[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Roland117

Jul 29, 2019
Is the lack of Biomes of Plenty in the newest downloadable version from the launcher supposed to be like this?

Roland117

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you very much! Was wondering about that because launcher single player popup white text says to make sure world type is set to biomes of plenty :p

Was having some lag spiking issues, where game would run for a few seconds, then it'd be a few seconds of non-responsiveness while my quadcore processor maxes out. Trying out some RAM increasing and then I'll jump to peaceful to see if hostile mob spawns are the cause. Playing on a map with realistic alpha world gen, so we'll see :)

Memory increase from 2gig to 4gig in launcher has helped significantly :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Pudding01

Th3Ch053n0n3

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Caigan, can you do me a solid and tell me a list of the mods that are Thaumcraft dependent? I'm ripping it out, because EVERY time I find a spot I like, I go exploring and run into a Tainted Lands Biome.... This has happened on SIX DIFFERENT SEEDS so far....

GreatEmrys

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Caigan, can you do me a solid and tell me a list of the mods that are Thaumcraft dependent? I'm ripping it out, because EVERY time I find a spot I like, I go exploring and run into a Tainted Lands Biome.... This has happened on SIX DIFFERENT SEEDS so far....

Remember, there are quests that are or will be dependant on thaumcraft. You can always turn offf taint in the configs. I see so many complain aboutit, but in my world I have yet to see taint even after travelling thousands of blocks...

Th3Ch053n0n3

Jul 29, 2019
Then can somebody pass me a taint-disabled config? I'd change it myself, but configs and I have a loooong history of bad things happening. I managed to BLUESCREEN a PC just by screwing with some of IC2's configs once.

DoYouMined

Jul 29, 2019
"greggy_greg_do_please_kindly_stuff_a_sock_in_it" oredictionaries leather boots to the equivalent of a stack of blue leather boots. Wut even?

BigManVegas

Jul 29, 2019

Without BoP the RWG taint gen is much higher due to there being much less biomes to choose from. My first world spawn was taint w/o BoP

BigManVegas

Jul 29, 2019
Are the MFR rubber trees set in the config for RWG I can't seem to find any. There are IC2 trees but can't see MFR ones.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Thankee, sir.

Edit: This doesn't seem to stop those altars from spreading Taint. Odd.
altars spreading taint ,what the only taint spawns in world gen or by a mistake the player makes (commonly configed off in ftb packs )or intentionally by the player(wand focus primal's effect counts as intentional for this pt)
the only altar that spreads a biome i know is becuase of a sinister node and thats not a taint biome its called an Eerie biome and it does not spawn tainted creatures only special thing it spawns are furious zombies and elderich guardians and wisps

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Are the MFR rubber trees set in the config for RWG I can't seem to find any. There are IC2 trees but can't see MFR ones.
I haven't seen any worldgen MFR rubber trees, but there are mega tree saplings in chests, which grow into MFR trees that drop the saplings. They are kinda rare, I only found them in three chests on my map (this is how much I explored).

You can still get rubber from IC2 trees though, in a sawmill.

Reactions: An0nymuS

DoYouMined

Jul 29, 2019
So, amber is regarded as a "precious" resource by the supply contracts. I don't know if you've been to a mountain recently, but amber is not a very uncommon resource, to say the least. Just sayin.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
I haven't seen any worldgen MFR rubber trees, but there are mega tree saplings in chests, which grow into MFR trees that drop the saplings. They are kinda rare, I only found them in three chests on my map (this is how much I explored).

You can still get rubber from IC2 trees though, in a sawmill.
there is one other way to get mfr's normal sapling without it spawning in world gen u can buy one off of a mfr villager (cost is a few of one of the vanilla saplings and a few emeralds )

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
The Flat Lamp 2509 from Ztones has the same crafting recipe with Colorful Lamp 1634 from Computronics.

Busi

Jul 29, 2019
Hay @Caigan take a look at this and let me hear what you think / if worthy of the pack :)
adds 2 blocks, a block that can use solid fuel for the smeltery and a block that can output faster
http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/229503-tinker-i-o

makes it possible to change / remove old modifiers that can be used or limit them to balance them out or even new modifiers based on what you code, like making use of some of the more end game items to empower the tools more
like maybe draconic capacitors as a modifier, dragon hearts, dragon eggs and i even think he is working on adding options that allows you to make modifiers that will add enchantments so you could add other non vanilla enchantments to the tools / weapons
http://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/tinkers-modifiers

Busi

Jul 29, 2019
Quest book is bugged with Diamond Exchange Rate you have to reopen the book everytime you turn it in to make it show up, if not then it dissapear and you can get it back by doing Emerald and Steel rates first then the diamond shows up again if you don't just reopen the book.

Is there anyway to get the default book back? have an idea it could be the custom book that does it.