[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Orma

Jul 29, 2019
And I do have some Fluxed Crystals stuff. The quest book was helpful for that. But I got roped into building before I could get it going, before I could much test the feasibility of production. It doesn't look that hard to manage. Lots of options to suck up items. Though my power requirements in the little workshop might not be up to snuff. Is it very costly, RF-wise?

Not sure on the RF to reward - But with so many automation mods and power generators it should not be that hard to keep them happy :)

Luminary

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure on the RF to reward - But with so many automation mods and power generators it should not be that hard to keep them happy :)
Oh, I'm sure I could get the power. I have access to a prodigious amount of fuel, thanks to the oil rig. And there's nothing stopping me from expanding the nuclear pile in the basement. Or using Mekanism to various nefarious ends.

Just more keeping in theme of not industrializing too heavily, in the town!

I'll check it out after work, and hook things up to a capacitor bank to see how much it all pulls. The readout on rf/t usage is my favorite thing about capacitors. Thanks for the response!

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
How do you keep track of the ferret (fuzzy?) matter currency thingers, is what I'm wondering? Or is it just a cute abstraction or flavor text?
WyPVSfU.png

Reactions: SarcAndMiscGamer
M

MokahTGS

I'm having a lot of issues getting this modpack to load consistently. What will happen is the world will start to load and then either chunks (lots of chunks) will just not load or the whole world will just be blank with poor Project Zulu creatures falling/derping into the void. This is using RTG setup and 4gigs max for ram on the latest Java 8. Any ideas?

D

DanLeo427

I'm having a lot of issues getting this modpack to load consistently. What will happen is the world will start to load and then either chunks (lots of chunks) will just not load or the whole world will just be blank with poor Project Zulu creatures falling/derping into the void. This is using RTG setup and 4gigs max for ram on the latest Java 8. Any ideas?

Reduce your chunk view distance to around 8-10 and lower your graphics to from fancy to fast. Then after it loads up you can increase your chunks till you find the right amount. And if you want to reload your chunks to check, just press F3+A together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M

MokahTGS

Reduce your chunk view distance to around 8-10 and lower your graphics to from fancy to fast. Then after it loads up you can increase your chunks till you find the right amount. And if you want to reload your chunks to check, just press F3+A together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah that is always done on default...it's not the render distance...something else is corrupting things. It's not consistent...sometimes the world will load and then save/reload and its gone.

D

DanLeo427

Yeah that is always done on default...it's not the render distance...something else is corrupting things. It's not consistent...sometimes the world will load and then save/reload and its gone.

Oh I see, ok. Hmmm. Use the reload shortcut and see if that works, when ever my world won't load after a while or so I do that, or if i create a new world and the chunks won't load then I reload and that works. I do this for all modpacks. And if that doesn't work... Just wait for someone that knows a little more to respond to your question I guess XD

Edit: It can also be that not enough RAM is allocated to the game or that to much is allocated. Happened to me before because I only have 4gb in my pc and if I allocated to much the game wouldn't behave either.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm that's odd. What is your PermGen set at? Also, ensure that FTB is pointing at the right java instance (as sometimes you can end up with multiple versions installed)

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
What power cables did you use to power the AE ? I know the mekanism cables are REALLY glitchy with everything but mekanism machines.

ender io enhanced energy conducits (t2 made with energetic alloy) up until very recently ..... i had to replace them with ender energy

which leads into a point on my mind why does it cost over 6k rf/t to have a small(around 2 travel anchor blinks) set of wireless network connection pts (from ae2 stuff) a quantum ring (set?) uses under 1k rf/t (ae2 wiki says about 400rt/t at stock configs )

why did i even try to set this up ?-->i just wanted access to my ae network directly from my thaumcraft area and bring a few channels over for automation without having a column going down from a supposedly floating isle or stashing a 3*3 ring of tech in the floor

C

CarlchenLP

Hi Caigan,

thx for the nice mod-pack. We started it and it looks like a new experience for us ^^
Is it possible to update Inventory-Tweaks from 1.5.8 to 1.5.9 (or even newest version) with your next version (probably 0.1.3 ? !.5.8 seems not to work (not able to sort the inventory or chests) and it is also spamming the launcher console on client side like this
Code:
[Client thread/INFO] [inventorytweaks]: net.minecraft.client.gui.inventory.GuiChest
As far as I got information in some forums or reddit it seems to be okay with version 1.5.9
I tried to replace it on our server and clients with version
Code:
InventoryTweaks-1.59-dev-152.jar
which runs fine so far (sorting works), but still have the issue with the log-spamming.

