod and now I am a Minecraft lover once again! This is really bad as I have since started college... Not sure wether I should thank you or curse you... Great job mate.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Probably should've mentioned that this was for a enderman farm. Although now that I think about it, the ender might work, seeing as how I'm using Progressive Automation.

Edit: Is it an upgrade that allows the ender to inhibit endermen teleportation?
quoting ender io wiki "The Ender only stops endermen from teleporting if it is powered"
so u must give it the first upgrade ,the vibrant crystal

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
, seeing as how I'm using Progressive Automation.
Is there any other way between this, botania or blood magic?
blood magic way would require u to always be there so its out the sigil must be on the player ,
with the constraint that it has be a progressive automation killer doing the killing i dont remeber any way besides botania or ender io method
(im sorry the vincolotus just fits my endermen farms reqs toooo well for me to think about another method of dealing with there tele)

Orma

Jul 29, 2019
Botania has a flower for everything else .. so why not that? Might be a elven "tech" flower, check the book :p.

Also having endermen farms in the overworld is well .. silly at best because of said TP'ing. You could make a enderman farm in the millenium dimension, think that was the void dimension. Or make a void dimension with RF tools.

Thats why i got a massive farm of ender lily's going. Found 2 stacks total from raiding 1 dungeon and a few graveyards lol.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Botania has a flower for everything else .. so why not that? Might be a elven "tech" flower, check the book :p.

Also having endermen farms in the overworld is well .. silly at best because of said TP'ing.
they dont seem to tele in my early game build but that requires manual effort ,
plus the person asking explicitly said without botania and the build has to use a progressive automation killer

Harnessing the power of a few mods (not de)i made potent farm of endermen for the overworld it exploited there tele abilty to increase the builds yeild

M

MustTard

So i unlocked the "farm and industry" quest chain and the "so many tools" one and there are no quests in them, plus many items from the first couple rewards were "unnamed item" whats going on with that?

So i unlocked the "farm and industry" quest chain and the "so many tools" one and there are no quests in them, plus many items from the first couple rewards were "unnamed item" whats going on with that?
Nevermind

Last edited by a moderator:

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
QUICK UPDATE

Um, no Beta tomorrow. Some computer issues have arisen and I need to get those dealt with (The data for the update is fine, I have it backed up online regularly) and fixed before they become more serious (hard drive failure and some other not very fun issues).

Even if these issues hadn't arisen, I wouldn't have been able to put out the beta tomorrow. I've gotten slightly delayed due to RL things, and some of the scripting and mechanics rework are taking longer than anticipated (the Supply and Demand system is more or less in place, but I haven't had a chance to test it for half a day or so to figure if I need to rebalance costs on shop items. Contracts are barely there, as are a third level of contract I'm working on).

I don't want to give an ETA, but I'm shooting for early next week. MAYBE Sunday if things work out smoothly with getting system fixes.

Until then, have this...

Rp3IAQH.png

cJdU41z.png

Markhor

Jul 29, 2019
You've gotten me eager for the update now. It'll be a huge improvement over what we got for contracts and whatnot.