[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Spice of Life is different than other mods. Most others, if you don't like it, you can just ignore it and still use the pack. But a player has to pay attention to Spice of Life, even if they don't like it.
This is a good point.

What I'd like is a way to encourage players to vary their diet, via very small boost to moving/mining speed, instead of punishing them if they don't vary it. Don't think I can do that, not easily at least, so probably no Spice of Life.

I still have this mod problem. Also, I tried to start playing a new modpack, added some small mods I like, and got this problem with that pack too! Does anyone know what I should do? Even if you don't, someone, at least answer me, please?
I'm pretty sure I replied to you. =o

Now that being said, how in the heck do I unlock the draconic core that starts it all? I can't find a single quest that leads to its unlocking and am frankly tired of beating my head into a wall
Just get enough reputation in all three tracks to unlock it. =) I put some hints in the Shop Loyalty quests about it.

I am having performance issues after generating chunks, the chunks keep updating and I will get like 200 chunk updates, and my fps will go down to 0 for several seconds, then everything stops responding in-game (breaking block lag, chat lag) etc. all in singleplayer. I am absolutely stumped as to why this happens, as I haven't added or removed any mods.
This I've seen happen due to Lycanites occasionally. Other times its an odd bug with Eldritch creatures from Thaumcraft.

wolfenstein19

Jul 29, 2019
What I'd like is a way to encourage players to vary their diet, via very small boost to moving/mining speed, instead of punishing them if they don't vary it. Don't think I can do that, not easily at least, so probably no Spice of Life.
Spice of life works on a negative stimulus. Instead of like most other mods, having incentives to use it, and giving you cool stuff and progression rewards for it, Spice of Life instead punishes you heavily for not following its ways.

On topic: When are you going to do a good update to re-version mods to their latest versions. The versions of Mek and TC you have on there are months old by now.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
TC you have on there are months old by now.
tc? u mean extra tic/ tinkers construct ? ive tried the new version ... it was something it changes the way u think about best weopons and since im way overstocked on the "Rare " material id need ....., thats gonna very nice positive reinforcement for using tinkers weaponry all those lvl ups from before hand .....

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
On topic: When are you going to do a good update to re-version mods to their latest versions. The versions of Mek and TC you have on there are months old by now.
Yes, with each major update I try to update at least SOME of the mods, if not most.

The problem with updating to the absolute latest of every mod at once is that it can cause more issues. Sure, latest and greatest is great, but if it breaks things and makes it difficult to play, then that is no fun.

Reactions: Gamebuster

wolfenstein19

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, with each major update I try to update at least SOME of the mods, if not most.

The problem with updating to the absolute latest of every mod at once is that it can cause more issues. Sure, latest and greatest is great, but if it breaks things and makes it difficult to play, then that is no fun.
My problem isn't that you dont update every mod every update, the problem is more that the last update was in march.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
My problem isn't that you dont update every mod every update, the problem is more that the last update was in march.
And I've kept everyone fairly well up to date on my RL situation, moreso than a lot of folks would have done. My RL has been in somewhat of a turmoil, what with a serious move, issues with a very important surgery I've had to delay, family members passing away, etc.

I could have easily just walked away without a word until I was fully ready to resume work on the pack.

wolfenstein19

Jul 29, 2019
And I've kept everyone fairly well up to date on my RL situation, moreso than a lot of folks would have done. My RL has been in somewhat of a turmoil, what with a serious move, issues with a very important surgery I've had to delay, family members passing away, etc.

I could have easily just walked away without a word until I was fully ready to resume work on the pack.
Have you considered handing the pack off to someone with the time to update it properly?

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Have you considered handing the pack off to someone with the time to update it properly?
I have. I will not.

-----------------

Updates will be resuming soon. My plan is to get a beta of version 0.1.1 some time around next Tuesday out to you folks. That way we don't have another 0.0.8/0.0.8.1 fiasco.

As before, it'll be most of the mods updated, the new quest lines ready, and focus will be making sure bugs are ironed out and dealt with before its sent to the launcher.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Also, since I feel it deserves a better answer than the fairly short, curt one I just gave (My apologies for the abruptness of the response). This is not directed specifically at you, wolfenstein19, but as an overall statement.

This project is something I've been working on for almost a year and a half, and its only been playable for less than a year. It is a continuation of a private, personal project back in 1.6, one I made for a close group of friends.

While maybe at one point I will hand off the reigns to someone else, at this point its still my project, and I have a lot of plans for it. All the things causing delays and issues? Those aren't permanent setbacks, only an unfortunate circumstance that they've been happening relatively close to each other.

If folks can't be patient, there are tons of other packs out there, many with more work behind them, with better update schedules. Check those out! They all deserve attention as well, there many unique and interesting packs to experience.

Don't forget, anyone can also give making a pack a try. It's a whole different beast than it was in previous versions.

Gamebuster

Jun 8, 2014
This I've seen happen due to Lycanites occasionally. Other times its an odd bug with Eldritch creatures from Thaumcraft.

Thanks, removing Lycanites has fixed the problem : ). Also, this pack is one of the best one's I've played, seriously.

KyunaKyuna

Jul 29, 2019
morph flight is disabled till u visit the nether and kill a flying mob it does not need to be a nether mob
IMO, this is a nice way to gently nerf Morph, which I find OP normally. It also allows you to shrink down to do those wiring jobs inside the base, even before flight, which is one reason I find it indispensable. Though it is very heavy on the computer. My older machine simply will not run at a decent FPS if Morph is in a pack, though it will run most other things. A bit of a shame, as I can not play with my daughter in a shared world.

In any case, I am rambling and it is clear to all of you that it is Friday morning in the office and I may not be entirely motivated to work! Have a good weekend when you get there.

Reactions: Pudding01

WikidSick

Jul 29, 2019
Ok guys i have three questions
1. When will the update come?
2. Will the update have Magical Crops with the new Zivicio stuff?
3. Will the update have Reliquary (Mod with Fertility lilypads)?

Gamebuster

Jun 8, 2014
The update will come when caligan releases it. As for the other questions, I don't know.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
1. When its ready. I'm planning for a beta release Tuesday or Wednesday, depending on how many issues I run into updating the mods on my end that need ironing out.
2. No, unless updating the other mods requires Magical Crops to update as well. But either way, next version is the last version Magical Crops will be in the pack, as its being replaced with Fluxed Crystals 2.
3. Nope, not planning on adding Reliquary.

WikidSick

Jul 29, 2019
1. When its ready. I'm planning for a beta release Tuesday or Wednesday, depending on how many issues I run into updating the mods on my end that need ironing out.
2. No, unless updating the other mods requires Magical Crops to update as well. But either way, next version is the last version Magical Crops will be in the pack, as its being replaced with Fluxed Crystals 2.
3. Nope, not planning on adding Reliquary.
What you mean Its being replaced with Fluxed Crystals 2?