I look forward to explore your modpack .. thx again :)

Regards and have fun
CarlchenLP

Last edited:

Orma

Jul 29, 2019
I have no problem at all with sorting inventory or chests. Just rebind some keys, since with this many mods several key bindings overlap.

M

MokahTGS

Hmm that's odd. What is your PermGen set at? Also, ensure that FTB is pointing at the right java instance (as sometimes you can end up with multiple versions installed)

Java 8 does not use PermGen. I only have one version of Java installed.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to update Inventory-Tweaks from 1.5.8 to 1.5.9 (or even newest version) with your next version (probably 0.1.3 ? !.5.8 seems not to work (not able to sort the inventory or chests) and it is also spamming the launcher console on client side like this
The problem I ran into with 1.5.9, which may or may not still be an issue, is the game would 'lag behind' slowly if you had it paused in the Esc menu or elsewhere. Say you hit Esc to go to the restroom and came back 5 minutes later. Resume game, you weren't able to access or interact with 'anything' for a bit. The longer you were away, the longer the 'lag' happened. I narrowed it down to Inventory Tweaks 1.5.9, and downgraded to 1.5.8 and it fixed it.

I'll test 1.5.9 again, though, in case it was an issue with Forge or something.

As well, I've not had issues using inventory sorting. Double check your keybinds and make sure something isn't conflicting.

Java 8 does not use PermGen. I only have one version of Java installed.
Oh right, that got depricated. Hmm, I'm not sure. =T Try it without fastcraft possibly?

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, I've enjoyed hosting this pack on a small server for my friends.

However, I appear to have crashed and need help with a few issues:
1) Why is the server crashing?
2) How do I get it to stop?
3) Can I keep the region files (given that there appears to be no backup system in place)

The crash log can be found here: http://pastebin.com/6tDRNCUZ

If anybody could help me with my issues so I can get the server back up I would greatly appreciate it.

P.S. On a side note, the last thing done was the removal of a routing focus from a blood magic ritual "orchestra of the phantom hands" about which I can find no information on the internet.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
The crash log can be found here: http://pastebin.com/6tDRNCUZ
It looks like the crash is from blood magic, probably partially due to that removal. One of the blocks in the ritual is bugged out and crashing the server.

You have a few options :

1) Download MCEdit and open the world. Locate the block/blocks (according to the crash, its at (-414,179,-1367), and delete it.
2) Use MCEdit, and delete the entire chunk or chunks the ritual was being performed in. According to the crash : (at 2,11,9 in -26,-86; contains blocks -416,0,-1376 to -401,255,-1361) (I'm not sure exactly how to parse chunk location/numbering, unfortunately). DOWNSIDE : This will delete everything in the chunks deleted.
3) Disable Blood Magic, load the world, have someone log into the area, then stop the server and re-enable it again. DOWNSIDE is that all blood magic stuff will be removed from the world.

3) Can I keep the region files (given that there appears to be no backup system in place)
I left Aroma Backup out of the server files, feeling that most server owners have their own backup systems they prefer to use, and could install AromaBackup themselves if needed. In future Server zips, I'll include Aroma Backup as well.

M

MokahTGS

So I've narrowed down the issue of the world not loading to an Not Enough IDs and something in the modpack that is incompatible. Isn't your issue, but thought you should know.

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks guys, I was able to fix it by going into MCEdit and removing the chest I took the focus from. That way it wasn't there to check and spaz out.

I do believe I've managed to crash the "Simply Magic" modpack with the same ritual, so maybe it's something I should try to bring to WayOfTime's attention.

SyberSmoke

Jul 29, 2019
Your pack appears to have a problem. A mod in the pack is trying to run analytics every few seconds, unfortunately it is not set up for them and you get this:

[23:58:36] [GA-DataSendThread/INFO] [STDERR]: [de.npe.gameanalytics.EventHandler$RESTHelper:sendData:209]: Failed to send analytics event data. Result of attempt: ok | Authentication hash used: f0e8bc2fe0d38586d631e4f2f048ce01 | Data sent: [{"install_publisher":"1.8.0_66-b18","install_site":"en_US","install_campaign":"10.0","install_adgroup":"amd64","install_ad":"Windows 10","install_keyword":"client","user_id":"clientf319465d-e213-443b-8083-c1ef57e099c5","session_id":"1458715387896","build":"unspecified"}]

After a few hours, this bloats the logs up quite a lot, enough to causes memory issues and crashes. You may wish to look into this, sadly I do not know what mod is causing the spam...but it is an issue.

To other players, turn off snooper to stop the spam. ;-)

Last edited: