[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
So, here's some notes I've taken for my current pack, future projects, and whatnot, because of BetterThanMinecon :

Definitely need to update Buildcraft and stuff.

Replacing Magical Crops with Fluxed Crystals. This is due to issues Magical Crops has been having, and the updates to it haven't helped things. Also, better balance and less bug issues, both with itself and with other mod support by what I can see.

Possibly adding OpenComputers...because that 3D Printer makes me smile. Also a bunch of the other things with OpenComputers. I don't think it'd replace ComputerCraft, but we'll see. Yes, this was already on the 'considering' list due to a few people requesting it already, but I didn't have time to look at it till now. =)

Computronics, since it enhances both OpenComputers and ComputerCraft. Remember, smaller mods that enhance more than one other bigger mod are very nice in my books.

Zetta Industries looks intriguing but hard to find stuff on it just yet.

Matter Overdrive looks really good but it woudln't be for Ferret Business, but for [Project Alpha] probably.

Refined Relocation, another really interesting but probably not for this pack mod. Same with Integrated Circuits.

EDIT : Definitely pleased with decision to have Aura Cascade as one of the next questlines I'm already working on. The demonstration and explanation area was interesting.

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
Replacing Magical Crops with Fluxed Crystals. This is due to issues Magical Crops has been having, and the updates to it haven't helped things. Also, better balance and less bug issues, both with itself and with other mod support by what I can see.
*looks at current farms and shudders*

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm maybe, but if I'm adding OpenComputers it has drone type stuff too, not sure what all the can do, I need to look into it.

Also, for me open peripherals is a must:
http://openmods.info
Yep, this is already on the list to be added.

*looks at current farms and shudders*
I'll for sure have both versions in at the same time, so folks have time to trade in their Magical Crops for the equivilant Fluxed Crystals.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
*looks at magical crop fields * whelp there goes a simple farm *rembers watching a video on fluxed crystals(1?)* *shudders *
well hopefully fluxed crystals 2 is better then the first one

rmfranco

Jul 29, 2019
This looks like what I'l like to play, but how/where do I download it? I've never gotten a Modpack before. Also, if I was to use this, would it work if I also used a few other mods too? or would that likely cause a problem?

Jul 29, 2019
This looks like what I'l like to play, but how/where do I download it? I've never gotten a Modpack before. Also, if I was to use this, would it work if I also used a few other mods too? or would that likely cause a problem?

You need the FTB launcher which you can get from the site.

The under Third Party Packs you click "add pack" then you type in the code at the beginning of the thread which is:

ILoveBlindBags

Then there you go!

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
So, been working on the pack a lot of the day (not very hard, the air conditioning here died...again...and its been one of the hottest days these last few weeks.)

Some changes to how the Store works :

• Exchanging Coins for Store Vouchers will no longer give Shop Loyalty
  • Bagged Coins is primarily for saving inventory space and as rewards for questing.
  • Shop items now give more loyalty, depending on how many Shop Vouchers they cost. Every 20 vouchers is 1 Shop Loyalty reputation (Rounded to the nearest. So 30 = 2 points, while 25 = 1)
  • Voucher exchange will now give you a stack of Exchange Tokens in addition to the normal trade-in.
    • You can use the EnderIO Alloy Smelter to combine 1 Exchange Token with the appropriate amount of coins for that tier to get a Shop Voucher.
  • 5x Exchanges have been removed (both because you can now automate it, plus to save number of quests used)
We didn't have time to code the Shipping and Packaging machines this weekend, unfortunately. A sick cat and a very hot weekend didn't work out well for us, unfortunately.

Given the outlook of the week both temperature wise and repair wise (this current heat is killing a 'lot' of AC units in our complex), I'm still going to try to get an update submitted by this weekend, but I cannot make any promises. I will, however, keep you all up to date here and on my player.me / twitter when I remember to!

For now, here's a little peak at the current changes to the General Shop layout

ovhfvcc.png

Reactions: An0nymuS

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
well in hindsight i guess it doesn't make sense that we could max out shop loyalty rep by just exchanging coins for vouchers and not spending any of it
Initially it was to get around a bug HQM had where if you DIDN'T have a reputation reward, the quest would visually say it still had rewards for you when it didn't.

I just sort of left it in after the update that fixed it.

I gotta play more Bioshock...
Bioshock style skyrails in minecraft would be amazing.

kuhwan

Jul 29, 2019
Might i suggest adding "Steve's addons" to the pack? its a mini-mod that complements Steve's factory manager,

it includes an item that can copy and paste setups between managers
able to copy commands in the manager GUI
and a factory labeller as well as other neat features

Jul 29, 2019
I would actually love the ability to ship Research Items as a crate. Seriously I have stacks of bones, creepy flesh and slime hearts and by the time the timer expires, I have more...

Especially with a looting III sword in a rouge-like dungeon.

Solarwuff

Jul 29, 2019
since the chunkloaders from both MineFactory Reloaded and Steave's Carts 2 are not working i would like to request ChickenChunks from chickenbones

For the rest it's a very need mod pack even if the loading times are a bit long some times

kuhwan

Jul 29, 2019
since the chunkloaders from both MineFactory Reloaded and Steave's Carts 2 are not working i would like to request ChickenChunks from chickenbones

For the rest it's a very need mod pack even if the loading times are a bit long some times

Dimensional anchor is in this pack I believe. That's the chunk loader

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
since the chunkloaders from both MineFactory Reloaded and Steave's Carts 2
The MFR one 'should' work it just takes a lot of power.

The Steve's Carts one is a known issue that prooobably won't be fixed ever, since I believe Vswe is working on acompletely new thing called Steve's Vehicles.

And yeah, Dimensional Anchors is the chunkloader in the pack, because it isn't free to run (chickenchunks), nor is it silly expensive (MFR)

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
Dimensional anchor is in this pack I believe. That's the chunk loader

I think you can just use ender pearls for it but i think eyes of ender last longer so easy enough to set up a small auto spawner farm for blazes and endermen to run it for when your away from base.

Reactions: Pudding01