[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Um, we're running a business here, not a charity :p Those extra coins go into operating all those SAG mills.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I put in 8 (manual would have resulted in 4 coins for example), I got 6 coins with the SAG mill + flint. Just pointing out a potential (okay, not really POTENTIAL, it IS) exploit.
Actually, all grinding balls SHOULDN'T work on any Ferret Shinies crates. I tested that myself when I first added the custom recipes...now I"m wondering if that broke too. Oooi....

-------

Also sorry for being slow on responses and info about the next patch in the works. Weekend is, as usual, busy for me, and have had to deal with making sure the place was in good condition for yearly apartment inspections.

Also, trying to get my video editing programs and stuff back in order, something broke them since I last used them early this year and they aren't quite behaving as they should. I have a few videos planned for the modpack (it's one reason I haven't updated the main post yet. Patience! =)

BigManVegas

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumcraft is my favorite mod with all the addons people make it becomes ever expanding I'm just sad to see that most packs people make only have the staple forbidden magic(BM & botania linking), tinker, and energistics. Fewer have exploration and even fewer have horizons and witching gadgets.

One mod I might suggest adding to the pack is a small one Cooking for Blockheads. It is a very nice kitchen multi block. I'll be adding to any pack with harvestcraft.

the_void__

Jul 29, 2019
thats the only requirement the bee with the trait working nearby then drop the dragon egg in ithem form next to it , i swear that was what i did that time does the effect take several minutes to activate or something or was there a config that disabled that working on the dragon egg
It should happen instantly. The bees do have to be active though. Maybe you had the wrong biome or missing flowers or any of the other things that stop bees from working?

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
0.1.1 CHANGELOG....VIDEO!

Yep. Changelog video. I made one. The mic quality is terrible cause my good mic is having issues with Windows 10, and you can tell I'm a ferret cause I will not. stop. moving. around.

Click Click Click goes the mechanical keyboard. =)

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
the build i used for the power quests last version would not have used anything less then full capacitors because the conduit doing the battery extraction was set to only pull ithems with 100% charge no less that said i still had more coins then i could really use , so yes the power quests did need to be overhauled

so to charge a ferret battery u need to bake it in an alloy smelter for awhile well i guess there is no avoiding ender io at early mid game now and the fact they u
they both need gold well it did need more gating then lead and sulfur and iron and copper to start

at the change log vid , you probably should have mentioned passive botania flowers (daybloom,nightshade, hydrodracoas(i can never spell the water flower)) decaying after x time (after a certain version its hardcoded on no more config) since theres a quest line for that mod and its a very signifcant change

Reactions: Pudding01

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
so to charge a ferret battery u need to bake it in an alloy smelter for awhile well i guess there is no avoiding ender io at early mid game now and the fact they u
they both need gold well it did need more gating then lead and sulfur and iron and copper to start
Hopefully we can get that fork of the machines soon for 0.1.2 but most likely won't be able to.

Once I figure out the proper tweak scripts I need to do, you'll be able to use multiple other mods' machines for charging Ferret Batteries.

at the change log vid , you probably should have mentioned passive botania flowers (daybloom,nightshade, hydrodracoas(i can never spell the water flower)) decaying after x time (after a certain version its hardcoded on no more config) since theres a quest line for that mod and its a very signifcant change
Oo yeah, I knew I forgot something big in the changelog vid, its why I added the 'and much more' at the end.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
How to get the server version of the pack from the curse client?
Server version will only be available through the FTB client for now. I'll add a mediafire link to the main post for current Server versions when I get a chance to upload it.

Darianna

Jul 29, 2019
Mhh under Building your Home the Tailsquest....it is completet but i havent get the reward....there isnt a complete button or so... is this right? Maybe delete the reward when there isnt one? ;)
And i get a few warnings on start from Pneumaticcraft and other removed mods...but the pack works..maybe i must reload the whole pack?

Its a very Nice pack and i have a lot of fun gaming it :)

DoYouMined

Jul 29, 2019
It gives you an alloy smelter and a sag mill in the beginning quests, you can power it with whatever you want.

Reactions: Pudding01

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Mhh under Building your Home the Tailsquest....it is completet but i havent get the reward....there isnt a complete button or so... is this right?
Hmm odd, it 'should' be able to claim rewards instantly...guess I'll need to make a task in it.

And i get a few warnings on start from Pneumaticcraft and other removed mods...but the pack works..maybe i must reload the whole pack?
This is really odd, for some people the /scripts/ folder was properly redownloaded, but others it just replaced scripts and stuff, thus leaving the Pneumaticraft script in so you get spammed with errors.

You can stop the errors by opening the folder with the modpack (in FTB Launcher : select the pack, select Edit Mods, and hit Open Folder to get close to it), go to the /minecraft/scripts folder, and delete Pneumaticraft.zs.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019

I've put out another video, this time on Fluxed Crystals 2. The quests in the book are somewhat bugged right now (to get the 2nd quest, you'll need to complete the Steel Exchange Token quest. I accidently left the requirement in after reusing an old quest. Already fixed for 0.1.2.)

Reactions: lewilson82

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
It gives you an alloy smelter and a sag mill in the beginning quests, you can power it with whatever you want.
only 1 though and the recipe is currently very very very very slow to do, so practically you need to make many more alloy furnaces

somehow that video makes me fear lots of shards spilling all over the place and lagging me out

DoYouMined

Jul 29, 2019
only 1 though and the recipe is currently very very very very slow to do, so practically you need to make many more alloy furnaces

somehow that video makes me fear lots of shards spilling all over the place and lagging me out
That's true, I guess I haven't run into that problem. (I haven't played the pack for a month or so, and I've restarted since then).

Last edited:

DoYouMined

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, by the way, if you find a village, those agricraft houses have seeds in them. Random seeds. I will be abusing my diamond seed collection that I got at the beginning until 0.1.2 :)

Desman

Sep 23, 2014

I've put out another video, this time on Fluxed Crystals 2. The quests in the book are somewhat bugged right now (to get the 2nd quest, you'll need to complete the Steel Exchange Token quest. I accidently left the requirement in after reusing an old quest. Already fixed for 0.1.2.)
That's very helpful, because there aren't many tutorials on it.

BigManVegas

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, by the way, if you find a village, those agricraft houses have seeds in them. Random seeds. I will be abusing my diamond seed collection that I got at the beginning until 0.1.2 :)

The argicraft update was long waited for. If you get a full greenhouse it comes with a full water tank/sprinkler system, seed analyzer, 2 plots of random seeds(magical seeds too) & those seeds are starting at 10+ totals so something like 3,7,2, and a agricraft conar... er villager that will weed for you.

DoYouMined

Jul 29, 2019
The argicraft update was long waited for. If you get a full greenhouse it comes with a full water tank/sprinkler system, seed analyzer, 2 plots of random seeds(magical seeds too) & those seeds are starting at 10+ totals so something like 3,7,2, and a agricraft conar... er villager that will weed for you.
Yeah, I spawned next to one, and I got some nice 4 6 9 diamond seeds. Once 0.1.2 comes out, I'm going to log on without updating and convert everything to fluxed. I won't do it until I have to.

Last edited: