[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

TheOramgebananna

Jul 29, 2019
hey caigan, can i suggest possibly adding the inventory pets mod? you could have a "go search" questline/area in exploring your world where you find the structures and turn in/auto detect pets and could offer good reward bags with an option basic or 10 coins.

DoYouMined

Jul 29, 2019
hey caigan, can i suggest possibly adding the inventory pets mod? you could have a "go search" questline/area in exploring your world where you find the structures and turn in/auto detect pets and could offer good reward bags with an option basic or 10 coins.
Inventory Pets is a "little" ridiculously overpowered. The purple cow costs one diamond and gives you so much regeneration that you can literally swim in lava without fire resistance.

Aryssa

Jul 29, 2019
I've been searching for a great HQM modpack for ages, this one certainly grabs my attention. Excited to play, downloading now :D

How to download?

When you are on the FTB launcher go to: 3rd Party Packs --> Pack Codes --> and type in ILoveBlindBags --> The Ferret Business should appear in the list ready for you to download :)

I've just started the modpack, I've completed the Natural, Technology and Magic Research quests and now am not sure where to go, any tips? :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
I've been searching for a great HQM modpack for ages, this one certainly grabs my attention. Excited to play, downloading now :D

When you are on the FTB launcher go to: 3rd Party Packs --> Pack Codes --> and type in ILoveBlindBags --> The Ferret Business should appear in the list ready for you to download :)

I've just started the modpack, I've completed the Natural, Technology and Magic Research quests and now am not sure where to go, any tips? :D
u can start with "magical flowers " which is botania (warning 1 early quest needs 14 diamound i think) or conduit machinery (ender io) or automation station (mfr/progressive automation)
id also suggest a tinkers setup becuase the tools and weopons can lvl up (thank you easy mode igwana tweaks )and get nice bonuses on lvl up as well as plenty of chance for a large amount of modifier slots

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumcraft Questline is now written, barring a few crossmod things with Blood Magic and AE2, which will have to wait until those questlines are ready.

https://twitter.com/caigan/status/670768052556926977

Now I need to go through myself and do some testing, and work on the super much shorter quest fixes for Open Modular Turrets, update Botania questline a bit, and then return to rebalancing the Shop and Contracts.

No ETA yet, sorry!

-------------------------

Hey caigan, i may have asked this earlier but any chance on getting a bees/forestry questline? its a cool looking mod but i dont know what im doing
This is one of the major questlines planned, nothing but Beeeeeees (and tree and butterfly breeding really).

Caigan.. it's possible get the Draconic evolution's Energy infuser? the faster way for me now is the wireless chager from ender IO.. but.. its take much time... and put more.. don't help... just get some like 10000 RF/t... thermal expansion's infuser... (ressonat) get max 5000 RF/t..
This is an update to Draconic Evolution, which I'll be updating the questline in a bit to offer it.

How and where to download?Post a link tothe modplease.
FTB Launcher : Download "Stable", Run, click Pack Codes and enter ILoveBlindBags . It will be added to the Third Party section.
Curse Voice : Install, run, click Minecraft, then search for Ferret, should be one of the only packs that shows up.

caigan the tesseract, wherever I go in the world, is not working so I need to deactivate and reactivate, has some way to solve this? =/
This is something I need to look into to see how to fix. Hopefully its just the mods needing updated.

16 rough shards are needed to get 1 piece of sand ... that is way way tooo little yield considering 16 shards is 3 harvests of 1 seed and that sand is a very common block
Good point, I'll lower this.

more of that kind of side uses would be great
This is something I'd like to do in the future, I agree.

hey caigan, can i suggest possibly adding the inventory pets mod?
This mod, if I remember, is a bit oddly balanced, but I"ll look into it.

I've just started the modpack, I've completed the Natural, Technology and Magic Research quests and now am not sure where to go, any tips?
The top row of quests are the only ones with actual questlines right now, so focus on those. Each one will bring you start to finish on one or more mods.

If you are short on materials, keep in mind part of the goal is to automate Production contracts, using the SAG Mill to turn them in. This can get you enough coins to buy materials in a pinch.

u can start with "magical flowers " which is botania (warning 1 early quest needs 14 diamound i think)
Yeah, this is going to get changed up a bit, but its good to note you can buy Diamond Ore in the Shop if you are short on Diamonds, its just a bit expensive.

