[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

D

DanLeo427

Just a quick question, is anyone else having problems with computercraft? It doesnt seen like my advanced computer wants to connect to anything :/ especially the reactor... Can someone just check it out and tell me if I'm just an idiot with my coding or if it's actually happening?

I used OS1.6 logic on OS1.7 but I don't see how that should have an impact at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luminary

Jul 29, 2019
UPDATE ON THE UPDATE
<snip>
Always happy to hear about new shippables. Especially now that magical crops is gone, it's harder to find things to automate and send in.

We could probably use more refined goods in general that can be shipped. Essentia and flowers are a really solid idea (though I'm allergic to thaumcraft). But on the technological side, things like, say, Octactic Capacitors or Resonant Machine Frames or other things like that might be worth creating some shippables for, that are worth more than their base metals, due to the added crafting.

I'd also laugh my butt off if you create an unstable ingot shipment, that starts more or less on par with sending a diamond, but gets disproportionately more valuable the more unstable ingots you manage to cram into it before detonation.

On an unrelated note, I know you were having lots of trouble wrestling with HQM before. Have the latest updates that made it more modular and editable helped at all?

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
We could probably use more refined goods in general that can be shipped.
Instead of about 25% of items in a mod being shippable, about 95% are now.

On an unrelated note, I know you were having lots of trouble wrestling with HQM before. Have the latest updates that made it more modular and editable helped at all?
A little more manageable, but its still easy to get to a point that requires a quest reset for players, unfortunately.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
i also laugh my butt off if you create an unstable ingot shipment, that starts more or less on par with sending a diamond, but gets disproportionately more valuable the more unstable ingots you manage to cram into it before detonation.
if these are a ship-able item then im glad i scavenged all the music discs from magical crops before it left , just 2 rituals to do for it (oddly i have not done the cursed earth ritual because bags have provided me with enough unstable ingots items for my needs ) so the 2 rituals should not be to hard to execute

T

TheCurls15

[22:05:16] [GA-DataSendThread/INFO] [STDERR]: [de.npe.gameanalytics.EventHandler$RESTHelper:sendData:209]: Failed to send analytics event data. Result of attempt: ok | Authentication hash used: 15cb789474d44b791e9c7f57c4ea0d03 | Data sent: [{"install_publisher":"1.8.0_73-b02","install_site":"server","install_campaign":"10.0","install_adgroup":"amd64","install_ad":"Windows 10","install_keyword":"server","user_id":"server96f8ca74-265b-4f3b-b932-0a0060a68e47","session_id":"1458338624881","build":"unspecified"}]

Could you please help?
I really want to try this modpack but I can't get it to work because of this error, it's stopping the server from working. Do you have any idea what it could mean?

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
A LOOK AT ITEM COSTS

So, I just wanted to show off some examples of items you can ship for some of the mods I've priced and catalogued.

It's good to note that : I take into account ALL the recipes it takes to make an item. Leather itself is 75 FMC, but a pair of leather leggings is 75 FMC as well...because a mod has an easy, alternate crafting method for leather leggings.

QRzLg6Z.png
As you can see, items with a value less than 1 FMC can only be crated in the Mega Packager, the 9x9 crafting grid which cannot be automated.

GUpMrzQ.png
Botania Flowers require themselves to be crated individually before put into larger crates.

GK03qA2.png
Yeah, that thing is worth over 1 MILLION FMC. IT is by far...not the highest priced item by a lot. It gets crazier.

jVzO6D7.png
As you can see, that jetpack is not the most expensive item you can make and ship.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Could you please help?
I really want to try this modpack but I can't get it to work because of this error, it's stopping the server from working. Do you have any idea what it could mean?
In your options menu, disable the Snooper settings. the Google Analytics Snooper is erroring out badly for some folks.

