[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

DarthRuler1

Jul 29, 2019
Okay I really hate to say this, but the update definitely will not be out this week.

My partner's mother just passed away, and we're both a bit of a mess emotionally. We also need to take a trip for at least a few days to sort out the burial and belongings and everything...

I'm really sorry I keep having to put the update off. =(
I completely understand. Take your time and don't worry about us we got other stuff to complete as well.

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
I know this will sound selfish, but I can't think of a better way to put it...

I just hope that the disruption caused will fully disrupt this pack's development/patching.

Wow that sounded even more "jerkish" when I read it... Um... I can't think of a way to fix that up... I'm sure you know what I mean... I hope...

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I know this will sound selfish, but I can't think of a better way to put it...

I just hope that the disruption caused will fully disrupt this pack's development/patching.

Wow that sounded even more "jerkish" when I read it... Um... I can't think of a way to fix that up... I'm sure you know what I mean... I hope...
Uhh, I have no idea how to interpret this. xD

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
Uhh, I have no idea how to interpret this. xD
I've seen various instances of great potential go down the drain because of some disruption in the person's life and they never manage to get back into "the swing of things".

I also didn't want my post to be taken the wrong way.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I've seen various instances of great potential go down the drain because of some disruption in the person's life and they never manage to get back into "the swing of things".

I also didn't want my post to be taken the wrong way.
I think you mean "I hope the disruption will NOT fully disrupt..." then. =)

Edit : And it shouldn't. Just need time to grieve and get all the affairs sorted out and in order. It's just my partner and I dealing with everything since we're the remaining family.

Reactions: Pudding01

Yello Pikmin

Jul 29, 2019
Okay I really hate to say this, but the update definitely will not be out this week.

My partner's mother just passed away, and we're both a bit of a mess emotionally. We also need to take a trip for at least a few days to sort out the burial and belongings and everything...

I'm really sorry I keep having to put the update off. =(

I'm really sorry to hear that, man. Losing somebody close to you is definitely one of the hardest things to go through. I hope you're alright. If it's any condolence from a stranger on the internet, I know how it feels to go through something like that.

We'll all still be here, so take your time. ;)

I'll still remain excited for your next installment of this pack, whenever it comes.

KyunaKyuna

Jul 29, 2019
I had not tried Magic Seeds before, as it was going to be coming out of the pack, but gave it a whirl last night. And I think I now better understand what you are aiming for. I love how the seeds tie you into the store and provide a reason to chase coins. This looks to me to be a real strength in the pack. Caigan had written there were problems and a switch to a new mod (Fluxed Crystals or something like that) was in the works. I hope that it captures the goodness of the store providing options that I see now.

The glowstone seeds are available in there and since I had chosen not to go to the nether, I had to work to get glowstone from somewhere. Nether quartz was also available in the store, but now I had to choose what to do with my vouchers. Lovely dynamic, especially since I am also trying to build an ender pearl farm, putting more interesting decisions in my path what to do with limited resources.

The RFTools autocrafters are really useful in the production process. I was going to checkout their storage system, as I had seen it in a Direwolf20 video, but it seems that it is not in the mod anymore. I was thinking of not going down the AE2 path this time, but need something to do the sorting. I have done the chests with pipes before and am interested in a new option. Does anyone have any suggestions?

KyunaKyuna

Jul 29, 2019
"Issues abound with Magic Crops." Like MR not recognizing them...

As I try to avoid mining and live off the Hardware shop, I have to order a lot of iron and yellowrite. If there was a way to allow the choice of the volume of purchase, it would be lovely. I suspect that is a trickier add than some others, but thought I would put it out there.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
"Issues abound with Magic Crops." Like MR not recognizing them...
oh mfr not recognizing them oh that there was a mod to patch that(quite awhile ago) and then there was the other solution ,with the assurance that 1 config in magical crop was not enabled(no auto replanting seeds!!) the ender io farming station worked beautifully ive heard/seen on vids

Pixxlationn

Jul 29, 2019
oh mfr not recognizing them oh that there was a mod to patch that(quite awhile ago) and then there was the other solution ,with the assurance that 1 config in magical crop was not enabled(no auto replanting seeds!!) the ender io farming station worked beautifully ive heard/seen on vids
Yep, the farming station works beautifully. I'm thinking of setting up some reinforced watering cans above magical crops using aa's, hopefully it'll work.

EDIT: And question, I was browsing NEI and Draconic Evolution seems to not have any recipes? Can I not use/craft any items until it has a questline?

Last edited:

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
I was browsing NEI and Draconic Evolution seems to not have any recipes? Can I not use/craft any items until it has a questline?
it does have half a questline and yes all draconic evolution ithems/blocks estra are from the quest book or are made from stuff from the quest book

aliatic

Jul 29, 2019
holy crappers...

I'm finding combat so hard in this pack! The nether seems almost un-travesable... I'm in manasteel armour, I have tinkers weaponry including a alumite crossbow... die pretty quickly every time I try a great adventure. And the castles in the overworld! Whew... there's many deaths there too...
I feel totally out-gunned when trying to go exploring.

Am I just totally crap at this game, or is it supposed to be this hard?!

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
holy crappers...

I'm finding combat so hard in this pack! The nether seems almost un-travesable... I'm in manasteel armour, I have tinkers weaponry including a alumite crossbow... die pretty quickly every time I try a great adventure. And the castles in the overworld! Whew... there's many deaths there too...

have u tried embracing flight from morph ? optimally u need a monster with 20hp or more hp that has the flight ablilty examples (Cacodemon(flying nether lycanite mob that shoots energy orbs -kill them on sight they hurt like hell to get shot by )a wisp from thaumcraft this flying mob has good evasion ,great morph overall , the blaze from vannila a classic just dont touch water or rain in this body it hurts (some bodys have weaknesses which are bad to trigger its near monsters picture in morph along with the buffs ) to unlock a body kill that monster once

those overworld castles are rougelike dungeons there supposed to be hard

SlyJacob

Jul 29, 2019
holy crappers...

The easiest thing is to craft yourself a jetpack from the jetpack mod. You can install armour upgrade onto it aswell. And some decent armour for the rest of your body and you should be fine. Just don't rush the mobs, take them out one by one. Especially in these dungeons there can be 6-8 mobs attacking you at the same time, and they keep spawning from the spawners, so that can be pretty hard to deal with. But think about TC weapons, there are some that deal damage to multiple enemies, penetrate armour etc. Best to read the wiki ;)

KyunaKyuna

Jul 29, 2019
holy crappers...

I'm finding combat so hard in this pack! !

The dungeons are tricky. I found some success by mining around hallways, then popping out right next to the spawners and taking them out quickly. Alternatively, I would carry blocks with me and create small entry ways, so that the number of mobs who could get to me was very limited. Also, without giving away too much, the spawners on the lower levels are very cleverly hid away, so you have to be clever in return.

Check out the Warp Book. When down in a dungeon, being able to get out in a hurry can be useful sometimes and has saved me when I have got in a bad spot a few times. It is also nice to be able to teleport in and out with loot.

The jet pack suggestion is good, especially about adding the armor. That said, you will want to get up a tier or two, as the leadstone pack and armor is bottom tier for a reason. And you can do a questline while you are building it, so you might get lucky on a blind bag at the end.

I am not fond of the crossbows in TC and prefer the bows. I find them more flexible in combat, but that could just be me.

Last edited:

KyunaKyuna

Jul 29, 2019
General feedback after a few more hours of play.

We get three currencies: the coins, the chits and the vouchers. Accepting that there are planned changes to automate bagging coins, I still wonder if we need three currencies. Right now, we turn coins to vouchers, then spend them. Why not just let us spend coins and avoid the currency conversion step? I don't see the coins and vouchers representing different things. The chits do represent number of trades and add to a different reputation value, so they do play a slightly different role.

Linked to this, I hooked up my nuclear reactor to my tree farm harvester. Because I could! That aside, my crate production went up significantly and a real problem is too many coins. I am going to use a deep storage for them and cross my fingers that changing is automated or I can send them directly in the update.

Balancing issue is the researcher levels that allow access to magic crops seems to be much harder to get than the chit and coins requirements. So I have to keep buying the "general" bags of seeds rather than advancing to the "specific set" of bags stage. I have been having fun automating resource collection via the crops and the idea I can get everything without going to the Nether is a neat goal.

Thanks for your reply about the Extra Utilities quest and the cobblestone requirement. The story line idea of a researcher who wants lots of samples is a nice one. With respect though, the start of the EU quest is a third or fourth tier quest and it just feels odd that I am that far along the path and am being asked for something that I picked up in the first five minutes of the game. Perhaps using the good story line idea on an earlier quest?

Puzzlebark

Jul 29, 2019
would be nice if there was no lycanites mobs :(

whenever i see one:

VNF80fc.jpg

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
would be nice if there was no lycanites mobs :(
there removed in the next update they where only nice becuase of morph(early full hp flight +fire resit) and early blaze power and netherwart and some ghast tears on the side(id much prefer normal ghasts for that)