[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Major Slayer Dark

Jul 29, 2019
the Draconic storage guide the tier 7 core in the book is set up wrong a mod had to spawn in the tablet to find out how to build it and gave me it

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
No i don't think you are suppose to beable to make TC tool with draconium since it can already make op gear. Also Caigan mind helping me solve a problem real quick? I'm playing the modpack Banished which is new lately and its a caveworld like map but its having a problem with lycanite mobs taking up spawn cap and normal mobs not spawning so wondering if you have a way to fix this or had this problem yourself in a earlier version? Figure if anyone had an answer to this, it would be you with the experience lycanite mobs have caused this modpack with its spawning before.

Asura_San

Jul 29, 2019
just wanted to know is there ever gonna be computercraft peripherals API stuff...be really nice to have :p make my life allot easier.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
also are you meant to make tc tool with draconium? for it only will smelt down and be turned to a block/ingot.
for making tinkers-construct tools out of draconium or the awakend varient, last i heard u made the cores(draconium core being called wyren) and used them as material in a part builder

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
also are you meant to make tc tool with draconium?
You need to use Wyvern or similar cores in the Part Builder.

No i don't think you are suppose to beable to make TC tool with draconium since it can already make op gear.
You can, Extra TiC adds support for it, Elementium, Mana Steel, and a b unch of other metals. Most you usually just use the ingot in the Part Builder, instead of melting and pouring it like usual.

its having a problem with lycanite mobs taking up spawn cap and normal mobs not spawning
This is why we're switching from Lycanites to Project Zulu. I spent multiple versions trying to keep Lycanites spawn rates in check, and only sort of got to a middle ground with it without just disabling half the spawning rules and limiting Lycanites monsters to 1 or 2 each at most (even then, they tend to dominate the spawn cap).

just wanted to know is there ever gonna be computercraft peripherals API stuff
Hmm not sure exactly what you mean. Next version will have OpenPeripherals in it.

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
This is why we're switching from Lycanites to Project Zulu. I spent multiple versions trying to keep Lycanites spawn rates in check, and only sort of got to a middle ground with it without just disabling half the spawning rules and limiting Lycanites monsters to 1 or 2 each at most (even then, they tend to dominate the spawn cap).

Thanks for the advice, i posted it on the banish modpack area and see if this can't improve his work. Love both modpacks but sometimes you just need a new perspective about idea and i find Banish is better for learning magic mods no offense.

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly Banish only has ArsMagica over this pack. Maybe a few other add-ons. This modpack is a "kitchen sink" modpack.

Hell, I don't even use IC2 in it because of Tinker's and Thermal.

For a true vanilla magic experience that allows you to learn these mods, this modpack is the best. I can't wait to see what we get to do for Thaumcraft!

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly Banish only has ArsMagica over this pack. Maybe a few other add-ons. This modpack is a "kitchen sink" modpack.

Hell, I don't even use IC2 in it because of Tinker's and Thermal.

For a true vanilla magic experience that allows you to learn these mods, this modpack is the best. I can't wait to see what we get to do for Thaumcraft!

Damien yes its true you might have some more freedom and that to work with the magic mods but HQM only gives limit amount of quest space so Caigan can only give so many quests per area where Banish is a magic only HQM pretty much which can go into a deeper understanding of the magic mods. Also while i love the vanilla aspect maybe the problem i find is that you get to the point of repeating crap that i can only play for like 10 minutes at a time. Sometimes you need new ideas and Challenges which is what Banish is for me. Not to offend Caigan or that because i do love his modpack and its probably 1 of the only kitchen sink modpacks i play but when you play it so much it ends with ya needing a break from it often enough.

P.S. o_O I only used tinkers for maybe the first 60 or so ore so i can get my Ender IO setup since its not hard to make 2 Windmills and have them power everything early game.

oliverrook

Jul 29, 2019
Congratulations Caigan, you inspired me to add yet another oc to my collection. I now have a ferret oc named charlie. Curse my easily inspired mind!

Reactions: Pudding01

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
Congratulations Caigan, you inspired me to add yet another oc to my collection. I now have a ferret oc named charlie. Curse my easily inspired mind!
I've got Ember (Humanoid dragon), Flame (feral dragon), StarRunner (Chakat), StarChaser (Pegasus), Shadow (wolf), Paladin (Not quite an angel), and Byte (Basically a program given physical form).

Who've you got?

Asura_San

Jul 29, 2019
any idea when awaked draconic stuff is gonna be coming in (second tier) love to start working on the tools and such.

btw is there ever gonna be chickenchunks loader or the wireless redstone from chickenbone also... be allot nicer than the other chunk loaders we got..and no way to really do allot of wireless redstone stuff so be nice to have both.

and also look into the mod Matter Overdrive. Looks pretty cool!
Can't wait for the next update and see all the cool stuffs! :D

Last edited:

oliverrook

Jul 29, 2019
I've got Ember (Humanoid dragon), Flame (feral dragon), StarRunner (Chakat), StarChaser (Pegasus), Shadow (wolf), Paladin (Not quite an angel), and Byte (Basically a program given physical form).

Who've you got?
OK.
Heeeeeeeeerrrreeee we gooooo.
Aquia (the otterdog) Maria (Dragon/Leapord/Snow Leapord/Lizard) Mark(Wolf/Lizard) John(Human) Nick(Fox/Firefox/Human/Whatever I feel like) Sarah(Fox) Lucas(Lucario) Charlie(Ferret) Vox(Fox) Mia(Whatever I feel like) Emeralia(Dragon) Kokosu(Mouse) Scarlet(Cat) Tim(Wolf) Tye(Dinosaur) Aceem(Yoshi) Dawn Star(MLP Unicorn) Warudzie (Feral Fox) Hydria (Otter) Opal (Human) Shade(humanoid demi-god) Jack(Weasel) aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannd
Venice (Bat)

Reactions: Pudding01

weirdodaner

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I'm trying to start this pack but after 5 minutes of loading (the mojang logo) it just crashes. any fixes for that?

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
any idea when awaked draconic stuff is gonna be coming in (second tier) love to start working on the tools and such.
I'm not sure how much quest wise I"m going to be able to get in the next version. The heat, broken AC, and being sick after the move have sort of put a creative crimper on my brain, so work has slowed down some on my end.

btw is there ever gonna be chickenchunks loader or the wireless redstone from chickenbone also... be allot nicer than the other chunk loaders we got..and no way to really do allot of wireless redstone stuff so be nice to have both.
Chickenchunks, no, we have Dimensional Anchors. As for Wireless Redstone, possibly, since its super small.

and also look into the mod Matter Overdrive. Looks pretty cool!
Yeah I was amused by it during BetterThanMinecon, but with everything else being added, I'm still mostly wanting to focus on heavier cross-mod things, and I'm personally at what I'd consider the upper limit of mods for the pack after this : OpenComputers, Computronics, OpenPeripherals. I'm waffling on my original idea of having Recurrent Complex still, actually.

that reminds me if your going add the true draconic armor aka awakened armor will you turn the spawn of the chaos dragon back on?
I'll work this out when I get to working on the second half of the DE quests.

Hi, I'm trying to start this pack but after 5 minutes of loading (the mojang logo) it just crashes. any fixes for that?
What version of Java are you using, and how much RAM do you have allocated to the pack?

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
version 8 update 45 java and I have 8 GB RAM free
8 free, but what do you have allocated in the FTB Launcher options? If its less than 3 GB or more than 5, set it to 4 gigs maximum. Some folks have issues with Java and giving minecraft too much memory to work with.