If its on a server, have the admin disable the snooper in server.properties.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
A soul fragment for 75k? Did you add an alternate recipe in here I've just missed because that seems really low. In a normal world there are only two ways to get them, permanently lowering your health by 10%, of which you can only do 7 times for a cap of 30% max HP. The other is that technically they are a mob drop, with a 1 in 43 million chance of dropping, about a 0.0000023% drop rate, you can increase that to a whopping 1 in 43 million chance if you kill them with the kikoku. Although the latter is actually the soul of the forgotten deity which is slightly more powerful, being a soul fragment that works with anyone to restore health.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
A soul fragment for 75k? Did you add an alternate recipe in here I've just missed because that seems really low. In a normal world there are only two ways to get them, permanently lowering your health by 10%, of which you can only do 7 times for a cap of 30% max HP.
Blind bags also have a chance at them, as well as POSSIBLY going to sell them in the shop for a ridiculous amount. So, multiple ways to get them beyond the ones you already listed.

TheLogan

Jul 29, 2019
Just playing around in single player, and so far all the quests I've completed have given me a few invalid items. I'm playing on the recommended version on the FTB client, which seems to be 0.1.2

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Just playing around in single player, and so far all the quests I've completed have given me a few invalid items. I'm playing on the recommended version on the FTB client, which seems to be 0.1.2
The CEO Messages you get when loading a world explain these. They are safe to ignore, or you can spawn yourself leather or chainmail armor, which is what they were equivalent to.

TheLogan

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I'm not sure where to see that as it doesn't say so on the quests that have so far been affected (so far as I can see at least) ..
But up until now I've just spawned the cheap reward bag instead (forgot its name)

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I'm not sure where to see that as it doesn't say so on the quests that have so far been affected (so far as I can see at least) ..
But up until now I've just spawned the cheap reward bag instead (forgot its name)
It might be getting pushed off screen with update notices, as I haven't disabled a bunch of them I realize.

Occasionally YAMPST, which sends the messages to players, is down, so that could be why as well.

BMan2505

Jul 29, 2019
Hi there, I've been playing in single player for a while and so far everything has worked fine except for the fact that the world seems a bit bare of vanilla mobs (specifically cows and sheep). Is there any way I can increase their spawning?

M

MokahTGS

Is there a link for the newest .1.3 version...there's a lot of changes and starting new, I'd rather start with those changes.

J

JericoHardstyle

Is there any use for Extra Utilities Colored Blocks or are they a waste of space?

SarcAndMiscGamer

Jul 29, 2019
In the Known Issues list(minor issues section), I noticed you mention Immersive Engineering copper and tin as duplicate ores. IE Bauxite is also duplicate with Tinker's Construct aluminum. Another duplicate item I've found is mutton. Sheep drop both Pam's Harvestcraft mutton and Project Zulu mutton. Hope this helps, I've really been enjoying your pack so far!

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Hi there, I've been playing in single player for a while and so far everything has worked fine except for the fact that the world seems a bit bare of vanilla mobs (specifically cows and sheep). Is there any way I can increase their spawning?
Botania has an item called a Cocoon of Caprice, but its somewhat deep in the Botania tech tree.

I'll add to the Trello to add a shop item for some standard monster spawn eggs.

Is there a link for the newest .1.3 version...there's a lot of changes and starting new, I'd rather start with those changes.
No beta for it yet, end of next week at earliest.

Also, any plan on adding Ars Magica to the pack with a quest line?
Ars is a fairly complex mod, and right now the only larger mod I plan on adding is Matter Overdrive.

Is there any use for Extra Utilities Colored Blocks or are they a waste of space?
They are ore dictionaried with the normal versions of the blocks, and with the update they'll be crateable and can be shipped for profit.

Bauxite is also duplicate with Tinker's Construct aluminum.
Ah yes, forgot about this. Bauxite is also the appropriate name for it, as I believe there is no actual 'aluminum ore' in reality (if I am remembering correctly)

Sheep drop both Pam's Harvestcraft mutton and Project Zulu mutton.
Project Zulu is being removed in the next update, and will be replaced with one or two much smaller but more constantly updated mods.