[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
so does this mean the buildcraft quarry is to easy to get for what it does? the recipe can be nerfed(maybe a few ender quarry parts) without much diffculty if thats an issue
The problem in doing this is there are so many other recipes I'd have to balance out likewise, and given there are thousands of items in this pack, and its not a 'serious hardcore' style pack like, say, the the material energy packs or likewise, it'd eat up time better spent on more quests and more Corp Shop stuff. =)

Very noobish question here but how do I install this mod pack?
As darthwesix said, or you can use the Curse client and search for Ferret Business, as it is located there as well.

Based on what Caigan has said, it looks like the goal is more to introduce as many mods as possible and give the player lots of choice, rather than pushing them down a certain path. If that is the pack goal, the balance between quarries and crops doesn’t matter very much.
Exactly. Yes, I still need to worry about balance, but not SUPER heavily. So config changes, occasional recipe tweaking, etc works better for the pack than in-depth MineTweaking every recipe.

Without the hunger overhaul or spice of life it makes no sense to have such a wide variety of foods. I really feel this is a problem for the pack...
I had both Hunger Overhaul and Spice of Life included initially, but I found them somewhat annoying when there was so much to do already.

The variety of food is much like the variety of blocks (chisel, ztones). You don't need to have them, but they are nice.

I 'may' add back just spice of life after next version, we'll see.

Reactions: Pudding01

Gamebuster

Jun 8, 2014
It's caused by malisisdoors, I just spent the last two hours adding and removing mods to figure out which one causes it.

I reported it to the mod author.

Last edited:

KyunaKyuna

Jul 29, 2019
Totally minor typo. In "The Factory Line" there is a missing "n" from "can." And now I know how to make an escalator, so it was worth it!

Vanjykins

Jul 29, 2019
I had both Hunger Overhaul and Spice of Life included initially, but I found them somewhat annoying when there was so much to do already.

The variety of food is much like the variety of blocks (chisel, ztones). You don't need to have them, but they are nice.

I 'may' add back just spice of life after next version, we'll see.

I really hope you won't. Been playing and recommending this pack for a while now, just never posted here. I feel Spice of life is worth posting for though. :p
I like the idea of it's nice to have a good variety of foods but you don't NEED them.
Besides, the person commenting on it already added the mods, no need to punish other players for one comment, right?

Mlukvai

Jul 29, 2019
I really hope you won't. Been playing and recommending this pack for a while now, just never posted here. I feel Spice of life is worth posting for though. :p
I like the idea of it's nice to have a good variety of foods but you don't NEED them.
Besides, the person commenting on it already added the mods, no need to punish other players for one comment, right?

It's hardly punishment :p. That comment, just like yours, is simply feedback, which is subjective.

I do agree though that it's easy to add the mods yourself, but for people with 0 experience with modded mc that might not be the case. Maybe include spice of life as disabled with a short explanation of how to enable it could be an option?

TheRonin

Jul 29, 2019

You do realize that you can play the pack in Creative right?

No hunger, no damage and no pesky need to collect resources... Yay!

KyunaKyuna

Jul 29, 2019
Spice of Life is different than other mods. Most others, if you don't like it, you can just ignore it and still use the pack. But a player has to pay attention to Spice of Life, even if they don't like it. Personally, I don't enjoy the mod that much. If I needed that much realism, I would stop playing games and go sort out why my car door doesn't close properly...

Reactions: An0nymuS

TheRonin

Jul 29, 2019
Spice of Life is different than other mods. Most others, if you don't like it, you can just ignore it and still use the pack. But a player has to pay attention to Spice of Life, even if they don't like it. Personally, I don't enjoy the mod that much. If I needed that much realism, I would stop playing games and go sort out why my car door doesn't close properly...

That sounds like a thing you should do before you endanger yourself or someone else on the road...

So +1 for realism I guess?

I wish we could have signatures... Mine would read... "Spice of Life: For people who realize that hurtling down the road at 100 miles per hour with a door that doesn't close properly is a bad idea."

Vanjykins

Jul 29, 2019
It's hardly punishment :p. That comment, just like yours, is simply feedback, which is subjective.