Reactions: TheOramgebananna

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Caigan.. it's possible get the Draconic evolution's Energy infuser? the faster way for me now is the wireless chager from ender IO.. but.. its take much time... and put more.. don't help... just get some like 10000 RF/t... thermal expansion's infuser... (ressonat) get max 5000 RF/t..

This is an update to Draconic Evolution, which I'll be updating the questline in a bit to offer it.
i swear i noticed a quest for the draconic energy infuser in the quest book it was locked behind another quest

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
i swear i noticed a quest for the draconic energy infuser in the quest book it was locked behind another quest
Oh oops! I was thinking of a different item then. Yeah, checking, the Energy Infuser quest is connected to The Core quest, called A Powerful Charge.

SilverDk

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Caigan, great pack there. I wonder if there's any plan to add immersive engineering to the pack?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Caigan, great pack there. I wonder if there's any plan to add immersive engineering to the pack?
I've considered it, but its a mod that straddles the line between 'small' and 'medium' and its steadily growing right now, so I'm on the fence. I love the mod, don't get me wrong. =)

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
so i visited the nether for the first time since i updated to current version (did not have a need or want to visit it earlier ) i think i found a bug mainly the vannila overworld mobs are spawning in the nether (like endermen are spawning in the nether so are normal creeper and spiders) as well as the normal nether mobs that spawn there. Then theres the skeletons and wither skeletons that are spawning everywhere in the nether not just in fortress

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
so i visited the nether for the first time since i updated to current version (did not have a need or want to visit it earlier ) i think i found a bug mainly the vannila overworld mobs are spawning in the nether (like endermen are spawning in the nether so are normal creeper and spiders) as well as the normal nether mobs that spawn there. Then theres the skeletons and wither skeletons that are spawning everywhere in the nether not just in fortress
Thats odd...hasn't happened in the multiple test worlds I've done since last update...
Is this an older world as well, and could you have stopped in the Nether for a moment before the latest update that removed Biomes O Plenty?

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Thats odd...hasn't happened in the multiple test worlds I've done since last update...
Is this an older world as well, and could you have stopped in the Nether for a moment before the latest update that removed Biomes O Plenty?
older world yes its from the time when lycanites had potion issues that cuased crashes (so 2 updates ) yes i had explored the nether a bit i needed to grab a Safari net of a wither skele and a blaze and before that some nether quartz (and got killed by reaper a time or 2 when they got there potion effect back 2x in the nether i think because of that potion effect)

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
older world yes its from the time when lycanites had potion issues that cuased crashes (so 2 updates ) yes i had explored the nether a bit i needed to grab a Safari net of a wither skele and a blaze and before that some nether quartz (and got killed by reaper a time or 2 when they got there potion effect back 2x in the nether i think because of that potion effect)
Hm, does this happen with a brand new world too? I'm wondering if the Biomes O Plenty removal messed upt he biomes already generated that were BoP.

You may want to reset your Nether then.

1. Go back to the overworld in your world.
  2. Exit out of your world, either back to the main menu, or close minecraft completely.
  3. Navigate to the save folder for your world. ( /minecraft/saves/worldname/ )
  4. Rename/delete the DIM-1 folder
  5. Reload the world and go back to the Nether.

oliverrook

Jul 29, 2019
I've considered it, but its a mod that straddles the line between 'small' and 'medium' and its steadily growing right now, so I'm on the fence. I love the mod, don't get me wrong. =)
Yes, it is definitely a new mod, and kind of small right now, it is by no means what-so-ever a bad mod. In fact, I feel it's what a lot of the older mods, such as Industrial Craft, aspired to be. It is a very cool mod, and has the potential to become one of the best tech mods out there, especially seeing as it was so popular on direwolf's channel.

Felipe Oyabu

Jul 29, 2019
This is something I need to look into to see how to fix. Hopefully its just the mods needing updated.

i'll test if is cuz the chunk is not loaded... i put a chunk load for test..

EDIT: NOPE! not chunk load problem =/

and... OMG! i lost all my inventory... it's reset to the book... i take a backup it's save me... aromabackup is the best... but some times i lost all the world even the backups don't fix it... someone knows why? it's so sad... Ç_Ç

Last edited:

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I will most likely be adding the new Thaumic Sanity mod into the modpack.

It changes it so you don't need Warp to unlock the Eldritch tree.

Warp is a love/hate mechanic. In this pack, I don't like Warp because you have a choice to either : A) Gain Warp levels that require you to put up with strong monster attacks, bad headache inducing vision, long bouts of unnatural hunger that require you to gain MORE warp or put up with eating lots of food, etc to complete the quests. OR B) Not 100%ing the quest book and ignoring an entire mod, since you'll be taking a LOT of time to do other mods too. OR C) I disable Warp and lock an important chunk of the mod away (Eldritch).

-----------------------------------

Hi! I dont know were i can download ir!! Please, help me

FTB Launcher : Download "Stable", Run, click Pack Codes and enter ILoveBlindBags . It will be added to the Third Party section.
Curse Voice : Install, run, click Minecraft, then search for Ferret, should be one of the only packs that shows up.

Felipe Oyabu

Jul 29, 2019
Caigan pls... put more options of exchange... like 10 stacks or more... i have more then 300k silver coins and use so much the trade of HQM crash the game... =(

why you don't make a craft for exchanges on hihg level? it' gona help só much on the automation =D

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
i'll test if is cuz the chunk is not loaded... i put a chunk load for test..

EDIT: NOPE! not chunk load problem =/

and... OMG! i lost all my inventory... it's reset to the book... i take a backup it's save me... aromabackup is the best... but some times i lost all the world even the backups don't fix it... someone knows why? it's so sad... Ç_Ç
The Tesseract problem looks it is a known Single Player problem with some folks. This is apparently fixed in dev builds that aren't available yet, unfortunately.

As for the inventory loss, I'm not sure whats causing that for you.

Caigan pls... put more options of exchange... like 10 stacks or more... i have more then 300k silver coins and use so much the trade of HQM crash the game... =(
Don't forget you get a stack of exchange tokens, which you can put in the EnderIO Alloy Smelter with the coins to automate exchanging into shop vouchers.

The Exchange Tokens will be craftable with themselves in the next version, to duplicate them, so that you can automate exchanging them with the Smelter easier.

As for the HQM crash from clicking buttons too fast : The newest version of HQM apparently fixes a majority of this issue, though it can possibly still crop up.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Hm, does this happen with a brand new world too? I'm wondering if the Biomes O Plenty removal messed upt he biomes already generated that were BoP.

You may want to reset your Nether then.
okay nether has been reset looks decent now and mob spawning seems normal

Warp is a love/hate mechanic. In this pack, I don't like Warp because you have a choice to either : A) Gain Warp levels that require you to put up with strong monster attacks, bad headache inducing vision, long bouts of unnatural hunger that require you to gain MORE warp or put up with eating lots of food, etc to complete the quests. OR B) Not 100%ing the quest book and ignoring an entire mod, since you'll be taking a LOT of time to do other mods too. OR C) I disable Warp and lock an important chunk of the mod away (Eldritch).

I still don't understand what all the fuss is about warp is now a days, i know it was very bad early on but now it seems fine (as long as u dont wear or keep touching warping gear (for example void tools and armor )
"Strong monsters " tinkers crossbows dealt around 16-18 dmg early on in the last version (so before magical wood and te alloys) crossbows have not gotten weaker since .the stong monsters are chamption mobs with the mighty in there name and the outlands bosses if u dont get lucky. Then there are strong swords tinkers and otherwise.
"long bouts of unatural hunger" , u do know that can be banished by eating rotten flesh(no u dont have eat zombie brains ) each piece of rotten flesh u eat removes 1 lvl of un-natural hunger and it typical has a max lvl of 4.
If u stop getting any kind of warp added to ur character aka stop doing forbidden research and stop doing forbidden recipes(yes the use of the wisperweed is a forbidden recipe because ur trading mana for temp warp and research pts ) assuming u don't get hit by an elderich guardian or go to the outerlands . the warp effects will start ticking down when they tickdown all the way ,your warp becomes dormant meaning u don't get any more warp events unless u do or use one of the forbidden things(basically dont get more warp of anykind) mentioned earlier . The key note to mention is U MUST let the effects actually hit u for it to tick down and NOT hide under warp ward, however using the fortress helm mask that decreases the severity of your warp events is fine because it still lets the events happen but it weakens them.

why should u believe me ?
ive gone through the entire route of getting elderich knowledge(more then 1 time) and to the point ive been ready to open the outerlands portals in a different pack( ftb infinity) then the warp events went dormant as i stopped using/ interacting with forbidden knowledge/actions, i dont see how it will be different if i did it in this version of ferret business.

Last edited:
Reactions: An0nymuS