[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I found a super good reason to get rid of Lycanite Mobs for the future updates, the Ooze.

The Ooze has become the bane of my existence. It is a pain to come across when mining, it is pain to fall into. It is a pain to find randomly. Worst of all, it has jammed two of my quarries a total of five times. I personally dislike Ender Quarries and I have been using BC Quarries for years so it annoys the hell out of me when I flood an area for Obsidian and I get my quarry mining ice blocks from the Ooze.

Please bring on any other mob-inclusive mods!

Attachments

• 2015-07-16_01.10.58.png
    2015-07-16_01.10.58.png
    283.3 KB · Views: 63

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
toxic fluid that spawns(think mobspawner like) an icey flying mob that shoots u with slowness (and has an annoying laugh )here a fun bit this fluid spawns in the twilight forest tooo as well as the overworld , the fact it has no "decent" loot does not help (at least blizzes from te drop a nice ithem )

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2019
Or you could turn off the ooze.
You can edit Ooze worldgen via the arcticmobs-worldgen.cfg.

I love the lycanite models, I understand if it has to go though.

Unfortunately that would mean bricking my world, and I like it too much to do so. It didn't cost me much, only ~10 yellowrite ingots. I have my Reactor using about 0.01mb/tick so running it all night didn't set me too far back in terms of energy. I only really lost about ~518,400,000 RF so it isn't a big deal, I have it running at only 900 RF/tick.

I have already mined more then 100 Yellowrite ores on this dig so it is an annoyance rather than a crazy issue.

Asura_San

Jul 29, 2019
I agree with @Damien Darkside to remove Lycanites, I've had nothing but problems with them, both server side messing up with one other mod annnnd there spawning mob mechanic piss me off :p (WHY cant I just live in peace with my magnum torch D: damn you Lycanites!) on top of that allot of there liquids are useless or break something

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately that would mean bricking my world
? Why would it brick your world?

How to update the pack to 0.1.1 ?
Pack is only at 0.1.0 right now, I'm currently working on the 0.1.1 update.

I agree with @Damien Darkside to remove Lycanites
Yep, and its already removed and replaced in 0.1.1 update with Project Zulu. =)

------------
Sorry for the lack of talking thus far. It hasn't been a very good week for me, but I'm still working on the next update. Hoping to get something out to you guys soon!

Reactions: Pudding01
Jul 29, 2019
"Brick my world" as in it is already there and disabling it in the config won't take it out of my world since a really good chunk is already there. Either way I got it all sorted out. Fly and a bunch of cobble that was re-mined. Meh.

Easily got over 200 Yellorite Ores from the mine so I'm set.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
"Brick my world" as in it is already there and disabling it in the config won't take it out of my world since a really good chunk is already there. Either way I got it all sorted out. Fly and a bunch of cobble that was re-mined. Meh.

Easily got over 200 Yellorite Ores from the mine so I'm set.
Ah, "Bricking" anything usually refers to it being unusable anymore xD So I thoguht for some reason it'd corrupt your world.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
btw @Caigan whats the deal with infernal mobs? they staying or something else
For the next version they will still be around, possibly another version after that.

I'll need to work out how to do SpecialAI/MobProperties the way I want them, so that you still encounter 'mini boss' style dangerous monsters, but without the slight instability and issues Infernal Mobs seems to cause some folks.

MinkWinsor

Jul 29, 2019
Just discovered this pack and want to say that it's great! I've never seen such a unique quest book setup. Can't wait for the next update!

Reactions: Pudding01

kuhwan

Jul 29, 2019
For the next version they will still be around, possibly another version after that.

I'll need to work out how to do SpecialAI/MobProperties the way I want them, so that you still encounter 'mini boss' style dangerous monsters, but without the slight instability and issues Infernal Mobs seems to cause some folks.

named wither bosses are not fun :( screws up my witherfarm

totallypostponed

Jul 29, 2019
I would really love to play this pack, that is, if it will launch! It won't even launch! If it's something like a memory problem, then I don't how to fix those. I looked everywhere, practically no one else is having this problem.