I do agree though that it's easy to add the mods yourself, but for people with 0 experience with modded mc that might not be the case. Maybe include spice of life as disabled with a short explanation of how to enable it could be an option?

For me it would be. :p I like to craft all the foods, even for those grind quests packs like to add, but i don't want to have to walk around with a full inventory for all the food you have to eat. xD
And i know a modpack maker can't ever please everyone. I've seen a lot of people complain about Lycanites, but the people i play with on our server all quite enjoy the challenge. Except maybe for the loud red shooting things in the nether. >.<

Mlukvai

Jul 29, 2019
For me it would be. :p I like to craft all the foods, even for those grind quests packs like to add, but i don't want to have to walk around with a full inventory for all the food you have to eat. xD
And i know a modpack maker can't ever please everyone. I've seen a lot of people complain about Lycanites, but the people i play with on our server all quite enjoy the challenge. Except maybe for the loud red shooting things in the nether. >.<

Yeah I know alot of people dislike the mod profoundly. I'm not sure I want to play with it myself in this pack, kinda agree with Caigan that there's so much else to do than worrying about food all the time. But as long as Caigan doesn't integrate it with other mods in the pack (hqm-wise for example) you could remove it just as easy as the other guy who wanted it added it. Or just disable the diminishing returns part of it in the configs. Anyways, I'm sure Caigan will find a way to "punish" as few players as possible ;).

On a side note, spice of life adds a lunchbox which is great to avoid occupation of precious inventory slots.

TheRonin

Jul 29, 2019
I like Lyacnites too :(.

I'll probably re-add it after it gets removed.

Dying is fun... Dwarf Fortress 4 lyf.

KyunaKyuna

Jul 29, 2019
That sounds like a thing you should do before you endanger yourself or someone else on the road...

So +1 for realism I guess?

I wish we could have signatures... Mine would read... "Spice of Life: For people who realize that hurtling down the road at 100 miles per hour with a door that doesn't close properly is a bad idea."
Oh, don't worry, it is the passenger side...

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
spice of life added would mean for me : time to remove my need of normal food this is either in the form of healing axe or fruit of grisia and if i cant make it to those before its time shame ill need to use mana cookies

rmfranco

Jul 29, 2019
"Forge mod loader has found a problem with you minecraft installation
You have mod sources that are duplicate within your system
Mod Id : File name

se : minecraft.jar

What do I do about this? I'm on a mac, and am trying to add a lot of small mods. I got it to work without anything added, but as I added mods, I'd get double mods errors, so I'd delete them until now, where I only have this.

I still have this mod problem. Also, I tried to start playing a new modpack, added some small mods I like, and got this problem with that pack too! Does anyone know what I should do? Even if you don't, someone, at least answer me, please?

Charleswcrumbley

Jul 29, 2019
So befoer I ask my question I would like to start b telling you as one modpack creator to another, awesome job! I really love how you have created your own economy within the pack. It makes server play more fun.

Now that being said, how in the heck do I unlock the draconic core that starts it all? I can't find a single quest that leads to its unlocking and am frankly tired of beating my head into a wall :)

Reactions: Bennyboy1695

Gamebuster

Jun 8, 2014
I am having performance issues after generating chunks, the chunks keep updating and I will get like 200 chunk updates, and my fps will go down to 0 for several seconds, then everything stops responding in-game (breaking block lag, chat lag) etc. all in singleplayer. I am absolutely stumped as to why this happens, as I haven't added or removed any mods.

MBuEmDx.jpg
[/IMG]
MBuEmDx.jpg

Last edited:

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Now that being said, how in the heck do I unlock the draconic core that starts it all? I can't find a single quest that leads to its unlocking and am frankly tired of beating my head into a wall :)
hidden quest with high rep reqs (to finish) the exact reqs show up after a certain shop loyalty tier (quite early on )u dont get the draconic core first u get draconim ingots first as the first significant item from that mod (i dont count the matches as signifcant much more a simple gate thats gives a small "cosmetic" token on the side)

Last edited: